Your 2021 BB Goals!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Your 2021 BB Goals!

Post by nonumber »

What is your aim for 2021?!

Through 2020 I went through a major upturn in ability, I got coaching sessions and practiced a hell of a lot on BB2 (Covid-19 lockdowns gave a bit more time for that!)

I won my first NAF registered tournament after a decade of trying. So, my aims for 2021 are just to keep on this upward curve.

1 - win another NAF tournament

2 - Finish the Necromantic team I've just started (unless I'm just smashing contrast paint on something it's rare a project actually gets finished)

3 - Actually attempt to win the NAF Championships; I've never actually attended the NAF Championships with the express aim to win the whole thing, I've usually just rocked up with something killtronic to go for the Most CAS award or a joke team to just have a laugh on the beers all weekend. This year I will actually attempt to win. Though I don't expect to of course!

Reason: ''
"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Your 2021 BB Goals!

Post by Lyracian »

1. Get the rest of my second and third Ed teams painted.

2. Play more games on FUMBBL to improve my skills

3. Get a Fifth Ed Death Roller

4. Win the local league again.

5. Learn the new rules and how that changes things.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I think a local league is going to start up. So play in that, without using a power team and to give the rookies an edge.

Play tourneys, if they happen.

I'm not buying teams, so nothing to paint. Which is good as I dont enjoy painting.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

Well my 2020 plan was to attend 6 tournaments, including at least 2x 2-dayers. COVID put paid to that, but I think I'll carry it over to 2021.

Play a tournament with Black Orcs and Khemri, the two races I'm most interested in at the moment. Potential bonus round of Underworld, as I think they're fun.

Successfully score a TTM touchdown. Never seems to work.

Also have a troll eat a Goblin. Still never seen it happen.

Have all 10 of my teams painted by the end of the year! Current count; 4. Given how quickly I paint, 'eat the moon' is probably a more realistic goal.

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

My Plans are....

Find a place in my house I can set up a Permanent painting station

Paint up more than 1 team

Attend a few tournaments

Host my tournament that got postponed due to the "problem" (Trophies will all say 2020, but I am not spending more money on them!)

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

... Finish my lizardmen pitch
... Play with my Lizardmen on my Lizardmen pitch
... Organise a BB7s tournament (and finally win that thing!)
... Finish my Vampire Orc conversion (and hope for a vampire Spike! with playable rules)

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I have made a lot of progress with goals from last year, but there are some new ones to add with the 2nd season.
  • 1. Buy of convert the last 6 stars from the BB2016 rules.
  • 2. If GW don't come out with a new plastic Vampire team (or if it looks rubbish make my own) paint them and Crazy Igor up to finish all crp teams/stars.
  • 3. Paint one of the new teams that's been added to the game recently.
  • 4. Maybe play a game, it's been 4 years since I last played online and even longer in tabletop. The new rules are a great opportunity to get back into playing.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

I’d like to...

- Expand Coffee Cup to allow more people to sign up, but also not dilute the player base and experience too much.

- Find a way to work the Foul Bowl ruleset to encourage a more varied meta.

- Attend EuroBowl (thinking there might be drops, given the circumstances).

- Place top three at a tournament.

- Expand the scene locally, recruiting new or returning players through tournaments and SAWBBL (our local league).

- Get my head around the new rules!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

On my list...

1. Grow the Two Guys One Dice Cup Podcast listenership

2. Get to a tournament as soon as the risk drops sufficiently to allow it

3. Paint a couple of teams from my part painted “pile” (I have Dwarves, Wood Elves and Chaos Renegades to do).

4. Paint both the new teams from the BB2020 box (I’m going to paint the Greebo Orcs though)

5. Successfully hand over the ABBC League Commissioner role to someone else as we transition back to playing in person

James_
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James_ »

Just get back to playing an BB TT, really miss it... ohh and clear my little pile of shame.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

Actually play a game... Managed to squeeze just one tournie in last year before the plague descended, so hopefully can improve on that this year.

Paint the 4 new teams; Blorcs, Nobs, Snots and OWA.

Paint my TFF legacy team model.

Break the 50% win barrier in a tournie..?

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Wyzard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wyzard »

1. Actually play an in person game again.
2. If able to achieve goal #1 keep working on the effort to finish off the 24. Next tourney team up - vamps.
3. Spend some time reading the new rule book.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Salvor Hardin, First Mayor of Terminus

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Paint a team, hit 3 tourneys with 3 different team types, TO the Beantown Brouhaha, get my league running again.

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
lyetownmax
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lyetownmax »

Take part in my first tournament, the Clash Cup in Milan on September 5. Anything but three defeats would be a nice bonus and I'd like to get two or three more in this year, including at least one two-dayer.

Assemble and paint nurgle team the Dark Forest Discharge (think of the merchandise!) as my non-tier 1 squad.

Go into my final Zenabowl league fixture in October with at least a mathematical chance of a top-two, play-off berth.

Have saurus Vinnie sent off in a competitive fixture.

Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

Jayward wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 pm Well my 2020 plan was to attend 6 tournaments, including at least 2x 2-dayers. COVID put paid to that, but I think I'll carry it over to 2021.

Play a tournament with Black Orcs and Khemri, the two races I'm most interested in at the moment. Potential bonus round of Underworld, as I think they're fun.

Successfully score a TTM touchdown. Never seems to work.

Also have a troll eat a Goblin. Still never seen it happen.

Have all 10 of my teams painted by the end of the year! Current count; 4. Given how quickly I paint, 'eat the moon' is probably a more realistic goal.
I managed 5 Tournaments with 2x 2-dayers. Had to pull out of one last minute so I got pretty close!

Didn't manage Black Orcs or Khemri; they're the only teams I didn't get around to painting this year! Did manage to sneak an Underworld tournament in though, and I've managed to score a TTM touchdown with them. Still no Troll snacking on a goblin.

Managed to get to 8 out of 10 teams painted, which was far better than I expected.

Going to give myself a B- on the report card

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor