Spike 13 gives hints at approach to Slaanesh and Tzeentch teams?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Spike 13 gives hints at approach to Slaanesh and Tzeentch teams?

Post by Skitters »

So in Spike 13 there are several references to the other Chaos Gods. First there is an article on running a chaos league where the different Gods reward certain behaviour, and then there is a Lord Borak response to a fan asking which God to dedicate himself to. There is also a reference to a rivalry between a khorne and slaanesh team.

Slaanesh rewards for scoring a touchdown and Slaanesh teams are referenced a couple of times as being fast and agile.
Tzeentch rewards throwing plays and they are known for making outrageous plays.

So could this be seen as an indication that a future slaanesh team will perhaps have sure feet/sprint....and/or perhaps Dark Elves rather than ST4 warriors?

As for Tzeentch, it seems likely that there will be a thrower positional and therefore a catcher of some sort. But maybe they will have a throw team mate option as well?

Obviously all speculation that the two teams will be released....but it kind of feels as if the groundwork has been done.

Reason: ''
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Spike 13 gives hints at approach to Slaanesh and Tzeentch teams?

Post by Mystic Force »

The fluff and rules parts of previous Spikes! have given clues to what was planned, so I think this is a good indicator of what is coming down the pipeline. So far we have had a theme skill plus 4xST4 and a beastman type, so wonder if we get more of the same, or something a bit different with 4xAG4 types instead (or whatever the 2+ equivalent is) Actually what about a AG2+ PA2+ player, not seen that outside an Elf thrower that still doesnt get picked, with some suitable interesting skills hmm....

Probably will still be 4xST4 plus other stuff template

I am a pro "fun" guy.
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Tzeentch
4 x STR 4 FA
Horrors (line) FA defender
2 special Horrors passing

Slaanesh
fancy pants SLAAN stuff

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

I don't know if they'd go for AG2+ on Slaanesh; might be a bit too much of a departure from the norm.

My immediate thought with Slaanesh was that they would have +1MV -1AV. Having MV6 ST4 players and MV7 ball carriers on its own is a pretty big deal.

Not sure what their thematic skill would be. Hypnotic Gaze is perhaps too strong on reliable players, disturbing presence (sorporific musk?) and foul (beguiling?) appearance are already Nurgle. Claw is one I think of as a demons skill, but they did just release those Slaangors with claws.

Maybe Thick Skull? I think in old 40k lore Slaanesh Cultists wouldn't wear armour so they could feel the pain, but had become inured to it over time. Kind of fits but doesn't quite feel right.

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

cant argue there but they may have a 0-2 fast mover Fiends with claws and horns and prehensile tail
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAG
linemen might give them all claws and low armor
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAN

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

I would like a special mutation on Slaanesh teams, which would allow to force opponents to follow when they block (opposite of Fend skill).

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

The thing I most expect from a Tzeentch team is a heavy emphasis on Extra Arms.

Base it on the Simyan team roster (not just a 1:1 copy). You can have blockers and a big guy- but the extra arms are the most important thing.

The other way to go is to base them on the Slann team- all of that jumping and bouncing around does seem to suit Tzeentch pretty well.

For Slaanesh it isn't nearly so clear. I would love to see a new fast team- something from chaos that is decidedly non-bash.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

odinsgrandson wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:05 pm The thing I most expect from a Tzeentch team is a heavy emphasis on Extra Arms.
For Slaanesh it isn't nearly so clear. I would love to see a new fast team- something from chaos that is decidedly non-bash.
Maybe Slann should just become Slaanesh with a few tweaks so they can claim it is not copied from the old roster.

Some kind of Simyan/Slann hybrid for Tzeentch would be nice. You would have two different linemen positions. One with arms and one with leap.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

If they make the Slann into Slaanesh then they don't really need to include anything Slanni in the Tzeentch roster.

I do kind of think that they're going to make a Tzeentch roster from the Simyans. It already almost looks like a chaos roster since you've got a big guy and four Str 4 chaos warrior types in the gorillas.

They'll probably do something to the chimp to make it more Tzangorish, and probably tweak the big guy for no real reason. They'd have a Changespawn.

If they were going to update the Slann into Slannesh, I'd expect them to add a thrower and tweak the big guy so that he's not very kroxigor anymore. But they might end up throwing in a bunch of St 4 blockers and finish with a roster that doesn't look much like the Slann.

One of the downsides to all of this is that those are two opportunities to expand the "Lustrian Superleague" lineup of star players and inducements. The current offerings for Lizardmen and Amazon stars is really emaciated.