MB, Claw, Piling On Killstack

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

MB, Claw, Piling On Killstack

Post by EastCoast »

We've now been 5 years since the killstack was removed from standard gameplay. Lower TVs via seasonal reset, retirement options, and a more brutal injury table have seemingly taken care of culling players. I happened to stumble upon a massive thread the other day on it (I think the old Cyanide forums had one that went for close to 200 pages). It was obviously a serious point of contention, but since it was tossed in the bin in BB2016 I have not missed it.

What's the consensus in your leagues? Are there players that still pine for the days of murderizing their opponents with the killstack? Do you feel the warnings of the old timers is true, that "all the blood would be removed from Blood Bowl"?

Reason: ''
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MB, Claw, Piling On Killstack

Post by Lyracian »

Never really seemed an issue at our Table Top league. Not many teams got past 20 games anyway. My three season team played 35 games including two sets of playoffs which I think was one of the most played games. Both Ogre teams in the League had a couple of Pile On players but other than it did not see much use. Across 7 seasons I do not think we had a single CPOMB player. My Chaos team did not because I agreed not to when the league started but no one else seemed to do it either over the five years they had the option (we carried on playing LRB during 2016 era).

Not sure why you think the injury table is more brutal? I guess it depends what you are comparing it too. One of my friends stopped playing because we no longer have 12 = dead as the injury table.

BB2 Meta was fairly terrible but I did not play a lot of it. FUMBBL got rid of piling on quite quickly and that certainly seemed a better place to play online for me. Local league is a nice reason to get out the house and use my painted toy soldiers but perhaps not the environment where the Kill stack is going to be a problem.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MB, Claw, Piling On Killstack

Post by EastCoast »

I think it's more brutal because you are much more likely to get a stat decrease or MNG on the new injury table.