Sponsorships, Rostered Stars and Stadiums

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Sponsorships, Rostered Stars and Stadiums

Post by stashman »

Glamdryn wrote:
Milo wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:We are toying with adding a house rule to On-Going Sponsorships that treats the initial sponsorship as a one off and then you get the as written on-going 1d3 gold. It makes On-Going much more lucrative best case compared to trying for a one off every match. It also makes the feel of On-Going Sponsorships much more epic with the potential for a huge influx of cash.

Does anyone see an issue with this house rule?
My only concern would the reduction in value (comparatively) to the one-time sponsorships. Why would you ever choose a one-time sponsorship, if the ongoing one gets you almost as much gold immediately and more over the long run?

But if you want to do this in your league, that's up to you.
It's easier to get the one time.
???? How much easier???? :-)

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Glamdryn wrote:
Milo wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:We are toying with adding a house rule to On-Going Sponsorships that treats the initial sponsorship as a one off and then you get the as written on-going 1d3 gold. It makes On-Going much more lucrative best case compared to trying for a one off every match. It also makes the feel of On-Going Sponsorships much more epic with the potential for a huge influx of cash.

Does anyone see an issue with this house rule?
My only concern would the reduction in value (comparatively) to the one-time sponsorships. Why would you ever choose a one-time sponsorship, if the ongoing one gets you almost as much gold immediately and more over the long run?

But if you want to do this in your league, that's up to you.
It's easier to get the one time.
Uhm, I hate to be argumentative, but no, it's not:

"If the result is 20 or more, the coach can accept either a One-time Sponsorship or an Ongoing Sponsorship." [DZ2, pg. 29]

You may be thinking of Major Sponsorships, which require a result of 25 or more.

Milo

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Milo is correct. I imagined they had additional modifiers to the sponsorship roll (like ongoing is 23+ or something).

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

Misread. We'll see how it goes.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

We are using these new rules in our current league.
Had some fun with "Desperate for Exposure" stadium effective doubling winning in the first round match.
Two teams managed to get an Ongoing Sponsor after there second game. Mine was helped by having a FF =7 for a total of +10 the other guy rolled a 16 + FF2 and winning bonus to pass the threshold.

stashman

Post by stashman »

My Dark Elf team has the Steelhelm's Sporting Emporium Major Sponsorship, rolling 3 dice on skill-ups.

Got a double and took Guard, but drawback is that the player have MNG.

We play 7 match league + cup, play-offs and a tournament - around 12 games.

Its a really good Sponsor but I feel that I have to 're-draft' most of the team after this season (2) so I can use it to build new power rookies. Players going into a third season and that can be expensive (+60k) so I'll keep only my best oldies (blitzer MA9, Blitzer AG5, Lineman ST4+Guard). Will not Redraft standard block, dodge players.

Dont play with witch elfs - just to keep down the TV and all players have AV8. Going to hire Hubris for the rest of the season also.

Really love the new Blood Bowl and DZ

Hope for more types of Sponsorships, infamous coaching staff and new rules that can make you 'build' on your stadium (more seats - extra fans, vendors - extra cash, halftime shows - extra... And so on.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Fun and fluff before reason :-)

Took Hail Mary Pass on a dwarf blocker in the hoped for a FARBLAST & SONS ORDNANCE SOLUTIONS sponsor so he can throw bombs :-)

Will be cool once (if) I get the deal.

stashman

Post by stashman »

We play with rostered Star Players and today I hired Hubri Rakarth to my DE team :-)

Sweet addition to the team.
http://www.malmo.bloodbowlleague.com/de ... p=ro&t=bla

zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zebulon »

Hi Coach.

I'm a league commissionner and I have a question.

One coach in our league want to find a sponsorship.
But he only want the major sponsorship so he plan to refuse both ongoing or one time sponsorship if he get a 20 to 24 result.

Is this thing possible?

For the moment we answer that when you ask for sponsorship, and ask is positive, you must choose one.

Thanks in d'avance for help.

Ligue BN
stashman

Post by stashman »

Rules says: "can accept"

Can is not must.

If the deal is not good enough - dont sign the paper :-)

stashman

Post by stashman »

If you gain an Ongoing Sponsorship, do you get d3 gold in the same match or do you have to wait until after next match is played to gain the cash?

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

stashman wrote:If you gain an Ongoing Sponsorship, do you get d3 gold in the same match or do you have to wait until after next match is played to gain the cash?
I believe it's the later. It's about a specific phase when you are allowed to choose Sponsor - it happens after you rolled for winnings, and Ongoing just allows you to get D3x10k gold more when you roll for winnings (One Time just gives you money immediately).