Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Next team?

Post by Skitters »

Bloodbowl will be part of today's reveal - so guessing this will be a team this time...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -online-3/

with regards to the Kislev - it will be an option, though I somehow think if GW do go down that route with Blood Bowl they would not be a direct Slann proxy. As Kislev have been mentioned as part of the development for the Old World fantasy battle I kind of wonder if that would need to happen first before we see them in Blood Bowl.

I recently finished up my Gaspez team - really enjoyed painting them uo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

A brand new team announced.... Snotlings.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... e18April20

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Snotlings, yes indeed. A bit more fun than just 16 snots/gnoblars.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Nice, this is what I want to see from a new team. Something fun with interesting and cool models.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
zenga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zenga »

The team must surely come with the pump wagon? Or will it be released by FW??

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Plastic team, pump wagon in the box, as confirmed on the Warhammer Live preview.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

...they are fab looking so I'll be getting

will there be two sprues?

The pics shown appear to be 10 unique positional. So unless the pump wagon counts as multiple players it would seem there are not enough players to make a full team?

.There was reference to the pump wagon being a special weapon....so my thinking is it would make sense for them to have access to two so that one can be played in each half (or hope for first half overkill and play both from the start!).

we know from the ogre spike that snotkings can increase their team size beyond 16 players by inducement...something I assume will be a necessity if they are going to be secret weapon rich (assuming fungus throwers will also be SW) and as there was a hint of special rules for them to mob opponents

Edit: just seen on the BloodBowl Facebook page an image with 18 snotlings and a.separate image of the pump wagon. so question is whether there are two pump wagons...

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

I can't confirm anything that hasn't been stated by Warhammer Community, it's not my job to do so I'm afraid. I dare say there will be more posted on the Community website in coming days/weeks.

Plus I've been working from home for about a century and can't remember where my desk is, let alone what these frames look like!

Obviously the team box will contain a playable team.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

yes sorry - on reflection was unfair of me to ask the direct question.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

No harm in asking. If I can answer I will, you know that. I'm really just trying to get people to follow Warhammer Community a bit more, that's how we put news out, and right now they're doing a huge amount.

garion

Post by garion »

having listened carefully to the reveal, its something like this -

0-1 or 0-2fungus thrower (no idea on rules, guessing some kind of bomber)
0-1 or 0-2 fungus Hopper (no idea on rules though we know they are slightly faster than Snotlings)
0-1 or 0-2 Stilty Runner 6135 dodge, stunty, titchy, right stuff, side step (they said basically a snotling but ever so slightly faster and can side step)
0-1 or 0-2 pump wagon 5 5 1 8 Secret Weapon, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut, Dirty Player (confirmed skills, stat line is a guess but they did confirm St5)
0-2 trolls, just a guess, but there is artwork showing a troll throwing a snotling
0-16 snotlings 5135 dodge, stunty, right stuff, titchy, swarming (swarming might be like old titchy, I also wonder if it'll be something like - if a snotling is removed from the pitch another immediately appears in its place, like an endless supply of snots)

really looking forward to seeing the rules for this team, very excited. I always hated the lack of Swarming/old titchy on Snotlings in crp. Strange that there are seemingly only 10 based models in a box, hope we get new troll models as well as the one throwing a goblin is one of a very small number of models i dont like this edition.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Theres a wizard snotling and a snotling blowing a horn (whats he like a fan?) That would leave only 8 players, give us two sprues for 16 players, two wizards and fans. That would also mean plenty secret weapons whixh would be a bit silly... Haha sign me up :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

The fact is.... snotling teams did exist ages ago. And crazy pump wagons too.

Moved 1d6 + 1 squares, using similar system as ball&chain players

Good old crazy times.... so good to see some things come back

Gracehoper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gracehoper »

I was hoping for a team I already knew I wanted to buy.
Now I want to buy a team I didn't know I wanted.

With this curve ball I'd like to change my picks for the year to: Vampires, Norse, Amazon.

It seems GW has settled into a 50/50 model between competitive teams and chaotic (stunty) fun. So I could see vampires this year.

I still believe that norse and amazon will be released back to back or maybe even as a double feature for a sort of "boys vs. girls" synergy. From a marketing point of view it would make sense.

Alternatively it could be something like vampires, necro and ... high elves? The AOS pointy elves give reason for optimism but with three other elf teams out the demand may not be that high.

What about the rumours about Underworld? Or at least pitch and dugouts? I remember reading Reddit comments like "it's pretty much confirmed that Underworld is coming" but I'm not sure what gave cause to the speculation?

Reason?