Death Zone season 3, what might be

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Death Zone season 3, what might be

Post by straume »

Any suggested timeline on relese of DZ3? Are we talking before the New Year? Do we even have confirmed that there will be DZ3?

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Don't have a timeline for DZ3 yet, although I'll say there's likely to be a longer gap between DZ2 and DZ3 than there was between DZ1 and DZ2. The timeline for DZ2 was moved up to get rules out for more teams that could be built with the existing releases, especially in light of the decision to switch to plastic teams (which extended the production timeline for many of the teams in DZ1.)

Milo

fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fanglord13 »

Wish list for Undead team changes:

Khemri - remove decay and add thick skull to bitzras/throwras

Vampires - maximum of a KO from Bloodlust and/or Thick Skull on Thralls

Undead - Mummies to have Grab instead of Mighty Blow

Necromantic - no change

Zzap! should return for wizards and they should cost 200kp

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

garion wrote:Is there any chance of a 2nd Troll coming out at some point. I quite like the 1st (though i seem to be in the minority here), but having 2 on the pitch in a throwing pose looks really bad. I think if we could get a 2nd version i think it would sell really well.

If the people in this new playtest group can please communicate that there is demand for a 2nd version of the troll that would be good.
Yea, I bought GW's latest troll, and tried to reposition his arm away from his face. He still looks very awkward, because he is standing on one foot. I ended up deciding to go with another line for my trolls. Too bad, as I kinda like the new Troll.

@Milo: Yea, I would be just fine with them releasing Star Player big guys in the meantime, instead of more regular Big Guys. Works fine for a proxy. Though I hope we never have another "Hthark the Unstoppable" scenario, where he's the only available (official) model for a Bull Centaur.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

JT-Y wrote:Mino is brand new. Elves will all be different though you'll have to wait, the Union are still in the early stages of plastic production and it isn't a quick process.
thanks for the info. i figured we would probably get completely different minis for each team, but it's nice to get confirmation. i understand the delays in shifting from resin to plastic, and am happy to wait however long it takes to ease the burden on my wallet. i may or may not speak for others, but i appreciate the effort you guys are putting in.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Do I need to buy all those new DZ books, or they are sort of cumulative updates? Should I just wait till DZ season 10 and buy just it?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

All of them.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

fanglord13 wrote:Wish list for Undead team changes:

Necromantic - no change

Very nice! This should have stamp of approval.
Milo wrote:Don't have a timeline for DZ3 yet, although I'll say there's likely to be a longer gap between DZ2 and DZ3 than there was between DZ1 and DZ2. The timeline for DZ2 was moved up to get rules out for more teams that could be built with the existing releases, especially in light of the decision to switch to plastic teams (which extended the production timeline for many of the teams in DZ1.)
This is of course the "complete package" way of doing things. But as the rules for the teams are already many years old, Death Zone does not offer playability of new teams. And new teams so far don't offer maximum playability either.

I'd be happy with GW releasing any team without DZ support. I'd be happy with GW releasing DZ without team support (as they have done for many teams already, Nurgle, elves...). I didn't need DZ2 to be rushed to play with the new minis (GW/FW haven't released the positionals yet).

DZ adds the useless stuff (name changes, old Star Players, unchanged teams) and new value (new Star Players, changes to price, stats, skills on existing teams and new rules). Right now the game is quite packed with new stuff: more than 70 star players, 4 new alternative teams, 2 new weather tables, 1 new kick-off table, 6 new referees, 39 match events, 24 stadiums, sponsorships, new inducements, rostered star players, bunch of cards and team specific ball rules.This is quite rich! Can there be more stuff packed on top of all this? If DZ3 is gonna take a while to be released, what about it just have all the rest of the teams replacing any new stuff?

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Darkson wrote:All of them.
Each of them is roughly of size of CRP manual.. What do they contain?

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Mori-mori wrote:
You've been missing out. Go watch youube, there's long videoes describing all the content.

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Baxx wrote:
Mori-mori wrote:
You've been missing out. Go watch youube, there's long videoes describing all the content.
Checked em.. So, aside from relatively few new optional rules (stadiums, referees, sponsorship etc), it's like mostly the same content, with some adjustments to certain skills and star players, and a LOT of fluff and arts. Well.. I guess I'll wait for some discounts :3

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

fanglord13 wrote:Khemri - remove decay and add thick skull to bitzras/throwras

Necromantic - no change
Khemri: I think one of the other, but not both.
Vamps - Thick Skull yes, max of KO no.
Undead - no, no, no, no, no.
Necromantic -I'd like to see them get the option of a skeleton, just because.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Darkson wrote:
fanglord13 wrote:
Undead - no, no, no, no, no.
I have to agree with this.
I have tested the grab mummies and they change the way Undead are played completely.
They are just not undead anymore.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

fanglord13 wrote:Wish list for Undead team changes:

Necromantic - no change

Khemri - 100% yes i think the whole Blood Bowl world is in agreement here. Decay has to go. Thick Skull I could live with if it was just on the blitz ra. but really it should be on both positionals.

Vamps - No, not with you on either. They are fine, they are meant to be tier 2. We don't need more tier 1 teams.

Undead - please no, they are fine as they are lets not make every team beige please.

Zzap - yes please. Would love Zzap back.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Mori-mori wrote: Checked em.. So, aside from relatively few new optional rules (stadiums, referees, sponsorship etc), it's like mostly the same content, with some adjustments to certain skills and star players, and a LOT of fluff and arts. Well.. I guess I'll wait for some discounts :3
You want to make a point about relative few changes and only mention a few changes, ignoring stuff like rostered star players, (In)Famous Coaching Staff, new Star Players, new team positionals and Hall of Fame teams. Don't under-represent the content to try make a point it's mostly the same content. It's not. The book is packet with new stuff.