Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Next team?

Post by JT-Y »

Just curious. Someone asked a similar question and was given the FAQ address a couple of days ago, but hasn't submitted the question yet.
Send an email and I can deal with it.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Reading through the Spike! I noticed a number of mentions of Gnoblars and Ogres in the stunty leagues section, so.... The Spikes have had various pieces in the fluff that have hinted at future changes in rosters and star players. Therefore my hypothesis, when we get around to Ogres, they will have Gnoblars as an additional positional, a variation on a goblin if what I read is correct.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

I thought Gnoblars are the new Snotlings in Age of Sigmar?

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

My fluff gene feels triggered :D I categorize all greenskinz in only two kinds anyway: Big 'unz (all kind of Orcs), Punies (all kind of Goblins, which includes Gnoblars, Boggarts and so on).

For BB I`d even prefer to not include too many different racial sub categories, but rather positional subs. It worked well with the Halflings, effectively seperating the same kind of model into three positionals. Could work for Gobbos on an Ogre team as well.

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Gnoblars were the goblin units in an Ogre team in fantasy (I.e. pretty AOS). Pretty sure they were as strong as a goblin in that though while in BB they are reskinned snotlings.

Not sure what is wrong with simply calling them snotlings, I guess it fits the ogre fluff but is a downgrade for gnoblars in terms of strength.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Gnoblars got models by the end of the 6th edition, when Ogres were released as an actual army the first time. Snotlings were around in BB quite longer if I recall that correctly. Then there was the 4th edition Ogre Roster, with 0-16 Ogres, which was ridicolously strong after a while. And then, with the roster change, they droppe from the top of the food chain to the bottom. Though at the 4th ed. time Goblins were in the team.

In order to make the team more interesting and playable, I`d simply add 0-4 Goblins to the roster. Elsewise it looks good and you could make additional use of the Goblin booster pack.

garion

Post by garion »

Christy42 wrote:Gnoblars were the goblin units in an Ogre team in fantasy (I.e. pretty AOS). Pretty sure they were as strong as a goblin in that though while in BB they are reskinned snotlings.

Not sure what is wrong with simply calling them snotlings, I guess it fits the ogre fluff but is a downgrade for gnoblars in terms of strength.
TopsyKretts wrote:I thought Gnoblars are the new Snotlings in Age of Sigmar?
Not quite. Gnoblars were essentially hill/mountain goblins, that lived among Ogres. They were introduced in 6th edition WFB. In AOS they were renamed to Grots after the whole chapterhouse case.

Snotlings are a different species all together. They are really tiny, a greenskin runt.

Snotlings were re-introduced to game in lrb5 to CRP. During the LRB 1 - 4 they had Goblin linemen. As I understand it - they were brought back as a nod to 2nd edition during the lrb5 and CRP process. To take the game back towards its 2nd ed asthetic.

garion

Post by garion »

I also meant to ask a while ago but forgot. In Spike 4the Sports Necrotheurge has a spell called - Vanhalables Dans Macabre. It can only be used on Skeletons and Zombies. But it is available for Vampires. Is this description meant to include Thralls along with skeletons and zombies? or have Vampire teams just been given a raw deal?

garion

Post by garion »

Anyone know the answer to that question above ^

thanks

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

I would like to know too.

Maybe it is a reference to a new different future Vampire team?

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

garion wrote:I also meant to ask a while ago but forgot. In Spike 4the Sports Necrotheurge has a spell called - Vanhalables Dans Macabre. It can only be used on Skeletons and Zombies. But it is available for Vampires. Is this description meant to include Thralls along with skeletons and zombies? or have Vampire teams just been given a raw deal?

Maybe Vamps will get a choice of two wizards. As written Vamps get a raw deal. Further more the fluff wouldn't make sense for it to affect Thralls. They can pick the force ball drop from the wizard so I guess it is better to have that option than not.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Old news? Minis art for pitch and all their star players are already teased. What remains to be seen is any inducements, special ball(s) and pitch rules.

garion

Post by garion »

garion wrote:I also meant to ask a while ago but forgot. In Spike 4the Sports Necrotheurge has a spell called - Vanhalables Dans Macabre. It can only be used on Skeletons and Zombies. But it is available for Vampires. Is this description meant to include Thralls along with skeletons and zombies? or have Vampire teams just been given a raw deal?

Still no answer to this question from anyone involved in the design of the game? Or anyone in contact with people that design the game?

I've also contacted GW asking the same question but received no reply.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Surely we have seen worse mistakes/typos.