Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Next team?

Post by JT-Y »

Still no answer to this question from anyone involved in the design of the game? Or anyone in contact with people that design the game?

I've also contacted GW asking the same question but received no reply.
I haven't seen an email on this subject, and I check the BloodBowlFAQ@gwplc.com email account daily.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
garion

Post by garion »

JT-Y wrote:
Still no answer to this question from anyone involved in the design of the game? Or anyone in contact with people that design the game?

I've also contacted GW asking the same question but received no reply.
I haven't seen an email on this subject, and I check the BloodBowlFAQ@gwplc.com email account daily.
Thank you. I was told by GW to email the AOS FAQ and that they deal with Blood Bowl FAQs too.

Never mind though, I've sent it to the one you have supplied. Cheers.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I saw a rumour that lizardmen were getting an update for Age of Sigmar.

I wonder if that means they'll be the next Blood Bowl team?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

spubbbba wrote:I saw a rumour that lizardmen were getting an update for Age of Sigmar.

I wonder if that means they'll be the next Blood Bowl team?
I wondered that but none of the other releases have linked to anything else going on at GW (correct me if I'm wrong) so I think it's likely that they're different teams each doing their own things and if there is a combined release it'll be a coincidence.

Saying that Lizards would make good sense as the next team.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Yeah there's no connection between BB and AoS, they're handled by different departments within the studio.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

Last year the Nurgle were announced at Warhammer Fest Europe in mid August. From what I can tell there is no fest planned this year, so wondering if there are any forthcoming events what would be a suitable arena to announce the next team?

Gencon (August 1-4) seems like it has a big Blood Bowl presence and GW has a stand....but I would have thought there would have been some build up about GWs presence and whether there would be news by now.

Warhammer World hosts the Full Beard cup...but previous BB releases have tended to be part of a wider GW release so seems a little unlikely to me.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

With all these 2020 rumours I keep hearing, I am starting to wonder if there are some teams that do not make it under the wire. Maybe saved for the next box set, or are we back to orcs and humans again (and would we have same or different models, NOTE to GW: a new edition with 2016 human/orc models or any of the teams I have purchased, like all of them so far, would be a hard sell to me!)

I am a pro "fun" guy.
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

I hear you Mystic Force but isn't it the case that every Blood Bowl boxed set has always been orcs vs humans?
Maybe new sculpts for each, but I don't think there is the sculpting resources to redo the humans and orcs which are both really very good sculpts (IMO the best of BB2016 given ease of push fit)

garion

Post by garion »

JT-Y wrote:Yeah there's no connection between BB and AoS, they're handled by different departments within the studio.
Noted thanks,

So I bought the inducement cards, have only scanned through them. So there may be other errors, but Kegs are listed as 30k not 50k. Is this an error or an intentional price decrease?
Also sent via email...

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

garion wrote: So I bought the inducement cards, have only scanned through them. So there may be other errors, but Kegs are listed as 30k not 50k. Is this an error or an intentional price decrease?
Also sent via email...
This has been discussed as an error at dakkadakka.

garion

Post by garion »

TopsyKretts wrote:
garion wrote: So I bought the inducement cards, have only scanned through them. So there may be other errors, but Kegs are listed as 30k not 50k. Is this an error or an intentional price decrease?
Also sent via email...
This has been discussed as an error at dakkadakka.
Yeah I am sure that is the case, however it would be good if it was made official on the errata/FAQ. Usually latest re-writes of rules trump those that came before it, so an official line in the FAQ would be good to stop any potential for confusion.

in the same way they clarified mistakes made for Guffle's price and Hakflems Ag and ST being the wrong way round etc.. which you can see on page 1 -
https://www.bloodbowl.com/wp-content/up ... ay17v2.pdf

Though they did make the same mistakes again in the almanac as well which came out after this FAQ ^

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

At least we're not getting the sloppy writing and messy contradictions (stats, rules, costs ++) that Necromunda has suffered for one and a half year. And the single FAQ there simply bypasses most of the problems or even creates more confusion on top.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

If there's an errata to issue, GW will do that via Community. Internet forums are not the place for such things.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

JT-Y wrote:If there's an errata to issue, GW will do that via Community. Internet forums are not the place for such things.
For Necromunda, there are countless problems to be fixed, and every time it turns out the internet forums is the only place for such things. Blood Bowl is hopefully different?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Update via "Community".
What does that mean?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95