Chaos Renegades DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Chaos Renegades DZ2

Post by kyrre »

MacHurto wrote:
JT-Y wrote:Adding a Chaos Dwarf (Block, Tackle, and ST access) or a Gor (Horns) would have changed the power level.
Yes, very likely for the dwarf. The beastman is not that different from a marauder but might have made the Mino redundant which is, of course, a bad idea. Good to see there is a balance of trying to go for the fluff while not making too many changes.
They could add a non-longbeard dwarf to the team. This is obviously contrary to every other player on the team which are regular linemen. I like the diversity so adding a non-breaking dwarf to the roster would be a welcome addition. The black dwarf roster on fumbbl have a lineman without tackle. If you also remove block you could have

4 3 2 9 animosity, thick skull GSM for 50,000. Probably not overpowered.

As for the gor/beastman, just add horns on a level 1 maurader and you are good to go. I am very happy that they added the orc.

Reason: ''
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

kyrre wrote:
MacHurto wrote:
JT-Y wrote:Adding a Chaos Dwarf (Block, Tackle, and ST access) or a Gor (Horns) would have changed the power level.
Yes, very likely for the dwarf. The beastman is not that different from a marauder but might have made the Mino redundant which is, of course, a bad idea. