Spike IV

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Spike IV

Post by Mystic Force »

How about we all agree to only use weeping daggers against Dwarves?

Reason: ''
I am a pro "fun" guy.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Mystic Force wrote:How about we all agree to only use weeping daggers against Dwarves?
Plus 3 on the dice roll v Dwarves.

ALL dice rolls.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Heff wrote:
Mystic Force wrote:How about we all agree to only use weeping daggers against Dwarves?
Plus 3 on the dice roll v Dwarves.

ALL dice rolls.
and elves.... :wink:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
necromancer

Post by necromancer »

I cannot se any point in taking the Necrotheurge over the Sports-wizard. Fireball is ok and Zap! is good versus Lizardmen, Skaven and Stunty.

Incorporeal:
Cast at the start of any of your opponent's turns. 150K 3+ and you cannot even cast the spell before your own turn!

Vanhalables Dans Macabre:
Vampire cannot use this spell. Does not sound very powerful.

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

necromancer wrote:I cannot se any point in taking the Necrotheurge over the Sports-wizard. Fireball is ok and Zap! is good versus Lizardmen, Skaven and Stunty.

Incorporeal:
Cast at the start of any of your opponent's turns. 150K 3+ and you cannot even cast the spell before your own turn!

Vanhalables Dans Macabre:
Vampire cannot use this spell. Does not sound very powerful.
Incorpeal cast on a lone ballhandler that have AG4, Accurate and Strong Arm. Feeling confident in the back waiting to pass a long bomb. Then no hands and all other players are on the wrong side and cannot take back the ball. You just go and pick it up, no tacklezones...

Or no hands on that one-turner

Dans Macabre to have your zombies AV9 against punching orcs and dwarfs

Not the best but still something cool to the game.

Maybe Necromantic gets something better.

necromancer

Post by necromancer »

Sports-wizard > Necrotheurge

Zap! turns the player into a frog with no hands. 3+ on a ST3 player. Lasts not only a turn, but a drive. 1-turners tend to have ST2, so that is a 2+. ST4 ballcarrier and we can stat to argue :)

Additionally you get access to the fireball, which is the good ol' fireball.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I think that the necrotheurge is slightly better in one way. If we assume 1 player in scoring range, you can lightning bolt and not break armour, it could get up and score.

If that player has no hands, it has no hands, regardless of armour roll.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

I enjoyed Spike! 4 with the one exception of (I'm with Garion) Throttlesnot is just not very fun and really could have been. SW on him is a deal breaker. I'm all for new and fluffy things, but why make useless things?

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

I like Undead and Necro but haven't really played them even though I have the teams. However, it clearly states that you cannot turn a player who has Stunty into a zombie for your team, so why does Throttlesnot even exist?! That is what erks me about him. With the rule that you can't turn stunties, he's the wrong fit for these teams and a very odd, random includement in my eyes. To me it seems like that because he's a star then it's okay?

He is also a zombie but has ag 3? Why not ag 2 and VLL instead? Yes he would leap on a 4+ not a 3+, but again, he is meant to be a zombie so it's acceptable. I also like the idea that he ironically should have the stakes skill (cos he jumps on opponents with a gnarly, twisted broken pogo stick :D but I guess that's the fluff for him having Stab).

(On a side note, after using Scyla at the Cambridge Doubles tournament recently, I feel he really should be 10-20k more and have Juggernaut skill due to it being fitting for the character of Scyla and often blitzing with him (due to Wild Animal) and rolling a lot of both downs! Or keep as but change Thick Skull to Juggernaut)

And that's my pointless 2p (or cents!)

