need help with my werewolf team in bloodbowl

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bad boy jam
Rookie
Rookie

need help with my werewolf team in bloodbowl

Post by bad boy jam »

:evil: is there anyone outhere in the house i need to know some rules about a werewolf team in bloodbowl the new rules[/b]

Reason: ''
yo the bad man is in the house
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

I take it you went to school in the Staines Massiff!

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The best LRB version with unique rules for the Werewolf team that I've seen are ... I've playtested these rules for over a year ... they work very well for any all Werewolf team. Virtually no extra rules on the pitch and dugout change is no more difficult to handle than the old Off for a Bite. (special thanks to Phil Bowen for the Dugout Change skill). The PBeM tool does Werewolves this way, by having the player type be Werewolf and the player having the skill Were. The other advantage is that the Were form is an as close as possible translation of the 2nd edition Werewolf player. Its a fun team to play ... I played one for a full season and had a blast doing it.
Galak
==============================================
0-16 Werewolf 70,000
6/3/3/7 (7/4/2/8)
Dugout Change (Break Tackle, Mighty Blow, Outrage)
Skill Access: General, Strength, Special

Rerolls: 60,000

Big Guys: The Lycanthrope team may not have any Big Guy players.

Apothecary: Yes

New traits:
Outrage: Outrage works exactly the same as Frenzy EXCEPT if this player is activated and begins his action standing (ie not prone) next to an opponent then he MUST block or blitz that opponent.

Dugout Change: Before each setting up for each kick-off, roll a D6 for this player. On a 5 or 6, he must take the field in his Were form with the stats and skills in ( ) . On a 1-4, he will be human for this drive. At the end of each drive/half, this player always returns to Human stats/skills.

Advance:
On doubles, Werewolves can:
1) gain Razor Sharp Claws (only available in were form)
2) gain Regeneration (usable in both human and were forms)

Special Notes:
1) If a Werewolf takes Mighty Blow on a normal skill roll, his Were form gains the Claw trait.
2) If a Werewolf takes Break Tackle on a normal skill roll, his Were form gains the Dodge skill.
3) Any other skills, traits, or stat increases overwise earned from star player rolls are available normally in both forms.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Why outrage and not WA?
i dont like creating new skills. :)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I agree. I'm all for people making up new teams, but they should be done without making up new rules. Teams should be made to fit within the current rules as much as possible. Just my opinion.

GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Fine .... simple enough.

Replace Outrage with Frenzy.

There the team is simple .... oh and just for the record ... Outrage is not really a new skill .... its the wording straight out of Blood Bowl Magazine #1 for Frenzy.

Let's not get carried away with resisting anything that has a single new mechanic. Okay.

The Necromantic team has a player STARTING with RSC .... never been done before ... yet no one seems to mind.

This team does work with the existing mechanics and the only "new" mechanic is an off-pitch mechanic very similar to an Off for a Bite roll. What's so difficult here???

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

difficult?
you mean in creating teams?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

No Longshot this is more directed at Torg's comment that new teams shouldn't have new rules.

I think that really limits creative ... in my opinion unnecessarily.

However, with the Werewolf I greatly disagree that anything new is being created. The 1st and 2nd edition Werewolf teams before had mechanics for the player to change just like these rules do. The 2nd edition team also used a BB Mag #1 variant of Frenzy ... just like this team does.

IE There is nothing new with this team. All it is a simplied version of the 2nd edition team using LRB rules.

I have no problem with folks not wanting a team with a lot of new rules to be suggested. I completely understand this belief. Just kinda REALLY surprised me that anyone would feel like the Werewolf team from the MBBL2 was too "new" an idea to be considered when its really just a restatement of rules from 2nd edition. There is nothing new or complex with this team ... so I guess I didn't understand Torg's objection to it.

The Gnomish Contraption I understood in a heartbeat ... I forget sometimes how much the PBeM tool does ... so that objection I understood, but this one I just don't see what so new or difficult to object to the team.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

IMO, your Werewolf Team Roster is the best i have seen for the moment.
(i hated those with Werebears,werecats, were....)
This one looks better.
i would suggest some ideas and tell me what you think about it.

