Kreek ‘The Verminator’ Rustgouger

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Kreek ‘The Verminator’ Rustgouger

Post by EastCoast »

Kreek Rustgouger Article

This is a really intriguing Star Player. Looking at the BB2016 stats:
MA 5 ST 7 AG 2 AV 9
Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Ball & Chain, Loner, No Hands, Secret Weapon

He's a nice alternative to Fezglitch but a bit pricey. According to this article Kreek's price is being bumped up to 170K, but his special ability is pretty amazing.

So you get a MA 5 Ball and Chain with Prehensile tail, Mighty Blow, and a built in bribe... he's so expensive... but he's kind of a bargain... but he's so expensive... One of the common strats to Ball & Chain is to throw the two dice uphill and KO them automatically. Fezglitch always had the Foul Appearance defense built in. But with Kreek if you do manage to two dice uphill him, he can still potentially come back on the pitch after KO, and if you fail that 2D uphill... he smacks back with mighty blow.

170K is an awful lot for a random-ish movement player and I'm torn on whether or not it really is too much. I think in the right match up he may be worth taking. I'm not sure you could make him any cheaper without breaking him, but he's in a bit of an awkward area in terms of his price.

What do you all think, is it just too much for a Ball & Chain?

Reason: ''
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Kreek ‘The Verminator’ Rustgouger

Post by Lyracian »

EastCoast wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:32 pm But with Kreek if you do manage to two dice uphill him, he can still potentially come back on the pitch after KO, and if you fail that 2D uphill... he smacks back with mighty blow.
He is not hitting you with Mighty Blow when you fall over hitting him under these rules as you can only use it on your actions.
EastCoast wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:32 pm What do you all think, is it just too much for a Ball & Chain?

The built in bribe is interesting; it still seems a lot.
Think I will get the model anyway and see what happens during the league.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Lyracian wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm He is not hitting you with Mighty Blow when you fall over hitting him under these rules as you can only use it on your actions.
OMG, you're right! We've been playing it wrong.

Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

Big fan of the model, and he's a damn good B&C. That special rule feels mental; if you're not a team that can easily knock him down the usual tactic would be score early to get him sent off... but you'd be playing into the Skaven/Underworld's hands if you do that since they can 2-turn easily, and it doesn't even get rid of him.

I guess the counterpoint is that everyone would take Hakflem first over him, but that's a problem with Hakflem more than this guy

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Jayward wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:17 am I guess the counterpoint is that everyone would take Hakflem first over him, but that's a problem with Hakflem more than this guy
As good as Hakflem is there are going to be occasions where teams are not really wanting an extra agility player. Hakflem is great for winning games but perhaps not quite so good when you want to focus on your own team development especially if you already have a couple of agility players.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Really like this model, Forgeworld have been coming out with some great sculpts of late.

We saw Kreek in the BB3 advert along with Kiroth and Withergrasp, I wonder if those 2 will be getting models in the future too?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.