Galak: congratulations !!!

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Galak: congratulations !!!

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hi there,

just a few word in order to tell you I looked on your website today, and the counter told me you had 39466 visitors on your website... So this message is just in order to congratulate you: near 40000 visitors !!!

For those ones who don't know this website (maybe a looooong travel in Siberia, or North Korea, should explain it):

www.midgardbb.com

the most valuable source for BB !!!

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

325 hits seperate me and the "other" big fan BB site.

So 40k will be kinda a magic moment for the site ... its a big number to reach, and at that point it will probably have just passed the other big fan site for total number of hits.

The things that makes this more special to me is that bloodbowl.com hasn't listed my site yet .... Andy knows but as recent events show he has been busy.

The other fan site is down for repairs and has been for about 2 1/2 months. Yet its averaging about 100 to 150 hits daily because in large part the link from bloodbowl.com. My site gets between 200 and 300 hits daily. If it was referenced by the GW official site ... who knows.

Anyway, I'm glad its there. Lately most of my time on the site has been in 3 areas:
1) Updating the articles pages
2) Updating the BBRC October topics
3) Updating the teams for MBBL and MBBL2 league play

I also recently booted up and started pbembb.com to give the PBeM tool a more official home.

If there is something missing from the site let me know. I have a harddrive full of stuff that needs added and several shelves of BB material that needs typed to get on to the site. Someday everything will be there.

One of my new pushes after I get the MBBL started for Season 2 will be to get a miniature picture guide on my site which will display painted pictures (since details are easier to see on painted figs) of every BB fig ever made. Unpainted pics will be used if I don't have one, but I want to get all the miniatures together in one place to make kinda a collector's ultimate checklist for BB miniature collecting.

Oh and I've gotten emails asking me to post the articles from BB Mag #3 to the site ... sorry folks that's not happening. GW legal leaves me alone so far because I never post an article where the Black Library is still selling the original magazine it was printed in ... only when the article goes to the archive service do I check it off for addition to the site. So you'll have to get the BB Mag #3 info another way.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

So 40k will be kinda a magic moment for the site ... its a big number to reach, and at that point it will probably have just passed the other big fan site for total number of hits.
I guess it. And what about the 50k !!! I don't know except warez websites, if a lot of websites, I mean, not professionnal ones, have reached this amount of visitors...
If there is something missing from the site let me know. I have a harddrive full of stuff that needs added and several shelves of BB material that needs typed to get on to the site. Someday everything will be there.
Hum... A lot of stuff ??? What kind of stuff ?
One of my new pushes after I get the MBBL started for Season 2 will be to get a miniature picture guide on my site which will display painted pictures (since details are easier to see on painted figs) of every BB fig ever made. Unpainted pics will be used if I don't have one, but I want to get all the miniatures together in one place to make kinda a collector's ultimate checklist for BB miniature collecting.
So you finally find this second job you were looking for ? ;) Seriously, will you paint the minis you collect ? I'm trying to, but it's a real pain to see these beautiful and rare minis with a poor paint job... Well, it's true I don't know your paint knowledge. But I guess that with your Golden Daemon teams", and your special teams (I especially think about all the minis you have which was in WD mags), I guess you have to be a real good painter if you want to give your collection a unite...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

As Norse once put it:

"My painting is technically sound by lacks depth and the appearance of animation."

So no I don't paint up to the level of GD quality ... not by a long shot. I painted my avatar if you want a basic idea of my painting ability.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

DaFrenchCoach wrote:
Hum... A lot of stuff ??? What kind of stuff ?
All the remaining CJ and Compendium articles, all the White Dwarf articles, scans of all the pictures in White Dwarf for starters.

Then I have a hard drive full of the best house rules that I've found surfing the net ... Troll Bowl, Boulder Bowl, BB the RPG, Illegal drug and play enhancers, Special Play card list for Dungeonbowl, etc., etc., etc. .... a lot of stuff to get posted.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Troll Bowl... It remind sme a game you bought soem times ago, doesn't it ? What about it finally ? Have you succeded in translating it ?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Some of it ... its still on the list of things to do. Polish to English translation is difficult and slow work.

Galak

Stingger
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingger »

Looking forward to the complete painting guide for all teams :)

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

GalakStarscraper wrote: So no I don't paint up to the level of GD quality ... not by a long shot.
Galak
I have nothing to do with this :)

Let me say Congratulation too for your Web BBDatabase site.
:)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Thanks everyone.

On Sunday, I broke 40k in hits and passed the other large site.

Blood-bowl.net is now the most hit fan created Blood Bowl website not dedicated to forum discussions.

Thanks again ... I'll keep working on adding stuff to it.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

When I log on to the site the counter reads 00000.

Have you reset just to prove a point? :lol:

Seriously though, congrats and keep up the good work. I'm very close to taking my first step into the realms of PBeM, thanks to the info on your site and the other TBB posters.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

GalakStarscraper wrote: full of the best house rules that I've found surfing the net ... ---, Boulder Bowl, ---
:D

I'm happy to see that listed given that I invented the rules originally sent to the bbowl-l mailing list - IIRC somebody there mentioned boulderbowl (or the idea of non-conventional balls) as one of many ideas for bb variants and I invented the rules for it...

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:When I log on to the site the counter reads 00000.

Have you reset just to prove a point? :lol:

Seriously though, congrats and keep up the good work. I'm very close to taking my first step into the realms of PBeM, thanks to the info on your site and the other TBB posters.
hmmm nope ... works for me.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Its not really bb, but did u know about and consider posting the bbowl character for Warhammer Quest on your site Tom? and Congrats on the 40k (Hhhhhmmm 40k where have i heard that phrase b4).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

He, great site. And very, very helpful for me while starting collecting BB minis. Congrats !!
Galak...

i just started a similiar thing on my site. After the starplayers of the 3.ed I put yesterday my 2.ed Big Guys on my side. Mostly not painted, but still better than the scans of the cataloges. I now own nearly all official GW minis ( some very, very rare i maybe never will get my hands on :cry: ) and i will put team after team of 2.ed on my side. If i have some mistakes on my site and you will see them (maybe hard because of german language :wink:) please give me a hint.

So i will keep a kind of german collectors help site here :)

cheers and good luck...

i just reach 340 visiter on my site ... way to go :roll: :lol:

Traveller