-getting 6/3/3/8* on normal (like normal humans) and 7/4/2/7* on werewolf

-I would not take Break Tackle cos (IMO) Werewolf fight the first they see.
that is why i ve said WA and not Frenzy but with WA they the team would become too bad i suppose.
-For changing Armor, i would go with less armored Werewolf but with Thick skull.
-MB is good enough (or Claw instead).

-Apo= i am not sure anybody can heal those strange things :) and they can get Regeneration, so...i would say no :pissed:

Dugout change is a good thing too.
More than rollling a dice at each turn for each player (i ve seen that too...)

advance is good
I would not take the special notes exept the 3).

can they handle the ball when they are Werewolves? (i would say no...)
Werewolf players have to be on the field? (i guess yes!)

so Galak (and the others) ?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Longshot ... okay here's the scoop on the team we use in the MBBL2.

It pretty much a direct translation from 2nd edition.

In 2nd edition you had two forms:

A human form which had Human Lineman stats (exactly the same) EXCEPT they were -1 AV.

So a direct translation to LRB = 6/3/3/7 No skills

Now in comparison to the human form the 2nd edition Werewolf had the following rules (ignoring the Woof Woof junk).

1) They were 1 point faster in movement
2) They were 1 point stronger
3) They were less able to pass/catch the ball
4) They had +1 AV
5) They could dodge better than the Human form
6) They had Mighty Blow
7) They had to attack any opponent standing next to them if they were activated.

Result in order = +1 MA, +1 ST, -1 AG, +1 AV, Break Tackle, Mighty Blow, and then a mix between Frenzy and Wild Animal (ie Outrage or the old 4th edition Frenzy skill).

The Dugout Change was Lucien Swift's idea and makes the team VERY easy to handle. In 2nd edition, you could lay the player prone on the pitch to change which as a mechanic just didn't work. The off field change at 5+ works very very well and is still very true to the idea of the change in 2nd edition.

So the werewolf stats and the human form stats are a direct translation from 2nd edition. I like staying true to history. We've used these rules for weres in the MBBL2 and bottom line for me is they work and work well. Also they are simple and don't introduce really any new rules to the game to use the team on the pitch.

If you want to use Frenzy instead of Outrage ... I can live with that. If you want to disallow the apothecary .... well that I would suggest isn't the greatest idea since they can only get Regen on doubles. Chaos and Skaven had access to Regen on doubles in 3rd and still had apothecaries without being broken.

I've got to be honest ... the 7/4/2/8 BT, MB, Frenzy Werewolf with the 6/3/3/7 Human works very well for me. I've playtested it for 2 years now. I like it, I recommend it, and I'm hoping the the really :puke: version of the Werewolf in BB Mag #3 vanishes very very soon.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum... not creative... what a weird idea ;) ! What I especially like in this werewolf team is the way that you should change from human to werewolf (waoooooooooooooooowwwwww)... It reminds me the pain it was when playing with 1st edition (changing humans in werewolves, and then running on the center of the pitch)... This way of playing was a little bit boring, and the current ruels of changing their condition shouldn't have been made better than you made...

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:No Longshot this is more directed at Torg's comment that new teams shouldn't have new rules.

Galak
OK, just to set things straight, I don't object to the creation of new rules, I just said that when new teams are created, they should try to fit into existing rules as much as possible before adding new ones. If you need a new rule to make the team work, fine, as long as it doesn't make it unbalanced or overpowered.

Secondly, I have nothing against your werewolf team. First time I read it, didn't realize it was trying to follow 2ed, but after reading you explaination, I see it now. :oops: So, excooose me! :)

GO STAMPEDERS!
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I've taken a Lyvanthrope team using the MBBL rules in Kyms new league and they are good fun, if somewhat frustrating. the first game with them was against a Khemri team with 4 Mummies and 1 Mummy ally ( From Araby, i guess ). i won 1-0, and we only had about 8 players left standing at the end of the game.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

He gone!!!!

Do you think I scared him away? I was only playing!

Come back BBJ. :(

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

McDeth,

The MBBL2 is moving to lineman only ally rules ... so that extra Mummy is not long for this world ... :D

Galak