Most unused skills for first or second choice

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Most unused skills for first or second choice

Post by daloonieshaman »

What do you'll feel are the skills that at least likely chosen and the skills that are least used

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Most unused skills for first or second choice

Post by rolo »

I think those are two different questions, for example, I've never once seen anyone choose Thick Skull on a skillup, but it's used all the time by Dwarves and Skeletons and Ogres.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

But, going through the skill lists ... of the skills I have personally never taken ...

- Never taken Pass Block, but I've thought about it.
- Haven't taken Pro since 3rd ed (when it could be used on armor and injury rolls)
- Haven't taken Safe Throw (but I've used it occasionally on my High Elf team)
- Never taken Sneaky Git, never considered it.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

rolo wrote:I think those are two different questions, for example, I've never once seen anyone choose Thick Skull on a skillup, but it's used all the time by Dwarves and Skeletons and Ogres.
Rolo - Thick Skulled War Dancer http://obblm.leicesterbbleague.com/inde ... obj_id=213
daloonieshaman wrote:What do you'll feel are the skills that at least likely chosen and the skills that are least used
That is a slightly different question to what you posted as the topic title.

Diving Tackle is a great skill but rarely picked before a third skill. After Claw and Two Heads you see very few mutations. In-built skills like Catch and Pass are rarely taken by other players. There are plenty of weak skills like Diving Catch and Pass Block that have niche uses but you tend to need 3-4 other skills to make it worthwhile. Sneaky Git is the only skill I see people taking that I think is completely useless.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Block, Dodge and Guard.

Might explain my win/loss record. :wink: :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

I've noticed the Two Dice Uphill Podcast has been doing some casts on rarely used skills including Jump up and Dauntless in the episode I am listening to now. I'm enjoying the discussion.
https://www.twodiceuphill.com/

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I'd say strong arm is not used very much if it is taken.

Even elf coaches don't pass that often and the player with the skill may not be the one who ends up with the ball. On top of that it is useless for quick passes and if you roll a 1 or 6.

So once you get to throw the ball and avoid all the exceptions it will only work if you would have failed by 1 anyway.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Lyracian wrote:
rolo wrote:I think those are two different questions, for example, I've never once seen anyone choose Thick Skull on a skillup, but it's used all the time by Dwarves and Skeletons and Ogres.
Rolo - Thick Skulled War Dancer http://obblm.leicesterbbleague.com/inde ... obj_id=213
Isn't that quite suicidal? Getting knocked out is usually the safest fate for an elf, specially a wardancer! If I remember correctly, I've heard coaches rather risk a touchdown by foul wardancer (Anything But A One podcast?).

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Baxx wrote:Isn't that quite suicidal? Getting knocked out is usually the safest fate for an elf, specially a wardancer! If I remember correctly, I've heard coaches rather risk a touchdown by foul wardancer (Anything But A One podcast?).
It is not my team! I was just pointing it out for Rolo that weak skills do sometimes get picked by a Coach.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Lyracian wrote:
Baxx wrote:Isn't that quite suicidal? Getting knocked out is usually the safest fate for an elf, specially a wardancer! If I remember correctly, I've heard coaches rather risk a touchdown by foul wardancer (Anything But A One podcast?).
It is not my team! I was just pointing it out for Rolo that weak skills do sometimes get picked by a Coach.
Hehe yeah was just thinking out loud, not aimed at you. Funny choice for a wardancer, that's all :P