Mono race league

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Mono race league

Post by Trambi »

I mean a league with only ,for example, dark elf teams.
What do you think about this ?
Do you think it could be a good to discover the various possible tactics of a team ?

Reason: ''
Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

Well, there are, if my mind serves me well, rules for Skaven Clan leagues, in which every team is from a different skaven clan (redundantly) ..

You can, of course, get to play a league with all-DElven teams, and thus show your skills against equally armed players ... but that seems a little void .. i would say ..
:zzz:

regards

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

i think the best way to do something like this would be to take the approach that the clan leagues did.... sure, it's one race, but there's flavor and variety within it...

...which reminds me, i've got something on the world's edge superleague i never did share with you guys... i'll start another topic on that...

iron chef kosher
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I mean a league with only ,for example, dark elf teams. What do you think about this? Do you think it could be a good to discover the various possible tactics of a team?

Not really. In an all-DElf league, for example, the tactics will revolve around stopping...other DElf teams. And nothing else. Dauntless? Don't need it. Guard? Could be useful, sure. Tackle and Pass Block will be key. But that won't help a typical DElf coach when he leaves the league and takes on a Dwarf team.

If you want to limit teams, try limiting them to one book or the other. So a "Handbook League" might allow only the following races:

* Orc
* Skaven
* Dark Elf
* Human
* Dwarf
* High Elf

You could run a "Lustrian League" with certain teams in it, too:

* Dwarf
* Amazon
* Norse (from Skeggi)
* Lizardman

Add your own Vampire rules if you'd like.

Or how about an "Underleague"?

* Skaven
* Dwarf
* Goblin

That could be fun. In fact, that's the most important thing...have fun!

-Chet

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

I hope we will have fun ! :x

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i think there will be diffenrent kind of play.

Remenber that in a Dwarf League, the pass play was the key...
which tactic will be the key here? will see.
it could be helpfull, fun ,and we should learn a lot about DE in this little tournament. i hope

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I have always like the Human Pub League rules, I still want to give that a shot one of these days!

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Heh! Only played a few games, and the Pub team got put on the back burner.
Did start building some figs though (based on the Empire Militia boxset and a Mordheim 'Hairy Head' sprue). So far I've got a guy bending over throwing up (with green stuff vomit!), one fat bloke (with a Gorkamorka Ork torso) smoking a cigar, one staggering backwards singing and a coupla others. They'll are all either carrying tankards or have one strapped to their belts.
Gonna make great fan figs in the stand when they're not playing. Must get back to them.
Maybe I should do one for the painting competition lark instead of the 2e Skaven Thrower (Underworld Creepers colours) that I was thinking of..!!
Or even start a poll, what should DW enter in the comp..... :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

How about doing some undead :wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Do you think it could be a good to discover the various possible tactics of a team

No, I think it could be good to discover one possible tactic: How to play Dark Elves vs Dark Elves. There would be no depth to the rosters or the gameplay and it would rapidly come down to who rolled the most stat increases.

Having said that I do like running limited leagues. I used to run a league ages ago that only allowed teams with throwers on the roster. I had another league that banned any teams with AG4 players.

I've also played in a College league that rolled random skills for players at the start of the season.

Clan bowl rules are also look like fun for developing a flavour to a league without keeping it one dimensional.

Limited options are usually more interesting than unlimited ones (cf: my general hatred of allies and fluff rules) but I think you're limiting flexibility a little too far with a one race only league.

Marcus

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

After two matchs, I am only sure of one thing : Dark elf team can be used to play running or passing games, good and bad games. I'm pretty happy to organize this mini-tournament ... :)