SPPs for fouls

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

SPPs for fouls

Post by daloonieshaman »

Who thinks that you should be awarded SPPs for fouls (I know that the rules do not allow SPPs for fouls

Here is my reasoning
you are using vast resources and the chance to be thrown for kicking a player when he is down (Sometimes using the resources of 7 other players on your team)

and for those of you who do not like fouls in the first place bugger off this is not for you

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: SPPs for fouls

Post by Gaixo »

Back when you got SPPs for fouls, most players (and almost all linemen) took DP as their first skill because it was such an easy way to level. It also helped to win games sometimes, assuming you could avoid mass ejections.

If you want to make your league much bloodier in a hurry, SPPs for foul casualties is a good place to start. I don't think most people really want that, though.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I'm not sure. I think it would encourage the "downward spiral" of fouling a team which is already players down in an attempt to get more SPP instead of, e.g., scoring TDs to get the SPP. It would also encourage T16 fouling (although it might also discourage the opprobrium it gets), which has a lower risk threshold.
I can see the argument for: it's a Boolean outcome so is easily measured, and it has considerable risk.

I guess I'm ambivalent. Which isn't particularly helpful, but there you go :)

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

You could, but then the eye needs to come back, so you only get 1 free foul.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I think fouling is to tame nowadays (I want the +1 for the fouler and IGMEOY back), but I wouldn't want to got back to the days of SPPs for fouls.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

+1 fan factor for each foul which results in a causalty :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

-1 Fan factor from a foul which results in a sending off

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

Nah, sometimes i want that when i foul and no get ejected. but i rarely foul, because rarely have the player even to support the foul.

http://Image
Regash

Post by Regash »

frogboy wrote:+1 fan factor for each foul which results in a causalty
Although I think people should be aware of the fact that we have different categories to post in and this would belong in house rules or new concepts, I kind of like the idea. :orc:
But the +1 FF shouldn't be permanent, it would have to much impact.
Maybe just for the game as the fans go into a blood frenzy?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Regash wrote:
Although I think people should be aware of the fact that we have different categories to post in and this would belong in house rules or new concepts, I kind of like the idea. :orc:
Maybe +1 FAME for a cas, -1 FAME for a sending off? Gives fouling a long-term impact for the match, potentially fouling for cash (might need a cap on FAME?).

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

dode74 wrote:
Regash wrote:
Maybe +1 FAME for a cas, -1 FAME for a sending off? Gives fouling a long-term impact for the match, potentially fouling for cash (might need a cap on FAME?).
Not sure it is needed to penalize fouling further. You could just go with the player getting Fan favorite for the match, if the foul results in an injury. That way, it doesn't affect the gold

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

I like the Fan Favorite idea.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

so does the Fan Favorite move to different players as you share the love or do you get more than one FF

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

daloonieshaman wrote:so does the Fan Favorite move to different players as you share the love or do you get more than one FF
I would say that every player that injures someone on a foul gets it, even if ejected (which might have an impact with certain stadiums, for example). After all, it is applicable only to the match. It also fits the fluff, given fans love foul play, etc.

Anyway, I don't think it is necessary to promote fouling either, but this would be a small advantage that is fluffy.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I like it. Nice use of an existing skill. More useful the earlier the foul, too, which is in line with later fouls being less risky (i.e. less time off the pitch).