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

SlannMann wrote:However, it clearly states that you cannot turn a player who has Stunty into a zombie for your team, so why does Throttlesnot even exist?! That is what erks me about him. With the rule that you can't turn stunties, he's the wrong fit for these teams and a very odd, random includement in my eyes. To me it seems like that because he's a star then it's okay?
Morg is an ogre without bonehead, also not possible. It is ok for Star players to be different/special to normal developed players, imho. If you want an in world fluff explanation, you cah head rule that while zombifying a stunty is possible... Why would a coach do it? They are weaker and smaller. Totally useless player.
SlannMann wrote:He is also a zombie but has ag 3? Why not ag 2 and VLL instead? Yes he would leap on a 4+ not a 3+, but again, he is meant to be a zombie so it's acceptable. I also like the idea that he ironically should have the stakes skill (cos he jumps on opponents with a gnarly, twisted broken pogo stick :D but I guess that's the fluff for him having Stab).
He cannot have VLL because the pogo is broken, hence the stab skill. For AG3, again it is a star player. Zombies can be developed to have AG3, so not sure why is that a problem.

Only thing that makes no sense is SW. From a game point of view it makes him really overcosted and kind of useless (iirc his stats). Also, stab never (iirc) gives SW. A pogo is not considered a weapon. Why is he discriminated? Would be nice to know the reasons (both fluff and specially game wise) for the developers to give him SW.

My two cents :-)

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

MacHurto wrote:Also, stab never (iirc) gives SW. A pogo is not considered a weapon. Why is he discriminated? Would be nice to know the reasons (both fluff and specially game wise) for the developers to give him SW.

My two cents :-)
Not true. The quite useless Sinnedbad cane with stab+secret weapon. I think he has a saber instead of a dagger.

Sinnedbad 6 3 2 7 Loner, Block, Jump Up, Pass Block, Regeneration, Secret Weapon, Side Step, Stab

Secret weapons give a star player some discount. The zombie pogoer would probably have been more expensive sans secret weapon. The combination of leap and stab (never mind very long legs) might be to good against AV7 teams. Just house rule him if you disagree. Be sure to add 100000 or so to his cost.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

kyrre wrote: Not true. The quite useless Sinnedbad cane with stab+secret weapon. I think he has a saber instead of a dagger.

Sinnedbad 6 3 2 7 Loner, Block, Jump Up, Pass Block, Regeneration, Secret Weapon, Side Step, Stab
Ok, thanks. I did not remember correctly. Guess the fluff explanation is it cannot be hidden away when the referee comes like a dagger would for both Sunnedbad and this one.
kyrre wrote: Secret weapons give a star player some discount. The zombie pogoer would probably have been more expensive sans secret weapon. The combination of leap and stab (never mind very long legs) might be to good against AV7 teams. Just house rule him if you disagree. Be sure to add 100000 or so to his cost.
Leap on 4+ and stab... How is that too good against AV7 teams? If anything, SW is there to avoid the use of stunty to dodge in takle zones on 3+ and stab. Isn't he 150k+ or something like that? Don't have Spike! in front of me. With SW he should be much cheaper to be worth considering, imho, even if that is the number the formula gives.

I don't need to house rule it. Just curious as to what was the reason for them to think the player was a good addition.

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

I agree with you. It is strange.

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

MacHurto wrote:
kyrre wrote: Not true. The quite useless Sinnedbad cane with stab+secret weapon. I think he has a saber instead of a dagger.

Ok, thanks. I did not remember correctly. Guess the fluff explanation is it cannot be hidden away when the referee comes like a dagger would for both Sunnedbad and this one.
kyrre wrote: Secret weapons give a star player some discount. The zombie pogoer would probably have been more expensive sans secret weapon. The combination of leap and stab (never mind very long legs) might be to good against AV7 teams. Just house rule him if you disagree. Be sure to add 100000 or so to his cost.
Leap on 4+ and stab... How is that too good against AV7 teams? If anything, SW is there to avoid the use of stunty to dodge in takle zones on 3+ and stab. Isn't he 150k+ or something like that? Don't have Spike! in front of me. With SW he should be much cheaper to be worth considering, imho, even if that is the number the formula gives.

I don't need to house rule it. Just curious as to what was the reason for them to think the player was a good addition.
Surely it would be leap on a 3+ with vll? Granted he still seems overpriced.

I like the idea though and I guess some of the stars will end up overpriced. With that many it is tough to get them all right. Better over than under.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Rick rotten bupkiss is the good new starplayer. DP Zombie.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."