Official Rules

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Official Rules

Post by MacHurto »

JT-Y wrote:When you spend on inducements you temporarily increase tv. That has no bearing on redrafting.
Ok, thanks. Thought it was some kind of bank rule again. So are we officially back to petty cash?

Another thing that would be great that you guys have a look at, is the lack of synergy between redrafting and rostering star players. Is it working as intended? I don’t know if the rostered SP idea was already there when the redrafting rules came out.

Reason: ''
Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Indeed. I feel like some clarification might be needed on a fee things in a place other than a Facebook thread. I think possibly loving FAQ on the GW website? Anytime anything is clarified stick it up there (if it seems to be causing some confusion, one person messing up how a dodge works wouldn't go up).

Then also a nice organization of the rules. I think something like basic rules: rosters: basic league rules: and in each section is just a list of references to where you can find stuff. Flicking through the 5? Books with rules in them for the right one is annoying.

Edit: I might try the second if I get a chance but it would be nice to have one in an official location.

Edit take 2: I am being critical here. I am aware that the size of the team will limit what can get done. This is meant to be constructive feedback for what I would like some of the limited time to be spent on in the near future. It is not meant to be insulting a small team for not doing the work of a larger one.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

How we clarify CRP vs BB2016 in the NYBBL House Rules:

-BB2016-
The NYBBL will be using LRB 6.0, also known as the CRP, until further GW rules releases. The two versions are so similar that it was deemed easier to have all rules in one place. You can find all the rules needed by printing the Icepelt version (or CRP, printer friendly) and using this house rules doc. To easily show the differences between CRP and BB2016, the next few sections describe the changes. The major releases to date are BB2016 Core Box (Core), Death Zone Season 1 (DZ1), Teams of Legend (ToL), Death Zone Season 2 (DZ2), May 2017 Errata (Err), Blood Bowl Almanac (BBA), Spike! Magazine 1 (S!1), & Spike! Magazine 2 (S!2). BBA fully contains and supersedes DZ1, ToL, & DZ2.

-Deviations from BB2016-
The following list shows all deviations from BB2016:
1) NYBBL will use CRP rules for Special Play cards or BB2016 Special Play Cards may be induced instead as per the optional rule: Variant “Special Play” Inducement (BBA pg. 103) with Magical Memorabilia cost at 50k. All other BB2016 Special Play Cards rules will not be used.
2) NYBBL will use the Icepelt version for naming purposes for all teams captured within Teams of Legend (BBA pgs. 124-130). See “Roster Comparison CRP to BB2016” for more info.
3) NYBBL will follow the NAF and allow the Bretonnian, Daemons of Khorne, and Slann rosters.
4) D3 MVP, Offseason, and Redrafting will not be used.
5) Piling On is allowed but cannot be taken by a player with the Claw skill and vice versa.

-Additions from BB2016-
The majority of the BB2016 rule set is perfectly fine and will be used by the NYBBL. The following list shows all additions taken from BB2016 and accompanying documentation:
1) All Star Players (BBA pgs. 131-132) (S!1 pg. 5) (S!2 pgs. TBD).
2) All Team Rosters (BBA pgs. 119-130). Functional changes are:
a) Human Team: Catchers reduced to 60k (BBA pg. 121).
b) Skaven Team: Gutter Runners gain the Weeping Dagger skill (BBA pg. 122).
c) Halfling Team: Treemen gain the Timmm-ber! skill (BBA pg. 126).
d) Goblin Team: Added positions ‘Ooligan and Doom Diver (BBA pg. 120).
e) Chaos Renegades Team: Added position Renegade Orc Lineman (BBA pg. 119).
3) Head Coach (BBA pg. 78).
4) (In)Famous Coaching Staff & Wizards (BBA pgs. 78-81), (S!1 pgs. 31-32).
5) Promos: Bugman’s Star Players ,Grak and Crumbleberry, & Josef Bugman (see PDFs).
6) Sponsorships (BBA pgs. 65-67).
7) Stadiums (BBA pgs. 67-73).
8) Variant “Special Play” Inducement (BBA pg. 103).
9) Optional Weather Tables (BBA pgs. 136-137).
10) Expensive Mistakes (BBA pgs. 56-57).

-Optional Rules Not Used-
The following list of optional rules will not be used by the NYBBL:
1) All rules from the White Dwarf magazines that have not been captured in other documentation.
2) Winter Bowl Inducements (i.e. Weather Mage, Interference, & Revitalizing Tonic).
3) Blitzmania I Kickoff Table.
4) All rules from the My Dugout App that have not been captured in other documentation.
5) Rostering Star Players (BBA pgs. 64-65).
6) Famous Referees including Goblin and Halfling Referees (BBA pgs. 74-76).
7) Special Balls (BBA pgs. 82-84).
8) Grombrindal, The White Dwarf and The Black Gobbo promo Star Players.

Cheers!

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Nice! Bookmarked.

gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

@Glamdryn nicely done!

