Broodolf the Christmas Beastman Competition

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Broodolf the Christmas Beastman Competition

Post by Lecter1972 »

I would like to do another competition and the winner will get a copy of the Broodolf the Christmas Beastman miniature (cast in resin) sent to them anywhere in the world for free

This is a multipart miniature the antlers / horns are separate to the main body of the sculpt

The competition is to create a Star Player Stats & Skills for this character - you can invent new skills if you like

Entries close 11pm (UK time) on Tuesday 2nd January 2018 and will announce the winner on Wednesday 3rd January 2018
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Broodolf the Christmas Beastman Competition

Post by rolo »

Awesome!

Nose So Bright: This skill is the opposite of disturbing presence; Pass and Catch rolls by teammates within 3 squares of Broodolph receive a +1 bonus.
"Broodolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my pass tonight?"

Broodolph grew up at a Blood Bowl stadium at the North Pole, where he was constantly bullied by other beastmen because of an unusual mutation - not an elegant claw or a cool extra arm, but a brightly glowing nose. The bullying left him with a chip on his shoulder and a tendency to flip out and maim opponents, staff, and fans - traits which can only lead to success on the Blood Bowl field!
But his true triumph came one damp and chilly night game, when a thick fog blanketed the stadium, making even the simplest Blood Bowl play impossible. Both teams frantically searched the ground for the ball. Finally, on turn 16, Broodolph's team captain Sanda Claws stumbled on a ball lying on the ground, completely ignored by all other players. He picked it up, and as the final seconds ticked off the clock, heaved a hail mary pass out to the only thing he could see - a glowing red light in the end zone. Broodolph's bright nose had saved the game!

"Then all his teammates loved him,
and they shouted out with glee,
Broodolph the red-nosed Beastman!
You'll go down in His-tor-yyyyyyy!!!!
"

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Awesome mini!

Broodolf the Christmas Beastman

7 3 3 8 - 200K

Big Horns: "Broodolf has one of the most powerful horns that get +1 to ST and claw skill when in a blitz action"

Leader: "Broodolf knows how to lead the rest of the pack, and that is a great skill on the pitch"

Leap and Very Long Legs: "Everybody knows that reindeers can fly, don't you?"

Grab: "Have you tried to pull a sleigh with a fat big guy and plenty of presents? That give you a good knowledge of how to push things"

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Fantastic model!

Broodolf the Christmas Beastman

Broodholf had a miserable upbringing, constantly bullied by the other beastmen of his pack for his bright red nose mutation, and his strange, mis-shapen horns.

But Broodholf had a dream... a dream of playing the finest sport known to man or beast alike... Blood Bowl! But no teams ever came near the frozen wastes... until, one dark, foggy night the famed Blood Bowl scout, Old 'Saint' Nick, was lost following a recruiting drive in the chaos wastes. He could hear wolves, and worse, tracking him, eager for a plump meal... and then he saw a distant red light in the gloom. Old Nick, belly shaking like a bowl full of jelly, waddled towards what he hoped would be help as his hunters closed in.

Broodholf was glum, as he looked into the fog, his pack sniggering behind him as they prepared for a night of hunting (where Broodholf, again, would be left at the back, lest his nose alert their prey). Suddenly, a chubby figure dressed in red furs burst from the fog, hotly pursued by a trio of mutated wolves. Broodholf didn't think- he charged, his horns throwing one of the wolves, yelping, away, as the red garbed figure split the skull of another with his axe.

As the final wolf closed in Broodholf charged again, and to the amazement of Old Nick sent the creature flying away. With a twinkle in his eye, the old scout said, "Hey kid- you ever play Blood Bowl? You might be a natural..."

Player stats

6 3 3 8 - 140K

Big Horns
Due to the size of these, when he blitzes, he not only gets +1 ST but the horns might snag, forcing Broodholf to strike again, even harder, to throw the opponent off. After he has blitzed but has not knocked his opponent over, roll a dice- on a 4+ he makes a second blitz, in the same way as if he had Frenzy, but at +2 ST this time!

Shadowing
Broodholf is an expert at getting his horns tangled with an opponents body- clothing, fur, limbs, intestines, whatever! As such, he may attempt to shadow any player moving away from him.

Bright Red Nose
When on the pitch, Broodholf's nose glows brighter than ever. It can even temporarily blind his opponents! Just like with Foul Appearance, any opponent attempting to block the player must roll a D6- on a 1 they are blinded by his nose and cannot block Broodholf.

This even works when Broodholf is stunned- any opponent trying to foul the player must also roll a D6, and on a 1 find themselves stamping empty space as they are temporarily dazzled. The Foul action is wasted.

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Great initiative, Lecter!

BROODOLF the Christmas Beatman
MA: 7 ST: 3 AG: 3 AV: 8
Skills: Loner, Dauntless, Dodge, Fan Favourite, Horns, Juggernaut, Sure Feet
Team: Betronnian, Halflings, Humans, Norse
Cost: 200.000
Background: Serving as lead bodyguard for Father Winter (you know, the wealthy old man who believes that giving out presents will make the Old World a better place) Broodolf became a hardened veteran in hand to hand combat. It is quite surprising how often a carriage laden with presents is waylaid, even in the relative safety of the Empire. And once you get to the Moot with your gift wrapped hams it gets even worse! However, Broodolf and his herd of specially trained beastmen always kept Father Winter and his presents safe. That made him extremely popular with the common folk and the saying "Guarding like a Broodolf" became synonym with doing a good job at keeping someone or something safe.
As generous as Father Winter was with humans and halflings, he was just as tight-fisted with his employees. Neither working hours nor the pay were satisfying. The only thing that kept Broodolf in the service of Father Winter was the joy and glee in the eyes of those that were given the fine presents each year. Much to Broodolfs delight he one day discovered during a friendly Blood Bowl match between his herd and the Eggmaster’s breed, that he could bring that same joy and glee to people’s eyes when he just blitzed hard enough! From here on it was just a small step for Broodolf to make his way as a freelancer into the professional Blood Bowl circus, evoking the same kind enthusiasm in his fans as before.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
ElDiablito
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ElDiablito »

For this particular beastman, I see it with the following stats:

6 3 3 8
Skills: Horns, Juggernaut, Leap, Very Long Legs, Sprint, Strip Ball, Hypnotic Gaze ("My Your Nose is so Bright!"), and Loner
Cost: 180k

I would guess that he should play for Chaos Chosen, Norse, Christmas Dwarves, Christmas Halflings, Kislev (but not Slann), and Christmas Elves. Of course, the dwarves, halflings and elves would be unable to hire Broodolf if the team is not obviously dressed for the holiday season (IOW, green, red, and white)!

OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

Awww, man! I just found this topic right after the deadline passed! Damn you Nuffle!! lol

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

Sorry little bit later than planned

Ok competition is closed and I have made a decision

Thanks to everyone who put effort into this. It was difficult once again as I liked a number of ideas from each of the suggestions but I think for me the winner is rolo whose idea is very very close to my own ideas of what his stats should be

I will be sending a pm shortly to rolo

Thanks once again for all your efforts

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Wow! Thank you Lecter for running this contest!

Looking forward to painting this beautiful figure! I hope I can do it justice.

Happy new year everyone, especially Lecter!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

rolo wrote:Wow! Thank you Lecter for running this contest!

Looking forward to painting this beautiful figure! I hope I can do it justice.

Happy new year everyone, especially Lecter!
Congratulations!!

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon