Death Zone season 3, what might be

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Death Zone season 3, what might be

Post by Regash »

An undead themed DZ3 sound about right to me.
Dungeonbowl, if ever, will be released as a standalone product, maybe even with dungeon tiles.

Wizards, as they have been mentioned in DZ2, also wouldn't surprise me much.

Probably a bunch of new star players for the new teams as well.

Am I the only one who is kind of creeped out by this flood of new stars?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Regash wrote: Am I the only one who is kind of creeped out by this flood of new stars?
Going by the straw poll I conducted over the weekend, yes.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Regash wrote:Am I the only one who is kind of creeped out by this flood of new stars?
Why would you be creeped out by new stars? In my mind, it continues to add to the evolving, growing world of Blood Bowl. (And, for that matter, speaking only for myself, I'm far less concerned about the ACCURACY of fluff than the SPIRIT and humor. I can accept the occasional goof as long as the background bits continue to make me laugh and deepen my affection for the crazy, wacky world of Blood Bowl.)

Milo

stashman

Post by stashman »

Milo wrote:
Regash wrote:Am I the only one who is kind of creeped out by this flood of new stars?
Why would you be creeped out by new stars? In my mind, it continues to add to the evolving, growing world of Blood Bowl. (And, for that matter, speaking only for myself, I'm far less concerned about the ACCURACY of fluff than the SPIRIT and humor. I can accept the occasional goof as long as the background bits continue to make me laugh and deepen my affection for the crazy, wacky world of Blood Bowl.)
Yes! Just like WFB/40k characters.

I never ever understood the CRP thingy with max 6 starplayers a team could choose from.

More fluff, More stars, more sponsorships

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

I am really loving the new Star Players and the new evolving Blood Bowl fluff. It's beginning to feel like the early 90s again :)

DZ season 3 would make sense to focus on the undead teams. They have been a bit obvious in their absence in the last 2 books.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Regash

Post by Regash »

Hm, I always thought the 6-stars-per-roster a good idea.
But then, rethinking it, it probably mostly goes with the quality of stars that are available for your team.
Like, let's say humans could only have two but they are superb players and goblins could have 12 but they're all a bit unreliable and crappy, like your average goblin is, they'd still be off worse.

I don't think it is the actual numbers of star players that creeps me out, no, I love the fluff about those outstanding players in the sport.
It's rather the ton of exceptionally good stars available for already very competetive teams/players, making the next of your defeats even worse.

And also, I'm just now trying to get a miniature for each of them and basically got them all and now new ones are released... :( :lol:

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Regash wrote: And also, I'm just now trying to get a miniature for each of them and basically got them all and now new ones are released... :( :lol:
Now THAT I can agree with! GW is definitely making it harder on completists. But if it helps any, I think there will be a longer gap between DZ2 and DZ3 than there was between DZ1 and DZ2, which will give you some more time to collect before the next set of new stars appear.

Milo

garion

Post by garion »

Wizard rules -
with Zaap returning I hope

New teams -
Khemri - With decay removed, and thick skull on positionals
Vamps, Undead, Necromantic - Probably all unchanged

Star Players - 12 of them
Old -
Ramtut III - Plase give him Block back, this was a terrible change.
Count Luthor Von Drakenborg
Wilhelm Chaney
Crazy Igor
Setekh
Sinnedbad

New/returning -
Should definitely be added -
Frank N'Stein (please please please please bring him back, he's been missing far too long)
"Spider" Mckenzie

maybe -
G'Ral Bloodsucker
Rhamaket
Wrag Bonesnapper
Boomer Skeleson 'aka' the Mad Bomber
Roger Mortis
Throttlegrim the Elder
'Dirty' Ghurty
Jason Friday
Scarlet Cummins
Plague Moore
Konsu

There was also a skeleton with a blunderbuss at one point but can't recall his name something bone i think?

Inducements -
Igor

Some more (In)famous coaching specific to the undead teams, maybe some race specific wizards, like Rune Smith for dwarfs,

Hall of Fame -
Westside Werewolves
Champions of Death
Black Sabbeths
Dekka's Decomposing Decimators

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Yes there was a skeleton with a blunderbuss - he was Daniel Bone. There was also the skeleton Bombardier called The Mad Bomber. The latter already made a re-appearance as the guest of honour at Auld World Masters III. I do hope they don't bring too many old star back or my tournament will struggle (our theme is making a mini for an old and forgotten star).

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

I would like to see thrud make a come back, I would also like GW to recognise slann as a team, will this ever happen?

garion

Post by garion »

Wobert wrote:Yes there was a skeleton with a blunderbuss - he was Daniel Bone. There was also the skeleton Bombardier called The Mad Bomber. The latter already made a re-appearance as the guest of honour at Auld World Masters III. I do hope they don't bring too many old star back or my tournament will struggle (our theme is making a mini for an old and forgotten star).

yes thanks, Daniel Bone. Well remembered :smoking: . Yeah i listed the Mad Bomber above.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

fire olli wrote:I would like to see thrud make a come back
Thrudd doesn't belong to GW, he belongs to the artist Carl Critchlow. He decides where he appears or not.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

fire olli wrote: I would also like GW to recognise slann as a team, will this ever happen?
Im on the same page but I doubt it will ever happen.
Shame, cause its a fun roster.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Meh, if the re-release does well enough and they finish making all of their current teams, they may very well consider making miniatures for the Slann roster. The main reason (if I remember the interview correctly) it's not supported right now is because they don't have miniatures for it.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

Is there any reason not to, now they are making new models? I understand it was a no go when they had no intention of making any new figures (and the only official Blood Bowl 'figures' were the cardboard 1st edition ones), but given they are a solid part of the old fluff which the new developers seem to be embracing, then why not?

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"