Cyanide world cup 2018: The AndyDavo perspective

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Andydavo
Experienced
Experienced

Cyanide world cup 2018: The AndyDavo perspective

Post by Andydavo »

Hi all,

A while ago I decided to try and enter Blood Bowl 2's world cup since there was £10'000 as a first prize and hey, world cup's were all the rage this year! After entering several qualifying tournaments I was lucky enough to win a ticket for the final 64 knockout stage.

As i'm a Twitch.TV streamer in my spare time and Blood Bowl is my passion, I have streamed the first round and uploaded it to You Tube. However to try and make it a bit more interesting I re watched the game and uploaded the replay, along with my thoughts on each turn; tactics, positioning, other options i felt were available but why I didn't take them and also any mistakes I felt were there on both sides.

If you would like to watch the game it is found here

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Cyanide world cup 2018: The AndyDavo perspective

Post by lunchmoney »

Noice.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
CharlieBanks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieBanks »

This is a really great analysis of the game - very insightful and awesome to understand the decisions that were made throughout the game.

I rarely watch replay's (cos they're boring) but this ticked a lot of boxes and the level of thinking that comes from such a talented BB player really opened my eyes - hard for me to say as a generally think he's a dick (jokes!)

If you want to improve as a player then this is for you

Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

I'd also highly recommend that people watch the video as Andy does a great job not only talking about his thinking (and mistakes!), but showing all the little inaccuracies that would make life a lot harder. It's 50 mins long but honestly doesn't drag at all. I put it on as background while I did some painting but then ended up stopping the painting to watch it! There's a lot going on as well so the tactical analysis is really wide ranging. We definitely need more of this, and looking forward to the next one!

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Really enjoyed this!

A great watch and highly entertaining too. A fascinating insight into how one of the top players thinks and plays

I look forward to more!

Shepherd for the Wales team
Jester77
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jester77 »

I can only agree with the above comments on Andy’s post. I really hope he makes it further so we can get some more insight in his thoughts, he made me think about some stuff- even though I have played Blood Bowl for decades with some major breakes, but we all come back for more, at some point (:

The work Andy does for Blood Bowl is amazing so if you have any love for the game it’s a must watch.