Good Blood Bowl Sevens Team lists?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Greedy_Snitch
Rookie
Rookie

Good Blood Bowl Sevens Team lists?

Post by Greedy_Snitch »

Hi!
Coming back to Blood Bowl after a 5 year break, I am in the process of teaching my kids the game. I will start focusing on using NAFs Blood Bowl Sevens rules to shorten the length of each game.

Is there anyone who have created “competitive” Team Lists for BB Sevens? We have tried the following teams as of now:

Skaven
Human
High Elf
Orc
Dwarf

, but we can’t decide on what positionals to take for each team due to the 4 positionals cap.

I also have the minis for the following teams: Slann, Nurgle, Chaos, Lizardmen, Undead, Chaos Dwarfs, Underworld, Goblin, Dark Elf and Halflings.

One more question:

From your experience, is there any team that benefit of taking Big Ones compared to other positionals, expect for Goblins and Halflings in this format?

Thanks

_Snitch

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Good Blood Bowl Sevens Team lists?

Post by faust_33 »

Welcome back to Blood Bowl!

I'm also very interested in hearing about rosters for BB7s, as I might be giving it a shot at some point.

Our teen tried Blood Bowl a few years ago, but it was too early for him. He's better at boardgames now and often beats me. So, I think now would be a good time for me to reintroduce him to the rules. I had thought about trying BB7s to start, but he seems to grasp things quick enough now, that we will just launch into a full game, maybe broken up between two nights.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Just to avoid starting another 7s thread, I'll necro this one!

For anyone new to 7s, or unsure about whether it's worth a look, I've had an article published on the NAF site that might answer a few questions. You can find it here, feel free to share it with anyone you feel might benefit.

7s has certainly taken off quite well in my local Blood Bowl scene and I think it's a really good gateway into the game for new players, but also brings some challenges for existing coaches looking for a bit of a change, whilst retaining the key components of the game in its "proper" format.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Jip wrote:Just to avoid starting another 7s thread, I'll necro this one!

For anyone new to 7s, or unsure about whether it's worth a look, I've had an article published on the NAF site that might answer a few questions. You can find it here, feel free to share it with anyone you feel might benefit.

7s has certainly taken off quite well in my local Blood Bowl scene and I think it's a really good gateway into the game for new players, but also brings some challenges for existing coaches looking for a bit of a change, whilst retaining the key components of the game in its "proper" format.
This. Anyone interested in 7s should definitely check this article out.

7s brings a whole new (fun) set of challenges for sure :D

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
cornixt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cornixt »

Starting a league with my kids. Since no one else has actually responded to your question other than to say how awesome BB7s is, here is what I have come up with. It's difficult for some teams to use the initial cash effectively, so they might be more structured for the long haul more than the short term.

Wood Elf
3 Linemen, 1 wardancer, 1 thrower, 2 catchers (600k)

Slann
5 linement, 1 catcher, 1 blitzer, 1 reroll (590k)

Chaos Dwarf
3 Hobgoblins, 2 BC, 2 CD, 1 apothecary (570k)

Orcs
3 linemen, 2 BO, 2 blitzers, 1 reroll (590k)

Chaos
4 Beastmen, 3 warriors, 1 apothecary (590k)

Cornixt
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

We don't allow rerolls in our league (and allowing them in tournaments was the biggest debate when the NAF revised the rules), and our apothecaries are "unreliable" (you have to take the result of the 2nd roll), so those items seem a bit odd to me. Reroll for the slann is probably a good idea, though.

Wood elves - 2 wardancers, 5 linemen. You eventually want 2 catchers, no throwers.

CDs - I'd probably take the mino instead of the 2nd dwarf and apothecary. It is awkward, because you'll need to use a blitz or lucky roll to get him off the line. I just wouldn't want two MA4 players in this format. A friend of mine is debuting this line-up tonight, so I might be able to tell you how it goes for him.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

cornixt wrote:Since no one else has actually responded to your question other than to say how awesome BB7s is, here is what I have come up with.
Sorry, got caught up in the sales pitch!

Skaven
I've taken them to our last two tournaments and done well with two Blitzers (reliable blocks/blitzes), a Thrower (Sure Hands is king in 7s, in my opinion), one Gutter Runner (splash of AG4) five linerats (to reduce the impact of AV7 crumbling, but also foul a lot to help with the numbers game) and one each of the Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches.

Wood Elf
Have only seen the two Wardancer build, so far.

Slann
We've had Slann used once. Can't remember the build, but they were pretty squishy.

Chaos Dwarf
Haven't been used yet in local 7s tournaments.

Orcs
3 linemen, 2 BO, 2 blitzers, 1 reroll (590k) - this is the build I've seen used. It's the one I refer to in my article which had that re-roll stolen (twice!) by 'flings! :lol:

Chaos
Haven't been used yet in local 7s tournaments.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Dark Elves have performed solidly at 7s tourneys. I've only played one though and took the following roster:

2 x Blitzers
1 x Witch
1 x Runner
3 x Line elves

I also feel that 7s should be a good way of introducing new players to the game, both kids and adults. However, the basic rule set can be brutal. It would be good to have some guidance on how to make it less brutal for the purposes of teaching new players.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

At my 7s tournament last week we had Amazons win. The roster was

4 x Blitzer
4 x Linewomen
4 x Fanfactor

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

The first 7's I went to I used Skaven.
Rat Ogre
Blitzer
2 Gutter Runner
3 Linerats

I won 4, drew 1, to win the event. I would say the big guy was king; he controlled an entire side of the pitch by just being there, leaving the rest to run riot. The only draw was to the other Skaven team who did not have a RO.
It was the only big guy in the room.

The following 7's event the big guys ruled the roost with Pact ruining everyone's day and everyone who could have a big guy having one.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

At the Cheltenham series of BB7s pace and agility do very well, spam block skill seems to have it though. We've run 3 events and Norse have won 2 of them and Dark Elfs one. To be fair, at the last, Woodies were a 2+ GFI away from beating the Norse before rolling that 1 which would have seen them take the victory.

Overall High Elfs, Dark Elfs and Norse have dominated with us locally - but we've barely seen any Wood Elf teams at all. Skaven are also very solid performers.

Big Guys with Frenzy have been popular - there was a CD team who took a Mino at the first event and the Mino was a beast.

Now if you want a challenge . . . . I refer you to my all Snotling team :) Sounds awful but surprisingly they won 2 games but just couldn't handle Skaven and lost 1. It helps I had a Wizard and 5 Dirty Tricks cards.

I took Goblins to the last one and did ok (1-1-1 record). That team consisted of - 1 Troll, 1 Bomma (with HMP), 1 Chainsaw (with Dodge), 5 Goblins (1 with sure feet), 2 Bribes and 1 Dirty Tricks card. That's from memory, it was roughly that.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

I can see 2 options for Underworld

1:
Troll
2x Blitzer
Thrower
6x Goblins

2:
2x Blitzer
Thrower
Linerat
4x Goblins
1xRR

I suspect 2 is better, but 1 is more thematic.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

By the way, the rules for a Riot kick off result need rewriting - there's no turn 7 in 7s.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

There are a bunch of transcription errors, mainly owing to incorrect assumptions. Variants probably need to be revisited at some point for BB2016 and to address other issues that have cropped up, anyway.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

While sNAFu cleans up their act :roll: the Professor and I started playing sevens as a way to save time on our weeknight session. The dynamic seems more intense and harder to play conservatively. We play with the double costed rerolls and they are a precious luxury cum necessity! While only having played a few games, and not claiming any efficiency per se, here are some lists I came up with in my spare time:

Chaos Pact
A: 3x Marauders, Delf, Ogre, Skaven, Goblin, Reroll 590,000
B: 6x Marauders, Ogre, Reroll 580,000
C: 5x Marauders, Ogre, Skaven/Goblin, Reroll 580,000/570,000

Khemri
4x Skeletons, 2x Blitz-ras, Tomb Guardian, Reroll 580,000

Nurgle
A: 3x Rotters, 4x Pestigors, Reroll 580,000
B: 5x Rotters, Beast of Nurgle, Nurgle Warrior/Pestigor, Reroll 590,000/560,000

Vampires
6x Thralls, 2x Vampires, Reroll (good luck) 600,000

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"