Stadium rules or Weather rules?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Stadium rules or Weather rules?

Post by TopsyKretts »

We have a large amount of new optional rules in BB2016. I'm trying to wrap my mind around how the new Pitch rules work. The first pitches had weather tables to replace the original. Like the Winter pitch (Winter Weather table), Subterranean Stadium Conditions, Waterlogged Stadium Conditions. But then we got some pitches which have certain certain rules for weather in 2nd half. Chaos pitch will always be Sweltering Heat on the lit side (can be triggered to take effect for the 2nd half). What about first half, roll for weather as normal? Nurgle's Garden has something similar. But what about Corsair pitch? Roll on standard weather table in addition to the pitch rules? Rural Idyllic pitch, apply those rules in addition to weather rules? And Undead Graveyeard Pitch?

There are already existing Stadium rules, can these be combined with for example Winter Pitch? Any Pitch?

Reason: ''
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Stadium rules or Weather rules?

Post by DinoTitanedition »

If I got that right you roll for the first halt on weather table, just as you're used to and apply the rules for the special pitches in the second half, depending on their special ruleset. You don't have the to use the rules for the special pitches though, if you don't want to. You have additional stadium rules in DZ2.

For example, in my wanderleague I don't use any special stadium rules, but if my opponent and I are in the mood to use them, there shouldn't be anyting to stop you. It's basically an addition to make the game more fun and interesting.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Thanks. I'm mainly interested in how they interact or if they interact. What you say about rolling for weather first half makes sense. Problem is, pitch rules come in such a variety where some replace the original weather table completely, while others have special conditions that replace weather only (?) in 2nd half. Some seem to be in the same category as weather rules (winter pitch) while others pitches seem to be in the category of stadiums (halfling).

Could you for example play Nurgle Pitch with additional Stadium rules using winter weather table first half?

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

I doubt that, or at least I think it would cause difficulties when situations occur where there is a rule for a particular result in both weather rulesets. The pitch rules can be considered to be "one set of rules for the pitch, for one particular game". But as they are optional, yo can always talk to your opponent what should be used if you like a multitude of rules. Maybe just pick from one set in the first half, from the other set in the second. Whatever fits the feeling of the game best.