New stuff

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

New stuff

Post by stashman »

Read this on BB Community

The elves in the box are modular and not just like the others that are snap fit. Showed the sprue with loads of bits such as arms and heads.

Elf cards: which will include positional (much like the ones in the starter box) special play cards and blank cards that are designed to be written so you can put new stats or skills on.

Dice: blue and see-through with elf symbol on them. New pitch: elf specific one side a prestige grass pitch the other an iced over pitch (elves on ice anyone?)

Pack of card sleeves: Gold bloodbowl logo on the sleeve that will hold your special play cards perfectly.

Reason: ''
Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New stuff

Post by Mori-mori »

stashman wrote: Elf cards: which will include positional (much like the ones in the starter box) special play cards
Meaning? What are those "positional Special Play Cards"? Don't remember something like that neither in CRP, nor in BB2016/DZ. Do you have some list or reference?

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

I don't think he means positional special plays, he means cards with the stats and skills for each position. Quick reference cards.

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Moraiwe wrote:I don't think he means positional special plays, he means cards with the stats and skills for each position. Quick reference cards.
Gotcha.. I thought "Special Play Cards" is sort of fixed term meaning the effects cards played in match, so this sounded interesting.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I wonder how much the Elves will end up costing. Sounds pretty cool nonetheless. Wonder if the idea for the iced-over pitch side, is maybe for High Elves? Do they come from a more Northern climate?

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

stashman wrote:Showed the sprue with loads of bits such as arms and heads.
anyone got a link to the image? i would love to see the sprue.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

chsic34
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chsic34 »

mikeyc222 wrote:
stashman wrote:Showed the sprue with loads of bits such as arms and heads.
anyone got a link to the image? i would love to see the sprue.
http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.ph ... w/&page=54

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

awesome, thanks!

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

stashman wrote:Read this on BB Community

The elves in the box are modular and not just like the others that are snap fit. Showed the sprue with loads of bits such as arms and heads.

Elf cards: which will include positional (much like the ones in the starter box) special play cards and blank cards that are designed to be written so you can put new stats or skills on.

Dice: blue and see-through with elf symbol on them. New pitch: elf specific one side a prestige grass pitch the other an iced over pitch (elves on ice anyone?)

Pack of card sleeves: Gold bloodbowl logo on the sleeve that will hold your special play cards perfectly.
Wow that's a load of stuff for a team!

We have seen similar amount of additional stuff released for the previous teams. What's missing for the elves are special ball rules from White Dwarf.

Putting in positional cards in the box is something they should have done from the start with all teams. That is brilliant for new players and demo matches. Replacing the team roster with player cards (or using player cards in addition to team roster) is not something I think will work. I've seen stat cards for other games, but then you have often less than 11 cards to go through. I just don't see an improvement over the good old roster, but can be interesting to try out.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Have anybody managed to read the Frozen Pitch rules?

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

stashman wrote:Have anybody managed to read the Frozen Pitch rules?
Yea, I tried squinting at the picture to see if I could make it out! :lol:

It looks like they have footballs with gems on them, which is funny. Also laughed at the score token, spinning a football on a finger. Damned Elves.

So many Elf parts on that sprue. I'm guessing we still get two sprues?

@Baxx: I don't think the cards come with the models, looks like that's a pack you would buy separately.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

faust_33 wrote:@Baxx: I don't think the cards come with the models, looks like that's a pack you would buy separately.
yeah, that is a thicker box, so i suspect that it is a full deck of special play cards. i could always be wrong, though.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

mikeyc222 wrote:
faust_33 wrote:@Baxx: I don't think the cards come with the models, looks like that's a pack you would buy separately.
yeah, that is a thicker box, so i suspect that it is a full deck of special play cards. i could always be wrong, though.
Special Play cards always come in pairs earlier.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Can't wait for these, looking like they will marry up well with other GW kits like Harlequins for example :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

If they are indeed Special Play cards, I hope they're not usable only by (or balanced for) the team in question. There's no reasonable way to include SP cards that benefit Elves in particular if the other 23 teams won't get theirs for years, or ever.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...