Good Blood Bowl Sevens Team lists?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Good Blood Bowl Sevens Team lists?

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Gaixo wrote:There are a bunch of transcription errors, mainly owing to incorrect assumptions. Variants probably need to be revisited at some point for BB2016 and to address other issues that have cropped up, anyway.
If you need a hand I'd be happy to volunteer.

Reason: ''
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

I want to give a shout out to the always (generally correctly) rarely utilised Dark Elf Assassins. Took 2 of the little blighters in a recent 7s tournament, and they were great- in an environment with (very likely) zero rerolls, Shadowing is amazingly useful- and of course, they are still elves at the end of the day :wink:

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

I'm starting a local BB7s league and I'm currently considering the following team lists:

Chaos Renegades:
Minotaur, Ogre, Dark Elf, Goblin, 4 x Human Renegades.

Brettonian:
3xBlitzers, Yeoman, 5 x Linemen (or 3 x Linemen and an Apo + 30k).

Skaven:
Rat Ogre, Blitzer, Gutter Runner, Thrower, 3 x Linerats and an Apo (or another Linerat).

High Elves:
2 x Blitzers, Catcher, Thrower, 3 x Lineelfs.

Khorne:
Bloodthirster, Herald, Bloodletter Daemon, 4 x Pit Fighters.

Norse:
Ulfwerenar, Runner, Berserker, 5 x Linemen, Apo, 10k.

I just can't decide... :)

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I did remarkably well with a Chaos Pact team in a Sevens tournament - I went with all three big guys, the skaven and three marauders. My reasoning was that when there's no rerolls, everyone's a loner anyway. Finished 2nd :)

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

You're absolutely right! But our league will allow 1 double costed reroll, so not so sure on the 3 guys build. I tried the above roster in two games against a vampire team (2 x Vampires, 6 x Thralls and a reroll). The first game I KOed 1 and injured the other vampire, so it was fairly easy. The second my Minotaur got BH by blitzing a Thrall and my Ogre got KOed by a thrown rock. Lost that one 1:0. :)

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

I think I've narrowed my choices to:

Chaos Chosen:
Minotaur, 2 x Chaos Warriors, 4 x Beastmen.

Dark Elves:
2x Blitzers, Witch Elf, Runner, 3 x Lineelfs.

What do you think?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

After a few games, these three teams are performing ok:

Danse Macabre/Necros/2-0-0
3x Zombies
Ghoul w/pass
Ghoul w/catch
Wight w/MiB
(Wight started with team and fired after second game)
Werewolf hired for upcoming games

Hard to say they are doing "great" as their two games have been against goblins and an all skink lizardman team.
*******************************************************************************************

S'not Funny/Nurgle/1-0-2
5 Rotters (one fired after third game)
3 Pestigors (started with one; bought the others after games two and three; first pestigor is awaiting a skill roll)
Beast of Nurgle w/Juggernaut

Lost 0-1 in first two games against Orcs and Humans. Surprisingly won third game against a 4x gutter runner skaven team: 2-0.
********************************************************************************************

Blackwolf's Mutants/Chaos Pact/2-0-1
5 Marauders (fired one after third game) Three skill ups on three Marauders: Diving Tackle; Sure Hands; +Ag
Minotaur (in first game, double skulled against a goblin and received -Ag)
Skaven w/Extra Arms
Goblin (bought after second game)
Delf (bought after third game)

My opps keep playing stunties, so I don't know the true fight in this team.

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
cornixt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cornixt »

Raveen wrote:By the way, the rules for a Riot kick off result need rewriting - there's no turn 7 in 7s.
My league changed it to turn 5, since it seemed to be the intent to do it near the end of a half.

Cornixt
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

While almost any team can win by the grace of Nuffle, we have noticed a marked advantage for teams with faster players: werewolves, gutter runners, skinks.... The blitz & score from midfield is hard to defend, not enough defenders for a column defense....

I have four teams, now, with three of more games. From least to more successful:

S'not Funny, Nurgle, 1-0-2, 1rr, 3ff, 1ac, 1cl, 750,000
started w/ 5 rotters, 1 pestigor, and beast. Gained additional pestigors after games two and three; lost/fired one rotter. Beast has Juggernaut and first pestigor is awaiting a skill roll. TD differential, zero.

Blackwolf's Mutants, Chaos Pact, 2-0-1, 1 rr, 2.ff, apothecary, 830,000
Currently: 4 marauders (3 w/ skills; diving tackle, sure hands, +ag); mino w/-ag in first game; Delf, Skaven w/extra arms; Goblin. TD differential +2.

Danse Macabre, Necro, 4-0-0, 1 rr, 4 ff, ac, cl, 880,000
Started w/2 ghouls and 2 wights. Bought wolves after games two and four. Fired wight and -av ghoul. Currently 4 zeds (one with kick), ghoul w/pass, wight w/MiB & guard, wolf w/MiB. TD differential +6. Awarded 70k in winnings EACH game!

Dead Cross, Vampire, 2-1-0, 1 rr, 3 ff, apothecary, 900,000.
Started w/ 2 vamps. Currently: three vamps (pass, strong arm), (pro, catch), (rookie); 5 thralls ( one w/+ma). TD differential +5

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"