A mysterious force is loose...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: A mysterious force is loose...

Post by frogboy »

Raveen wrote:Couple of thoughts:

1) The main reason to exclude these races is the lack of playtesting. Unlike Khorne and Bretts (who Darkson subtely hinted at) who have thousands (more?) of games on record to give a feel for how balanced they are, these teams are rather new and can't have had the number of games under their belt that you'd want to get a real feel for them.

2) As these rosters are a paid for extra in the app, can you publish them ahead of your tournament without falling foul (see what I did there?) of copyright law? And if you can't publish the rosters is it fair on tournament attendees to have races in the tournament that they can't look up unless they want to pay. I guess this applies to White Dwarf rules and arguably the Deathzones too.

1) I'm not overly worried about balance, blood bowl is not ballanced game. Also just want to test these out to see what they are like. "Lack of playtesting" for what, by who? Does it really matter? Its just a game, for fun, it wont be the end of the World :)

2) Nothing is free, you want to play in a tournement you need the rules, you need a team, you need a pitch etc. Bring the rules you want to use and a couple of printed/written rosters (as most tournements require) and your good to go. If you want to know all the teams before hand then purchase the rule book/Death Zone/App teams etc. If not you can look at your opponents roster on the day like everyone else :D

Really no problem at all. Easy, simple and all good fun :orc:

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Raveen wrote:Couple of thoughts:
2) As these rosters are a paid for extra in the app, can you publish them ahead of your tournament without falling foul (see what I did there?) of copyright law? And if you can't publish the rosters is it fair on tournament attendees to have races in the tournament that they can't look up unless they want to pay. I guess this applies to White Dwarf rules and arguably the Deathzones too.
Sounds like this applies to any game GW has ever made...

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Instead of be disapointed for new teams be happy that they do new stuff.

If you dont like it - dont use it

If you love it - make youe league awesome :-)