Match Inducements Cards Review (OTT)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

whitehot
Veteran
Veteran

Match Inducements Cards Review (OTT)

Post by whitehot »

My review of the new Match Inducement cards from Games Workshop.

Take a look and let me know your thoughts :)

https://oneturntouchdown.com/2019/07/27 ... ck-review/

Reason: ''

Winner: Bugman's Belter '22
Stunty Cup: TalkNuffle Super Bowl IV - Feb '19, TalkNuffle Borak Bowl - July '19,
Best Silly Hat: Pi**ed Up Terry Testimonial '23
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Match Inducements Cards Review (OTT)

Post by TopsyKretts »

Excellent review! Points out some of the problems with how GW does thing. You never get anything *complete*. So you get a bunch of inducements, but never all inducements.

Anyway, they had some cool ideas and put it in there, so this is something I'll try.

whitehot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by whitehot »

TopsyKretts wrote:Excellent review! Points out some of the problems with how GW does thing. You never get anything *complete*. So you get a bunch of inducements, but never all inducements.

Anyway, they had some cool ideas and put it in there, so this is something I'll try.
Thanks.

I think they are worth picking up. Some very useful cards have been included in the pack.

Stunty Cup: TalkNuffle Super Bowl IV - Feb '19, TalkNuffle Borak Bowl - July '19,
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

I received it today. Instead of a complete deck of inducements, it is a selection. Not included: Bottles of Heady Brew, Cavorting Nurglings, Halfling Hot Pot, Josef Bugman (In) Famous Coaching Staff, Sports Necrotheurge (In) Famous Coaching Staff & Wizard.

They also didn't bother noting down which ones are Wizards and which ones are (In)Famous Coaching staff.

ManticoreRich
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ManticoreRich »

TopsyKretts wrote:They also didn't bother noting down which ones are Wizards and which ones are (In)Famous Coaching staff.
Does that matter? I believe the intention was as an addition to the rule books, so you can have a quick ref on the pitch side. The pack even says you need the books to use the contents of the set.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Yes they're reference material. They don't supersede the original sources, which contain and explain the full rules.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

ManticoreRich wrote:
TopsyKretts wrote:They also didn't bother noting down which ones are Wizards and which ones are (In)Famous Coaching staff.
Does that matter? I believe the intention was as an addition to the rule books, so you can have a quick ref on the pitch side. The pack even says you need the books to use the contents of the set.
My point is it would be useful! Just as having the point cost and team availability is useful, but not strictly necessary. They added a lot of other fluff texts which certainly doesn't matter and have no effect for the game play.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Thank you for that. I was debating about getting these. Knowing there is such a horrible mistake with the Beer Keg, one of the main inducements taken, I think I shall pass.

I do really like the weather card.

whitehot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by whitehot »

Lyracian wrote:Thank you for that. I was debating about getting these. Knowing there is such a horrible mistake with the Beer Keg, one of the main inducements taken, I think I shall pass.

I do really like the weather card.
I am glad you found it useful :)