Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Next team?

Post by TopsyKretts »

Any sign of Halfling Special Ball(s) rules?

Reason: ''
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

If it not in this month's White Dwarf, it will be in next month's. This has been where they release the ball rules. To get toi to send $10 for 1-3 pages of content and hopefully get you sucked into another system.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

watched the wood elf show on warhammer tv

*Doesn't look to be any positional changes
*release is around a month (though take that to possibly be up to 2 months)
*still commited to 4 releases this year
*will be a *plastic* Treeman- but this will be a little while yet as was originally geared up to be resin
*several new star players - including a fae, a
zoat and what i assume is a young Treeman (3MA 5ST does not have take root)
*pitch, team cards, dice (with a wood effect)and spike as standard. The pitch looks lovely with a spring / autumn theme on each side

missed the last few minutes but did not see mention of the inducement cards revealed at Warhammer Fest

New Stars
Swiftvine Glimmershard - Forest Sprite - 7236 Disturbing Presence, Fend, Loner, Sidestep, Stab, Stunty [Wood Elf] 130k
Zolcath the Zoat - Zoat - 5529 Disturbing Presence, Juggernaut, Loner, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Regeneration, Sure Feet [WE, Amazon, Lizardmen] 280k
Gloriel Summerbloom - WE - 7247 Accurate, Dodge, Loner, Pass, Sidestep, Sure Hands [WE] 160k
Curnoth Darkwold - WE - 7347 Dodge, Frenzy, Jump-up, Leap, Loner, Wrestle [WE] 240k
Maple Highgrobe - Treeman - 35110 Grab, Loner, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Tentacles, Thick Skull [WE] 300k

+Eldril, Morg, Jordrell Freshbreeze, Willow Rosebark, Swift Twins

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Love the inclusion of the spite and zoat from a fluff p.o.v. Very cool. I do have concerns about the potential of running 3 big guys - Treeman, zoat star + tree star, as a tv underdog. Especially if you chuck in horatio. Seems like that could be too big an advantage to the underdog. Has this been tested rigourously?

Similarly although I like the spite as a concept, I'm not sureallowing WE access to an ag3 stunty stab player is good idea. This is already arguably the best team in the game. They don't need gimmicks and extra tricks in their repertoire. A questionable decision.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

garion wrote: Has this been tested rigourously?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is GW...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Dear GW,

Please will you let me give you my money for some Halfling goodies, as you are already teasing me with the next hot thing...

Regards,

Excited in Iowa

I am a pro "fun" guy.
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

garion wrote:
Similarly although I like the spite as a concept, I'm not sureallowing WE access to an ag3 stunty stab player is good idea. This is already arguably the best team in the game. They don't need gimmicks and extra tricks in their repertoire. A questionable decision.
I think Av6, loner, no dodge should take care of the stunty problem.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

garion wrote: I do have concerns about the potential of running 3 big guys - Treeman, zoat star + tree star, as a tv underdog. Especially if you chuck in horatio. Seems like that could be too big an advantage to the underdog. Has this been tested rigourously?
IMHO in a particular niche (1800 vs 1200 and similar level mismatches) the Line of Doom with 1 treeman and 2 ST 5 stars without negatraits and PT (!) and TC (!).....well it is quite a monster combo. Together they are worth more then the sum of the parts.
The other elves would be in a huge trouble and the other non strenght teams as well.
I need to do a couple of tests.
I can see several teams cutting players just to avoid that.

On the other hand from a concept and flavor point of view the new stars are amazing.
I absolutely love them.

garion

Post by garion »

Rolex wrote:
garion wrote: I do have concerns about the potential of running 3 big guys - Treeman, zoat star + tree star, as a tv underdog. Especially if you chuck in horatio. Seems like that could be too big an advantage to the underdog. Has this been tested rigourously?
IMHO in a particular niche (1800 vs 1200 and similar level mismatches) the Line of Doom with 1 treeman and 2 ST 5 stars without negatraits and PT (!) and TC (!).....well it is quite a monster combo. Together they are worth more then the sum of the parts.
The other elves would be in a huge trouble and the other non strenght teams as well.
I need to do a couple of tests.
I can see several teams cutting players just to avoid that.

On the other hand from a concept and flavor point of view the new stars are amazing.
I absolutely love them.
100% to all this ^ , and you will be able to add horatio in the mix sometimes too for some ball/cage busting shots for a small cost. Will need to test it myself as well, but certainly looks too good on paper. In CRP they intentionally avoided allowing the team a Treeman star player to avoid the ST stack...
kyrre wrote:
garion wrote:
Similarly although I like the spite as a concept, I'm not sure allowing WE access to an ag3 stunty stab player is good idea. This is already arguably the best team in the game. They don't need gimmicks and extra tricks in their repertoire. A questionable decision.
I think Av6, loner, no dodge should take care of the stunty problem.
Sure, he is weak, but if you take this star, you keep him behind your defensive line, as a threat.
The threat of the star stabbing the ball carrier will force coaches in to a more complex screen formation rather than your standard cage to dissuade the use of stunty dodge and stab on the ball carrier. The move is a really a one time use blitz to pop the ball free, which is where elves thrive. Sometimes this type of threat is more powerful than the actual "move" its self. I'm not sure if it is too good a weapon to give them or not really. But its not a tool I would personally like WE to have really. It cheapens their strategy imo.

They just set alarm bells ringing for me.

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

I feel like it is nothing new for wood elves. They can leap in with a strip ball dancer and -2db the ball just as easily, probably easier due to rerolls.

It works vs sure hands and saves the dancer action but such a vulnerable player when the wood elves are already playing down could lead to number issues later on. Not sure it is a problem yet. It still seems like not great odds to knock the ball loose.

pixmen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pixmen »

I hope that GW will continue to release booster packs, I wait for them to finish my teams :lol:

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Can someone explain the 'Thimble' stunty cup kick-off table from Halfling Spikey! Magazine (nr. 5)?

If you roll a 5 on this kick-off table:
Bad kick: The ball scatters a number of squares equal to the roll of 2D6 on the kick-off, instead of the usual D6.
1) The roll for this result should always be 5, so the ball scatters 5 squares instead of D6?
2) As far as I understand the rules, you roll for D6 scatter BEFORE rolling on kick-off. So you would have to backtrack the events and reverse the original scatter before scattering 5 squares?

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Was it you who asked this same question of the Community team guys via the BB Facebook page?

Email: BloodBowlFAQ@gwplc.com

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

JT-Y wrote:Was it you who asked this same question of the Community team guys via the BB Facebook page?

Email: BloodBowlFAQ@gwplc.com
No, I'm not on Facebook.