FAQ Introduced changes Nov 21

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

FAQ Introduced changes Nov 21

Post by Mystic Force »

So GW new FAQ is out and there are significant things that have been included, notably they have re-costed two of the "problematic" stars, nerfed the effectiveness of swarming for underworld and changed the Tier list. Not sure how many people were using the GW list for setting tiers (I did when the rules were fairly newly released and it seemed like the easiest way to go having nothing else to go on) but tournament results are clearly feeding back here.

Other notables you can't use MB for a both down result if that player is themselves knocked down. And without checking the original text in Deathzone looks like they have limited stat changes for build your own mercenary players.

It is clear that GW will do rebalancing by FAQ at this time.

Reason: ''
I am a pro "fun" guy.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: FAQ Introduced changes Nov 21

Post by spubbbba »

Mystic Force wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 pm but tournament results are clearly feeding back here.
Are they really using tournaments to work out balancing issues?

I'd have thought that could cause problems since there are some pretty large differences between them and league play. Most notably that tournaments are usually pretty low TV that allow you to add some skills to players you choose and are resurrection.

I'm really surprised that Orcs shifted down to tier 2. They have always struck me as solidly tier 1 at all TV ranges. Big Un's gaining +1MA for the addition on animosity is about even and the passing nerf doesn't harm them too much.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Re: FAQ Introduced changes Nov 21

Post by EastCoast »

spubbbba wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:30 pm
Mystic Force wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 pm but tournament results are clearly feeding back here.
Are they really using tournaments to work out balancing issues?

I'd have thought that could cause problems since there are some pretty large differences between them and league play. Most notably that tournaments are usually pretty low TV that allow you to add some skills to players you choose and are resurrection.

I'm really surprised that Orcs shifted down to tier 2. They have always struck me as solidly tier 1 at all TV ranges. Big Un's gaining +1MA for the addition on animosity is about even and the passing nerf doesn't harm them too much.
I think they are using the tournaments, trying to focus on both. The redraft by it's nature keeps anything from getting too crazy. The changes were pretty mild, but should help alleviate the largest complaints.

Hackflem and Morg both received modest increases (I think it was 70K between them). The tiers really don't impact league play those are more for skill selection purposes for tourneys. I really like the bombardier changes. The nerf to HMP was brutal, but they got some nice improvements this FAQ.