Too much scale creep

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

you like 'em big?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 am

I like this new 32mm scale
38%
I don't like this new 32mm scale
34%
I hate this new 32mm scale
14%
I have no oppinion
14%

Total votes: 64

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Too much scale creep

Post by rolo »

bound for glory wrote:28MM. This new 32mm is not really bad when you line a smaller team up against them. Its no big deal or a deal breaker. I just prefer the smaller figures.
My wife told me that the player's size doesn't matter, even the little ones can score touchdowns and make fans happy.

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

I prefer something between like the starplayers
http://www.starplayershop.com
miniatures are as tall as BB humans but not so big

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

rolo wrote:
bound for glory wrote:28MM. This new 32mm is not really bad when you line a smaller team up against them. Its no big deal or a deal breaker. I just prefer the smaller figures.
My wife told me that the player's size doesn't matter, even the little ones can score touchdowns and make fans happy.
Sometimes wives lie, to make you feel better. ;)

Height bugs me a little, but weight can even be more noticeable (plastic vs metal). I've been trying to figure out a way to weigh down the plastic minis. Mainly by making the base heavier. Yea, I know, you can add fishing weights, washers, etc., but the minis always get tipped, and then the underside of the base looks weird. One of those things that is always going to nag me.

Pomguo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pomguo »

For the weighting issue, I ordered separate bases without the slot, so that the underside of each is flat, then glued a small metal weighted disc to the bottom of each. Cut the slot part off each mini and glued them by their feet. This is probably pretty hard with some of the one-foot poses, though.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I fill plastic slot bases with milliput and then sand them smooth.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

rolo wrote:I fill plastic slot bases with milliput and then sand them smooth.
Nice! I hadn't tried that yet, will have to give it a go. I think the easiest thing would be all metal bases, but it's probably cost prohibitive for most mini manufacturers.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Why would you need weights in the bases? 32mm is super steady!

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Baxx wrote:Why would you need weights in the bases? 32mm is super steady!
Well I started way back, when minis were all made out of lead/pewter. While I appreciate the affordability and some of the advantages of plastic minis, I still prefer the "heft" of metal. I find I'm mostly collecting plastic minis nowadays, so I'm on a personal mission to find some sort of solution to weigh them down. This is probably best as its own thread, which I'll likely post someday, especially as I try out different things. Thanks for the suggestions so far though.