numpty moments

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: numpty moments

Post by faust_33 »

I didn't know cup shakers come with ambrosia now!

Reason: ''
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Heff wrote:Once had a game going so badly that I checked the rules to see if you could foul your own players. Sadly you cannot.
I gang fouled one of my own players once - genuinely believing it was an opponent. An inevitable trip to the Deadbox followed.......

The best one I’ve seen is a 9 turn stall. The game was 1-1 going into the 2nd half. The Norse player was men down and haemorrhaged more throughout the half as his opponent ground down the pitch with his cage. Turn 8 saw a beautiful cage formed just outside the end zone with just 3 Norse left. Turn 8 for the Norse the player picked up his players, dusted themselves off, and then declared end of turn and offered the customary handshake. At that point realisation dawned and the opponent looked down in horror at his own turn marker showing Turn 8. Game over, man. He’d been so worried about losing the ball he’d over committed to defending the ball and forgot about winning the game. :blue:

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

In my last tournament I set up a nice little chain push double crowd surf, rolled the injury dice for the crowd on the first victim only for my opponent to point out that none of the players involved were actually on the sideline, im blaming the Eurobowl pitch :oops:

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Game 6 of the UKTC I was sat next to Dionysian and Endalos who were playing a dwarf mirror and watched one of them, I think Endalos, blitz their own player.

Stig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stig »

At the NAFC last year I set up an elaborate chain push and rolled the dice, only to have it pointed out to me that I surfed my own player. My oppo offered to take it all back, which was very sporting, but I pressed on!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Stig wrote:At the NAFC last year I set up an elaborate chain push and rolled the dice, only to have it pointed out to me that I surfed my own player. My oppo offered to take it all back, which was very sporting, but I pressed on!
Did you ever watch back your streamed game from NAFC this year? Speaking of chain pushes and surfing...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Stig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stig »

Lol yes I did.. maybe that's where the reluctance came from. I even set up for it as the first block but then forgot what I was doing!

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Not my numpty moment but, at last year’s Coffee Cup game 7 (played at about 2am), I gave Canteloup a good 5+ min sat pondering his move with his head in his hands, before realising he had actually just fallen asleep! :lol:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.