Underworld change?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Underworld change?

Post by 20phoenix »

I don't think you can compare to hypothetical rosters - the comparison should be between what it is now and what it used to be. You're one blitzer, one thrower down which are replaced with a gutter runner and a lineman so only one S3 player lost. However as outlined above that S3 piece is a blitzer, the hub of what a league UW team is built around. The addition of a gutter runner is a welcome one but the price is too steep in terms of whats been traded away to get that. Immersion wise it seems problematic that the gutter runner has no normal M access either - why is he any different?

Reason: ''
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

9MjO0p0zTL0rg0Bc.jpg
They haven't rewritten the animosity skill either:

Lazy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ct
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

LOL, what like just reusing your old sprues and changing the rules rather than making new sprues?

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Weirdest thing is almost none of the other plastic teams come with a full roster. The Orcs can't manage it even with the booster.

I suppose in one respect this is good for newbies. You won't be stuck with a weak team or be forced to find a way to get the extra positionals.

The new alliance team is going to be a mess with so many roster entries. If they don't include a big guy then flings are largely useless. It's a shame as you could probably create a pretty interesting team with those rosters and without the spruce limitations.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

spubbbba wrote:Weirdest thing is almost none of the other plastic teams come with a full roster. The Orcs can't manage it even with the booster.
I bought two skaven boxes, because it (did) give you all the positionals for a Skaven team and an UW team, and I just needed to source the goblins and troll - that plan doesn't work anymore. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Todosi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Todosi »

These are the rules for the specific named team, like the Reikland Reavers. Much ado about nothing.

nighson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nighson »

Todosi wrote:These are the rules for the specific named team, like the Reikland Reavers. Much ado about nothing.
Given the way the article is phrased, there does seem to be a sliiiiiight chance that the team build is for Underworld Creepers and not Underworld Denizens. Though it does seem unlikely.

Unless people feel like running the old Underworld as the Underworld Denizens team (2 line, 2 throwers, 2 blitzers), and the new as the Underworld Creepers team (3 line, 1 thrower, 1 blitzer, 1 gutter runner). Two highly similar teams, but with key differences. Kinda like the difference between High Elf and Elven Union.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

When the renegades team released initially, all the humans on the teams were represented by a normal Human sprue, though not counting as positionals. That is probably the same case for this team.

0-16 Humans
0-1 Slayer
0-1 Runner
0-1 Dwarf Blitzer
0-2 Halflings

Reminds me of the Mercenaries roster I've sent JTY once, back in Decembre 2017. The idea was similiar, this gives you various playstyle options and as an opponent you have to keep your own roster ore versatile.

Over the years I've found BB to become increasingly boring due to seeing the same stuff over and over again. Making the rosters more versatile or more open for different playstyles is a good thing in my opinion. Though, to be honest....as much as I love BB....the whole game needs a major rule overhaul. This just might be the first step for it.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

DinoTitanedition wrote:....as much as I love BB....the whole game needs a major rule overhaul. This just might be the first step for it.
Hersey... Burn the witch... Honey, where's my pitchfork and burning brand?... Yeah, its Friday... Oh, NOT on a Friday, I see...

I'll be back on Monday to vent spleen and burn those who think the rules are not laid down by the almighty and inviolate. Have a good weekend.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Another thing on the Old World team: aside of the two halflings, it's pretty much what you get in the Blitz Bowl Season 2 Box, half a human team, half a dwarven team. It's also a game with a lot more simplified rules - maybe just another hint to that big step?

And about the weekend - likewise! :D

montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

DinoTitanedition wrote:When the renegades team released initially, all the humans on the teams were represented by a normal Human sprue, though not counting as positionals.
I hope they don't do this, I associate the miniature for a GW Human Thrower as a Thrower, don't want to play games where the same miniature might be something very different...

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

garion wrote: Guess this means the Old World Alliance roster will be -

1 Dwarf Slayer
1 Dwarf Blitzer
1 Dwarf Runner
3 Dwarf Linebeards
1 Human Catcher
1 Human Blitzer
1 Human Thrower
3 Human Linemen
0-16 Flings
1 Ogre
Hmm, wonder if they could end up with a Tree instead of an Ogre? Hadn't even thought about a Big Guy initially. 0-16 Flings seems unlikely, as it's probably just a sprue of Flings thrown in the box.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

faust_33 wrote:
garion wrote: Guess this means the Old World Alliance roster will be -

1 Dwarf Slayer
1 Dwarf Blitzer
1 Dwarf Runner
3 Dwarf Linebeards
1 Human Catcher
1 Human Blitzer
1 Human Thrower
3 Human Linemen
0-16 Flings
1 Ogre
Hmm, wonder if they could end up with a Tree instead of an Ogre? Hadn't even thought about a Big Guy initially. 0-16 Flings seems unlikely, as it's probably just a sprue of Flings thrown in the box.
The decals show 1 Ogre (plastic not included) and 2 Blockers (3 plastic in box). Maybe they want you to buy a box of halflings too, if you don't have enough with the humans & dwarfs as core, and 2 journey halflings to fill holes. :orc:

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

For those not on FB, the Alliance team has animosity on human players and loner on all the others (dwarves, halflings, ogre)

Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Meradanis »

So I guess GW lied to us.
1024-1365.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.