Results of two friendly games between mrin and lawquoter

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Results of two friendly games between mrin and lawquoter

Post by mrinprophet »

I'm not sure exactly where to post this but here goes.
Lawquoter (Joe) drove home from KC to St. Louis on Friday so we decided to meet at my house for a friendly tabletop game. It was great because we were starting to see BB players as blue and red squares (MBBL2). Anyway, Joe went with his orc team and I decided to give a high elf team a ride (TR100). It was my first time ever playing elves. For the first game, my high elves received. I took two turns to score on a run, pass, run, handoff, run, score play. I forgot how nice AG4 across the board is. With 14 turns left in the game, I didn't touch the ball once as Joe caged it up very nicely. Neither one of us were having any lucky breaking armor until the 2nd half when Joe sent off 4 high elves. He scored on his turn 8 to send it into OT. He won the toss, and received. I decided to make a mad dash for the ball to no avail. I was now down to 6 guys and he would eventually going to score. Because we would have time to play another game, I conceded, losing a 2-1. Masterful work by Joe.
The other game went my way from the start. My high elves broke armor on the first couple blocks and BH 2 players, and I later took out his thrower. The rolls went my way and I won 3-0.
Thanks for the games Joe!

Reason: ''
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I had a great time. I don't get on the table very often, and it was a good time seeing what somebody else's collection, and what he's up to. The first game went pretty well--although I was a bit concerned once I was down 1-0 after just 2 turns. I do what I like to do best, and that's play ball control. Unfortunately, that didn't work in the second game, when I dropped 6 players, 3 to injury, 3 to exhaustion. Those elves are even quicker when they outnumber you 2-1. It was a blast. Hopefully we'll get another chance down the line. I envy those of you who get on the table often. Thank god for PBEM!

Reason: ''