Two- square end zones?????

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Was just curious, but why did they switch from the 2 square end zone to the single square endzone????
I haven't compared baords- YES, I know the squares are bigger on the new board. Are there the same number of squares on both boards? Did they make the playing field longer by two squares when they eliminated the second endzone square?

I liked having the extra endzone square, it gave your reciever some room to seperate from a defender.

Anyone know the answer?!?!?!?!

Reason: ''
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

still a total of 26 squares long and 15 squares wide, so, you can still play a moderately similar game on the astrogranite if you only count the last row as endzone... (we used to explain the longer passing range for games played on the old boards by saying they were "in the dome" but who was on what board tended to be randomized when we had to spill over, so it couldn't be purposefully exploited...

i think the change was just a result of their decision to make all players 1 square, you no longer needed the full endzone space for the big guys to score a td in... i fyou go back and look at 1e, it too had a single row for the endzone (same number of squares or not? i forgot)... the common denomenator when looking at 1e and 3e vs. 2e is the use of the 4-square base for big guys... i just figured the extra end zone was a result of that...

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I've never heard of 2 square endzones... I'd wait untill receiving the 2nd ed. BB I bought on ebay...
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

2square end zone in 2nd ED, that is sure!

i loved that, u could stay a while in the end zone ,with less danger, waiting for this damn pass that never comes...

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

i loved that, u could stay a while in the end zone ,with less danger, waiting for this damn pass that never comes...
:lol: I though that sure there was something that will make this 2 square end zone good... :lol: helps to avoid blocks that move your catcher into the crowd :lol:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

of course, and field was much smaller but the pass distance were the same , so you could get a really, really long bomb from your side field, pass play was strong but fight one was different too and there was much more killed with those trap :smile:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

mmmmmm I want to receive the game! I enjoyed so much reading 1st ed. rules, so 2nd ed. should be nice too.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

a lot of fun to come
:razz:

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Anca: on the other hand, a pitch has always an end zone where your catcher could be blocked :wink:

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I prefer the new board. It adds a certain risk for the cherry-pickers :smile:

-Chet

P.S. For those not "in the know," a "cherry picker" is someone who hangs around the other team's goal, waiting for an opportunity to score a cheap goal without doing any real work. Hockey talent Jaromir Jagr comes to mind.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

oh come on chet, cherry picking is the least of jagr's shortcomings....

besides, cherry picking in bb these days tends to be followed very shortly by a trip to the stands... in 2e, it was the only way to ever actually score a point.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Cherry Pickers on my field usually end up with an Orcidas tread mark on the back of their head.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

A "cherry picker"... what a fun... In soccer, we call it "renard des surfaces" (can't translate it)..."goal zone fox", maybe ?

What I like in 2nd edition is the pitch... The surface was less spoiled by the time (I knocked down sooooo many players -sadly, the most part was mine :wink:- on this pitch the paper of the board is a little bit spoiled...

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

i think the best indicator of the effectiveness of cherry picking in blood bowl is the simple fact that i've never heard anyone propose an offsides rule...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

On 2002-04-03 15:46, DaFrenchCoach wrote:
A "cherry picker"... what a fun... In soccer, we call it "renard des surfaces" (can't translate it)..."goal zone fox", maybe ?
In English the term we use is 'goal-hanger', favoured position of thousands of kids throughout the country in scratch games without offside rules! :grin: