The Question - Where do you go for BB content online?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Where do you go online for Bloodbowl Content/Information?

Facebook
15%
TFF (I am here aren't I?)
35%
BB specific websites
6%
Podcasts
5%
GW website/Warhammer TV etc.
14%
Discord
3%
YouTube, Twitch and other video streaming services
9%
Other (if you feel like you can elaborate below)
9%
Why have you started doing this again exactly?
3%
I choose to remain Ignorant
2%

Total votes: 66

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: The Question - Where do you go for BB content online?

Post by Papa Sebco »

When I started to read TFF forum (which was TBB), it was mainly for its
-rules subforum (it was BBRC days and I knew Galak and other guys involved in rules writing answered to rules questions on TBB)
-its BB miniatures subforum.

I never really read tournaments subforum as I'm french and we have a french forum for french tourneys (and I look at NAF website for international tourneys).

I prefer forums over FaceBook and other social networks to collect BB infos as it's easier (at least for me) to find infos which have been published more than 1 week ago on a forum. On BB FaceBook groups, there's more "life" but, in my opinion, it's hard to keep track of old things (and last month things seem to be very old on that kind of support).

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I hate Facebook for gaming news - you read 10-20 people all posting the same "exclusive news", once you've seen a post you can't always find it (even with the "save post" function - even my own posts), and Facebook, in it's infinite wisdom, decides to show crap from groups I have no interest in rather than those I have joined (and that's not just BB, I get it from many groups).
And in a lot of groups the moderators are awful.

Twitter is even worse to follow.

Don't follow podcasts or gaming videos (unboxing, batreps) etc as I just can't get on with them.

I prefer forums and good, old-fashioned news websites (which, admittedly, leaves me in the dark a lot of the time :lol: ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

I'm far too long in the tooth to abandon TFF/TBB but the slow down in traffic makes me generally browse the Blood Bowl subreddit which is relatievly active https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

My lord, after this week on the Facebook BBC I'm ready to telephone GW and beg them to resurrect a paper magazine of some kind. So difficult to sort through to find anyone willing to have a reasonable exchange.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Wifflebat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:36 pm My lord, after this week on the Facebook BBC I'm ready to telephone GW and beg them to resurrect a paper magazine of some kind. So difficult to sort through to find anyone willing to have a reasonable exchange.
Discord is about the only place for a reasonable exchange. Possible in game chat on FUMBBL too.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

I watch the bonehead podcast on youtube for most of my BB tabletop content. If Ash is doing 7s or something on Guerilla Miniatures (which he does about once a year or so) I watch.

For digital I watch CKnoor's CCL play on Twitch/Youtube. He's a bit dull, but he does a great job communicating about what he is doing and why. I learn a lot from him. Jimmy Fantastic is a good player, but my word is he insufferable. Can't watch him for more than a few minutes. Andy Davo is ok to watch, he's damn good, but his commentary is pretty "meh".

I am still pretty excited about BB2020 but there's really no one to talk to here about it. It will just turn into a bunch of the old guard flaming anything new and pooping all over everything. Been there, done that.

There's a bunch of names over on reddit that I recognize, so I think a few of them are over there. Joemanji is a mod.

It's peculiar. Blood Bowl's user driven community during the period of neglect from GW has left a significant portion of the community in a state of bitterness and cynicism. Perhaps they are still holding out hope that this is the year GW will acknowledge their contribution to keeping the game alive during those years. I truly hope they aren't holding their breath waiting.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

EastCoast wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 pm
I am still pretty excited about BB2020 but there's really no one to talk to here about it. It will just turn into a bunch of the old guard flaming anything new and pooping all over everything. Been there, done that.
It's been a year and I've not seen that yet.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

lunchmoney wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am It's been a year and I've not seen that yet.
Shall we put it to the test...
https://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/vie ... 20&t=46484

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

lunchmoney wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am
EastCoast wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 pm
It's been a year and I've not seen that yet.
What part? The pooping or that there's no one to talk to about it? Lunchmoney, dude, seriously. There are more subforums here than there are threads created in general chat in 2021.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

EastCoast wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:31 pmThere are more subforums here than there are threads created in general chat in 2021.
And that's after I tidied up a bit by merging a bunch. Any suggestions to further shrink?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Yeah, I got a bit ranty in the "Why is this place so quiet" up in suggestions. :P

But from that rant:
EastCoast wrote:"But so much of this place is still devoted to LRB ancient history. Lunchmoney apparently compressed the subforums already, but it's not enough. Scrap 'em. Archive or shitcan everything prior to 2016 (It's been 5 years ffs). Autolock threads that haven't had any engagement in the last year. Move everything back to General. You could create a tournament section, but literally nothing else is driving enough active traffic to necessitate it's own subforum."
One of the nicer things about reddit is if I want to talk about painting, I can post right there in the main forum. Or if I want to ask what skills to give a level 3 wraith with doubles. There's no reason to drive all that traffic to different areas. Keep the focus and the eyes here. When traffic was heavy probably a lot of that separation here was necessary. Doesn't seem like a problem anymore.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

EastCoast wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:34 pm One of the nicer things about reddit is if I want to talk about painting, I can post right there in the main forum. Or if I want to ask what skills to give a level 3 wraith with doubles. There's no reason to drive all that traffic to different areas. Keep the focus and the eyes here. When traffic was heavy probably a lot of that separation here was necessary. Doesn't seem like a problem anymore.
I would agree with that. We have General, Rules Questions and Tournaments. Think that covers everything at the moment!

Now the real question is what did that Wraith take at Level 1 and 2? :D

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Lyracian wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:40 pm Now the real question is what did that Wraith take at Level 1 and 2? :D
Lol. Actually, I think you should correct me and say, "No such things as doubles, only random or chosen secondary skills". But yeah, let's say this is my Guard, Mighty Blow Wraith. :P

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

EastCoast wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:16 pm Lol. Actually, I think you should correct me and say, "No such things as doubles, only random or chosen secondary skills".
To me that is the sort of petty talk that turns people away from a discussion. Old guard will adjust to new terms over time where as pointing out those errors will just be annoying.
EastCoast wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:16 pm But yeah, let's say this is my Guard, Mighty Blow Wraith. :P
Given Wraith's only get Agility as a Secondry/Double I would pick Dodge since you should already have 4 Blodge players. The only other suggestion would be Diving Tackle as they are already an annoying player. I would be more likely to just take Tackle and keep the TV lower.

Agility for Wraiths is quite interesting if you thinking about an end of season Random pick. "No Hands" means there are three skills they cannot get and they already have Side Step. On the remaining Leap and Sneaky Git are the only two I do not see having some value. That means 3 out of 4 times there is a skill I see adding value to the Wraith.

Dodge; Diving Tackle; Jump Up; Defensive; Sure Feet - These all seem worth 20k
Sprint - Movement is good but conditional movement on a player that cannot pick up the ball may be limited.
Sneaky Git; Leap - Kind of Suck on a Wraith and they would not get rehired.