New Edition rumors seem to be true

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New Edition rumors seem to be true

Post by TopsyKretts »

Now that new teams continue with the same pattern as for previous edition, how do you handle new vs old content? For example the new Necromantic introduced new kick-off table, weather table, pitch, wizard, inducements, (in)famous coaching staff, special balls and cup. We would expect to get the same for the remaining teams (Khemri, Vampire, Norse, Amazon, High Elf and Chaos Dwarf). What about the old? Why should Necromantic be the only team to have extra content when we already have tons of stuff for the existing teams?
Content.png
Do you say bad lucky to any team released before Necromantic and wave bye bye to all the extra content?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

Thanks for your table (necromantic horror teams have an in-famous coaching staff thanks to their Spike magazine : professor Fronkelheim).

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Papa Sebco wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:14 pm Thanks for your table (necromantic horror teams have an in-famous coaching staff thanks to their Spike magazine : professor Fronkelheim).
Right, thanks! Fixed now. It was difficult to precisely show which teams have what content because some of the content released for one team can also usable by other teams. For example some of the new Necromantic content will be available for "Sylvanian Spotlight" which includes all the undeads + vampire.

But anyway, what do you do about it? Would you allow Necromantic to enjoy Frank N. Stein, but deny Snotlings fielding Ripper Bolgrot? Or a freshly converted Madcap Miggz, all painted up? Would you allow Necromantic to use their fresh wizard, but deny Snotlings 4 month old Night Goblin Sports Shaman?

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

In leagues, I would say everything is doable and you could mix BB 2016 inducements (which are for instance not covered by BB 2020 rules) and official BB 2020 inducements.

That said, personally, my 2 major ways of playing BB are NAF tourneys and FUMBBL and I suppose I will have to play with only some BB 2020 official inducements and wait for next Spike magazines to play with most BB 2016 inducements which have not been transposed yet.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

We can only wait and see if any of the old content ever will be updated to 2020 edition. The rulebook only transitioned a handful of inducements.

In the meanwhile, Chorfs can hire both White Dwarf and Black Gobbo to play together as team mates?!?

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

TopsyKretts wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:28 pm But anyway, what do you do about it? Would you allow Necromantic to enjoy Frank N. Stein, but deny Snotlings fielding Ripper Bolgrot? Or a freshly converted Madcap Miggz, all painted up? Would you allow Necromantic to use their fresh wizard, but deny Snotlings 4 month old Night Goblin Sports Shaman?
Yes. There is nothing before the BB2020 rules that has been listed as still valid. My view is it is now all for an old edition and not valid. Perhaps GW will give some indication in there next update, in another four months, but otherwise it is all obsolete.

Personally I would only add the 3 Stars and the mad Doctor as inducements from Spike 11 for use in a league. I see no need to add confusing with lots of different Wizards whether they are from Necromantic, Snotling or any other Spike.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Was revisiting some of the many extra rules of the previous edition, and it turns out a lot of the current 'new' and modified rules were actually being tested out as optional rules in the previous edition!
- Can spend any number of team re-rolls per turn (Blitzmania kick-off).
- Brawler skill was a special rule for Ogre Hall of Fame team.
- Limited (random) amount of players for Solid Defence (Thimble Stunty Cup kick-off).
- A random player is Sent-off during kick-off (Thimble Stunty Cup kick-off).
- Limited (random) amount of players can activate during Blitz (Thimble Stunty Cup kick-off).

I'm sure there are many other examples scattered about.
Lyracian wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm Yes. There is nothing before the BB2020 rules that has been listed as still valid. My view is it is now all for an old edition and not valid. Perhaps GW will give some indication in there next update, in another four months, but otherwise it is all obsolete.

Personally I would only add the 3 Stars and the mad Doctor as inducements from Spike 11 for use in a league. I see no need to add confusing with lots of different Wizards whether they are from Necromantic, Snotling or any other Spike.
That is according to the most official status now, yes. But I don't agree with the consequences! Also noticed that Necromantic Spike introduced new special balls, but there are no current rules for how these are implemented (once per match, sent-off if a double is rolled during kick-off, multiple balls etc.). The only rules that describe how special balls are used are from the previous edition...

Personally, I would let anyone use whatever they have if they like it. I don't set limits on what content can or cannot be used by others, as I expect they don't do the same for me. We're already used to having 10 wizards in the previous edition, one more isn't making any difference.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Lyracian wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm Yes. There is nothing before the BB2020 rules that has been listed as still valid. My view is it is now all for an old edition and not valid. Perhaps GW will give some indication in there next update, in another four months, but otherwise it is all obsolete.
A new update, the re-print of the skaven/dwarf subterranean weather/pitch table is almost identical to the original one from 2016/2017. With this example, it should be safe to assume most other weather/pitch tables could also be updated to work almost identical. By that extension, I assume it's safe to use all existing weather/pitch tables as-is until GW updates them (or if they are ever updated to new edition). And if you extend that further, one could easily use virtually any existing bonus content as-is in the new edition (watch out for bonus content referencing removed/modified skills, FAME or other effects that have changed or removed in the new edition).