numpty moments

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

numpty moments

Post by Skitters »

So during my game 2 yesterday at the Warhammer Fest tournament, I think I found a new low point of numptiness.

A shambling undead-off (my second of the day), my opponent commented quite early on that the teams looked similar (Red and white stripes vs black and white quaters). Anyhow I'm slightly edging the game at this point by being a little more blessed with injury rolls from Nuffle. I see my Mummy and see that there is a zombie in his TZ. So block dice are rolled with a both down result. Pants. Both players pass their armour rolls.

Anyhow it is about two or three actions into my opponents turn that I realise the zombie lying prone was MY ZOMBIE....to be fair my opponent did offer to revert back but as he had already started his actions that didn't seem fair so I declined (and to be honest it felt like a blood bowl thing to happen). luckily for me I still went on to win the game, but Im wondering whether there are moments of numptiness others would like to share?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: numpty moments

Post by lunchmoney »

Smooth :lol: :wink:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yeah, have blocked my own players at least a couple of times :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I used to play 3 ball games (which are really fun) and a few times balls got dropped and forgotten.

I heard of (one of those things that happened to a mate of a mate) one of the subs bench getting hooked into a woolly jumper and the owner not realising until ...........much later, next day, some time in the distant future.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Once had a game going so badly that I checked the rules to see if you could foul your own players. Sadly you cannot.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

I mean it is canon that a mummy has attempted to take out their own player before. Of course unlike Morg, that zombie probably does not have a large list of teams looking to hire him.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I just did a classic counting error. Will write later...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I once watched someone (pretty sure it was Lycos) build a cage down the pitch, and move the ball carrier in to hand off to the centre of the cage (ball carrier to form one of the corners). He forgot to actually hand off.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

My numpty moment was at the NAF GT a few years back.

It was game 6 and both of us were on 3 wins and 2 draws, so a decent showing and a win would put either of us up in a respectable position in the final standings. I was using Wood Elves and my opponent Undead. The Undead had battled their way to a TD in the first half and I'd failed the OTT, but scored early in the 2nd.

The elves were on defence and I was being pretty aggressive, trying to cut the ghoul ball carrier off from the rest of the team before they could group up. But through some daring actions they managed to get the ball in to relative safety. However with a strip ball and tackle wardancer few places are truly safe and I was able to pop the ball loose a couple of turns later. There was no opportunity to steal the ball as it scattered onto a nearby mummy and he somehow managed to catch it!

All was not lost, the endzone was still a long way away and I had plenty of players including both wardancers as well as a re-roll for another attempt. I focused on slowing the undead down, biding my time for the perfect opportunity to strike. A little later as the undead were getting in scoring range I saw the perfect opportunity that would allow me a 2nd block if the first failed. A few dodges and the blitz was launched resulting in a pow!

I was already working out likely places the ball would end up and if I had the movement to score myself as I reached for the scatter template. It was then that my opponent reminded me that the player I had blocked did not have the ball.

I'd gone after the ghoul who'd originally been carrying the ball rather than the mummy who'd caught the scatter earlier in the game and had been holding it ever since.

My opponent was super nice and even offered to let me retake my turn, but I'd already rolled plenty of dice and it was entirely my fault. The undead went on to score and win. I can only blame stupidity and lack of sleep from having too much fun on the Friday and Saturday evenings.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Boo: http://www.sann0638.co.uk/auld-world-masters-2019/

See also - completely forgetting that norse berserkers have jump up.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

At the NAFC this year my dwarves had just gone 1-0 up against a tough dark elf team towards the end of the first half. Fearing the inevitable 1-turn score attempt which would then no doubt lead to a 2-1 loss, I set up a water-tight defence and laughed to myself as I thought "there's no way he can get a 1 turner against that. My 1-0 half time lead is safe."

It was as my opponent set up that I realised he actually had 2 turns left and my dwarves were hopelessly out of position to prevent the 2-turn score. Which of course happened. And I lost 2-1.

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Dice.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

So happy I'm not the only one to do that!

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Worryingly I also know this is much more visually impressive when you do it to your beer rather than your coffee :lol:

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Well, sometimes your dice simply deserve to drown! :lol: