BB2016 to CRP Special Play Cards Comparison

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: BB2016 to CRP Special Play Cards Comparison

Post by Lyracian »

dode74 wrote:We've been using Financial Fair Play and the Bank at 150 in Champion Cup. I think we may see it spread platform-wide, hopefully with an increase in the bank to 300k
Financial Fair Play is an excellent addition to LRB 6.0 with Bank Rule. I just think Expensive Mistakes is better than the Bank Rule and also eliminates the need to limit what the underdog can spend.

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I agree EM is better. Not entirely sure there isn't still a need to limit spending, though: some teams can simply spend more freely than others, and having an on-pitch inducement advantage in an otherwise even match can make a difference. 290k in treasury, underdog as (e.g.) orcs? Sure, buy a wizard or a bribe or two - chances are 100-150k will be enough to cover your losses in most cases.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

dode74 wrote:I agree EM is better. Not entirely sure there isn't still a need to limit spending, though: some teams can simply spend more freely than others, and having an on-pitch inducement advantage in an otherwise even match can make a difference. 290k in treasury, underdog as (e.g.) orcs? Sure, buy a wizard or a bribe or two - chances are 100-150k will be enough to cover your losses in most cases.
Open play environments like Champs Ladder might need a different rule than a 10-12 game League Season but I have not yet come across anyone doing this in FUMBBL Black Box (not to say they do not I have just not seen it). It might be an unexplored tactic so far all I have seen people doing is buying Babes to keep Treasury gold in check.

There is also that little liked new Redraft rule which may cause said Orc team to want to keep a little more cash around?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Lyracian wrote:Open play environments like Champs Ladder might need a different rule than a 10-12 game League Season but I have not yet come across anyone doing this in FUMBBL Black Box (not to say they do not I have just not seen it). It might be an unexplored tactic so far all I have seen people doing is buying Babes to keep Treasury gold in check.
They have EM in Box, right? Because it's not (and is unlikely to be) in BB2. As such we need a limit. It doesn't surprise me that people buy the odd babe. And I would probably go for 20-25 games as a "season" for a team.
There is also that little liked new Redraft rule which may cause said Orc team to want to keep a little more cash around?
The idea is to force people to cut players and keep teams in the 1400-1900TV range. While teams might *want* to keep more cash around to keep TV higher I see no reason why there shouldn't be a risk to it (either with EM's potential punishments or with carrying extra TV via bank) in order to keep teams in that bracket.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

dode74 wrote:They have EM in Box, right? Because it's not (and is unlikely to be) in BB2. As such we need a limit. It doesn't surprise me that people buy the odd babe. And I would probably go for 20-25 games as a "season" for a team.
Yes Black Box has EM. I do not disagree BB2 Computer Game is greatly improved by a limit but that is an extension of LRB 6 and Bank Rule not part of the current rules set. For BB2016 Rules I believe EM on its own is enough.

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

Yet another +1 for well reasoned case put by EastCoast and IsenMike.

We played our local league using what we thought were the BB2016 inducement rules and they were generally well received by both old and new coaches.

I think it's easy to forget how counter intuitive the LRB6 petty cash rules can be until you get your head round them.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

Couple things:

1) I have updated the card spreadsheet on google drive as per the original post.

2) I was wondering if petty cash worked as most thought in BB2016 and you could add a cap to what you bumped from the treasury what do you think is most fair and fun. Some options I have though of:
a) Only allow the underdog to add money from treasury after team values have been calculated?
b) Restrict added money from treasury to 40k, 50k, or 100k, etc?

Cheers!