Chaos Renegades DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Chaos Renegades DZ2

Post by MacHurto »

They get an orc lineman, apparently.

Nice fluff addition, imho, although it seems to be a bit superfluous (other than LOS fodder). Guess the rule about limiting the number of positional jumped out of the window with the goblin roster :-)

Reason: ''
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Chaos Renegades DZ2

Post by Bakunin »

If he is 50k, you would totally buy him and put him on the line. MissSweden must be happy.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

It was inspired by wanting to better reflect the original Mongrel Horde.

He's a handy AV9 body to stand on the LoS. Gets Mutation access. Does not get Strength access because, well, he doesn't need it.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
garion

Post by garion »

cool, good fluffy change.

To the OP, were there other changes to the roster? Specifically have the marauders been given a more sensible skill access or do they still have GSPM on singles?

OMG FAT RAT looks so awesome... Glart Snr is one fat rat

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

garion wrote:cool, good fluffy change.

To the OP, were there other changes to the roster? Specifically have the marauders been given a more sensible skill access or do they still have GSPM on singles?
No idea. Someone posted it on Facebook but the picture was blurry and later it was taken down. Think they were called human Marauders but it would be a big nerf to reduce their access so it is unlikely.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

JT-Y wrote:It was inspired by wanting to better reflect the original Mongrel Horde.

He's a handy AV9 body to stand on the LoS. Gets Mutation access. Does not get Strength access because, well, he doesn't need it.
I see. Why not linemen from other evil races like beastmen and chorfs which could also fit in the fluff? Was it considered too many positionals/too large a buff?

garion

Post by garion »

MacHurto wrote:
garion wrote:cool, good fluffy change.

No idea. Someone posted it on Facebook but the picture was blurry and later it was taken down. Think they were called human Marauders but it would be a big nerf to reduce their access so it is unlikely.
I just want them to lose P access. It just feels very very wrong. since day 1 felt they should just have 0-2 GPM 6338 Pass player on the roster so people can build their favourite players like Duke Luthor Von Hawkfire etc.... Giving 16 players P access just feels lame.
MacHurto wrote:
JT-Y wrote:It was inspired by wanting to better reflect the original Mongrel Horde.

I see. Why not linemen from other evil races like beastmen and chorfs which could also fit in the fluff? Was it considered too many positionals/too large a buff?
because they are basing the material on 2nd ed fluff. They could equally have went more Chaos all Star themed and included a snotling, or Snakeman, but instead went the mongrel horde route, adding an Orc which makes sense as Orc miniatures exist.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Adding a Chaos Dwarf (Block, Tackle, and ST access) or a Gor (Horns) would have changed the power level.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

JT-Y wrote:Adding a Chaos Dwarf (Block, Tackle, and ST access) or a Gor (Horns) would have changed the power level.
Yes, very likely for the dwarf. The beastman is not that different from a marauder but might have made the Mino redundant which is, of course, a bad idea. Good to see there is a balance of trying to go for the fluff while not making too many changes.
garion wrote: because they are basing the material on 2nd ed fluff. They could equally have went more Chaos all Star themed and included a snotling, or Snakeman, but instead went the mongrel horde route, adding an Orc which makes sense as Orc miniatures exist.
They also had made to order for chorfs and chaos ;-)

I admit I had just looked at some rules for the mongrel horde that included all type of races. Don't know if there were rules in 2ed that only included the races in the picture (which are only a representation of all of them, I'd think). In any case, the orc is a minor aesthetic change that I think is good

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Though the roster is meant to represent the Chaos All-Stars?
(Not that I disagree with the addition, just seems strange to change the target of the roster.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Darkson wrote:
(Not that I disagree with the addition, just seems strange to change the target of the roster.)
I don't know, Garak Grigolson could very well be an Orc. After all, he has a green hand in this picture:

Heroic_Tackle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Heroic_Tackle »

Orc Lino - cool in my book. Nice addition to the team.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Darkson wrote:
The Chaos All-Stars is only one example of a Chaos Renegade team, but there are specific rules for them in the historical teams section.

Milo

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Milo wrote:
Darkson wrote:
The Chaos All-Stars is only one example of a Chaos Renegade team, but there are specific rules for them in the historical teams section.
The "specific rules" you're mentioning are in DZ2? Or is it something I overlooked?

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

^ Hall Of Fame teams.