I think that also highlights a lot of the sandbox nature of Blood Bowl rules. There are several places where you have chosen to go with something different then the 'official' rules (either the 'official' BB16 or CRP/LRB 6 version in Piling On's case) and that's perfectly okay.

Looks like a great summary. Stealing the core to modify for my league's rules document.

Gary

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

MacHurto wrote:
JT-Y wrote:When you spend on inducements you temporarily increase tv. That has no bearing on redrafting.
Ok, thanks. Thought it was some kind of bank rule again. So are we officially back to petty cash?
They said we are back to petty cash (which is without doubt a good thing for the rules) on facebook, but the FAQ has not been updated. This one of the main reasons for this thread.

Mystic Force and christy42 understands the issue here.

Glamdryn has posted something along the lines of what needs to be added to the FAQ to make things easier for us to manage. Especially as Cards where put in the wrong section of the original rule book and now petty cash is back.

e.g.
Main rules -
Basic rules - found on pages XX to XX of the Official rules
weather on pages xx
Kick off table on page xx
Advanced rule/Extra rules on pages xx

Optional rules include -
Cards on pages XX to XX of the rules, and pages XX of DZ
4 minute turns
Alternate weather table
stadium rules etc... etc... etc...

Official rosters include-
those from the rules, dz, spike and team of legends found here XXXX

Star players
Chaos and Dark Elf in Spike 1 and 2, etc..

Optional or even non official rosters -
Bret, khrone, slann, my dug out app.....

It's irritating and confusing to groups to say the least that we can't get an up to date rule book online, or have the FAQ up to date with all the bits and pieces that are being changed via facebook. Why bother anouncing that we have reverted to petty cash again, or why change MVP from random to D3 in the rules (when this was optional anyway in CRP) if you just tell us that all rules are optional....
Moraiwe wrote: Bretonnians, Khorne or Slann. Are you really asking GW to make a clarification that essentially says "everything that isn't in the rules is not actually part of the rules"?
These rosters are already used on Cyanide, and NAF tournaments, I have lost count of the amount of times people have said they are official rosters, when you and I know they are not. It would be good if they could be clearly marked out in the existing FAQ as optional or unofficial rosters like the My Dug out app rosters are clearly labelled.

Clear rules just makes the game easier for everyone to follow, and if eveyone is working from the same starting point before you decide what optional rules then it again makes things much better for everyone.

Although I like most of this rule set - the drip fed rules and lack of an up to date FAQ is making thing one of the messiest rule sets since 2nd edition (while it may have been fun, it was unquestionably all over the place). Even in Lrb1 to 1.3 I think things were clearer, and we have the internet now where we could have everything on an app that was kept up to date...

edit: We also had the Almanac, which could have been the full rules up to date with all the fixes mentioned in the FAQ and things mentioned on facebook and other places all in one place. so we had an up to date rule book. Sadly this was a missed opportunity, I would happily give more money to GW if at the end of this year the Alamanac No.2 does exactly that.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

I am actually having a lot of fun pulling all the "drips" of new rules into our league. Most of it is pretty good stuff! Using the CRP as your base, you can really easily just add or replace where you see a change "drip" in. As per the Petty Cash subject, CRP baby! I think our league is going to consider some changes here to promote more inducement usage.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Garion, GW don't mention any other house-rule races (warbands, gangs, factions etc etc etc) for any of their other games, why should they for Blood Bowl?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion

Post by garion »

Darkson wrote:Garion, GW don't mention any other house-rule races (warbands, gangs, factions etc etc etc) for any of their other games, why should they for Blood Bowl?
are you talking about the part above where I ask for clarity on Brets and khorne? If so, yeah thats fair, but equally if we have a list of races that are official, that would suffice.

This happened with the Undead pirates army in warhammer remember, there was a brief team in which they were allowed at official tournaments, a rule set later they were not as they were not listed as an army any more, basically the people that were using them were told to use the models as stand ins, eg. syreens would now use banshee rules and so on.....

But lets not get bogged down in one of the least important things in what I am seeking written clarification on.

I've had very little time this week, but I have got the contact email now, and will compose a comprehensive email on the issue.

The main 2 issues here are having Cards speficially labelled as optional as many many people believe them core currently, and having written clarification on cash.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

garion wrote:but equally if we have a list of races that are official, that would suffice.
We have - it's called "the rules GW have published" (sadly for the Slann :( ).

As for the rest of it, I couldn't care less what is and isn't classed as "official" by GW - our league (before it died) played what we wanted to play, and ignored bits we didn't. I think a group of players that can't sort this sort of thing out for themselves has probably got bigger issues.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

As far as cards go, all I can really do is point you towards the top of pg22 of the rulebook.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Never in my life have I needed someone to tell what rules can or must be used in Blood Bowl. The entire game is optional, play it like you want to, not what someone else decides is "optional" or not. Personally I had some experience going the "all bowl" route, taking everything as mandatory. Can result in some crazy games.

Todosi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Todosi »

I agree completely with the above poster. GW is giving us a framework to create our own league. Since you are the Commissioner for the league, you make the decisions on what rules will be used and how they are implemented. It even says that, in the rules.