New Team! (It's... not Nurgle!)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New Team! (It's... not Nurgle!)

Post by Jip »

JT-Y wrote:We tried putting 3 warriors on two identical sprues, but the third one looked funny. And the ninth Beastman was proper weird looking. So we did it the easy way.

Any ideas why the fourth Chaos Warrior isn't in the pictures from GAMA, or the YouTube video about the team? Did he miss the team bus, or just go full Cristiano Ronaldo and start demanding image rights money? :lol:

Reason: ''
Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Jip wrote:Any ideas why the fourth Chaos Warrior isn't in the pictures from GAMA, or the YouTube video about the team? Did he miss the team bus, or just go full Cristiano Ronaldo and start demanding image rights money? :lol:
Painter got tired of doing all those little flames on the armor and said, "%@^#! this! That's eleven! I'm going on vacation."

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I have no idea, I'm not at that trade show!

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

spubbbba wrote:The beastmen look really cool and dynamic which is good to see. Am not sure about the chaos warriors, will need to have a proper look at better pictures first.

I do like that Gw have gone away from the WHFB (AoS) soldiers on the pitch from 3rd edition. They just might not be chaotic enough. Maybe some head swaps will work?

I'll be buying them anyway and any dice that come out for them. Haven't done a generic chaos team yet and at the very least they will make useful conversion parts.

On an unrelated note the Van Saar gang looks awesome.
I have a feeling the Chaos Warriors might grow on people over time. They make more sense attired in Football like gear. I guess I'm just used to them being this 'mysterious' thing all covered in armor, so it's a little weird to see them with so little armor.

With 4CW+8B, that's a team in a box. Which is really sweet on the wallet. However, I forgot the dice. Plus a possible pitch and team pack. Yea, no one is forcing anyone to buy any of that, but I surely will.

I just noticed the flaming turn marker and ball tokens in Jip's shared image. That's just awesome!

Was just looking through the list of possible Chaos Stars. Wonder if any of these will end up making it?
Brick Far'th
Grotty
Grashnak Blackhoof
Lewdgrip Whiparm
Max Spleenripper

Finks Finkster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Finks Finkster »

faust_33 wrote:
Was just looking through the list of possible Chaos Stars. Wonder if any of these will end up making it?
Brick Far'th
Grotty
Grashnak Blackhoof
Lewdgrip Whiparm
Max Spleenripper
That big red guy on the cover looms to be like Scyla of the old Warhammer so I guess he is an original star. Borak is confirmed pretty much. Grashnak would be great considering those two were the "core" chaos stars for while.

But since it looks like a Chaos focused issue, we could be looking at a handful of additions.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

....so the question is do I complete this team now?! [Numbering, and counters still to do]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Finks Finkster wrote:
faust_33 wrote:
Brick Far'th
Grotty
Grashnak Blackhoof
Lewdgrip Whiparm
Max Spleenripper
That big red guy on the cover looms to be like Scyla of the old Warhammer so I guess he is an original star. Borak is confirmed pretty much. Grashnak would be great considering those two were the "core" chaos stars for while.

But since it looks like a Chaos focused issue, we could be looking at a handful of additions.
I would think Grashnak would be a given. I'd like Lewdgrip too, he's not the best Star, but always liked that crazy mini.

Just looked up Scyla, that would be a damned cool Star.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

faust_33 wrote:
I have a feeling the Chaos Warriors might grow on people over time. They make more sense attired in Football like gear. I guess I'm just used to them being this 'mysterious' thing all covered in armor, so it's a little weird to see them with so little armor.
I've had a closer look at some still and now know what I don't like about the warriors. At first I thought it was the lack of armour on their legs and chest but those actually make sense. Full plate armour, even chaos armour is a bit silly on the pitch and I am glad they have given them a more sporty appearance.

However it is their helmets and shoulder pads that are the issue, they just don't look chaosy enough. Instead we they resemble the generic large scary football player you might see in a Scooby Doo cartoon. Their equipment there is too much like a real football helmet.
It is fixable though by swapping the heads and maybe the shoulder pads, even just adding the classic chaos warrior visor to the rounded helm would probably work.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

Interestingly that Andy Hoare indicated on FB they have at least 4 teams in development (if I interpreted his statement correctly) he indicated he had received the dice set for the team that is four (if I counted correctly) teams from coming out and test rolled them.

Tells us four more in the pipeline at least and even the ones pretty far out have prototype stuff produced already.

Very exciting!

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I've said similar on here. We are working on releases for the next year and beyond. BB is not going anywhere or being left out, but we did slow down a bit after deciding to make all trams in plastic because of the longer time required to make the tools.

And yes he has just received an early colour sample for new dice, and no he can't roll dice. They work for me though.

We aren't making this stuff up.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Ironically, the Chaos Chosen don’t have enough spikes in my opinion...

The Beastmen look pretty cool. I’ll probably pick these up and see if I can mod the Chosen to look a bit more Chaosy to suit my tastes.

Interested in the content of the Spike Magazine. Not keen if each team is going to get one, I’d rather they continued the Death Zone format to be honest. Time will tell though, I’m remaining open minded.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i like the new chaos team. i'm also looking forward to Spike and even Blitz Bowl as it looks like something that i might be able to teach to my son a bit sooner than he could manage a game of full BB. more BB stuff for me! woohoo!

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

JT-Y wrote:I've said similar on here. We are working on releases for the next year and beyond. BB is not going anywhere or being left out, but we did slow down a bit after deciding to make all trams in plastic because of the longer time required to make the tools.

And yes he has just received an early colour sample for new dice, and no he can't roll dice. They work for me though.

We aren't making this stuff up.
Yeah it's still exciting. I'm not suffering from long time player feeling paranoid syndrome. I'm suffering from new player super excited to see more inklings of how far out the pipeline extends.

I know you guys are doing great work on the game just can't wait to hear more.

To the non GW employee (and non NDA signing) crowd this appears to be what we know about Spike
"Spike! Magazine – a new supplement for Blood Bowl that’ll feature rules for new teams, Star Players, columns from Agony Uncle Lord Borak and much more."

Are we thinking like old Citadel Journal? Or a new name for a Deathzone supplement.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

It's not really like anything we've done before. I'll say more when I can, but I'm pretty proud of it and of the work everyone involved has done on it.

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Is it just me, or are the Chaos Chosen minis from this 2nd Edition artwork by Pete Knifton:

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.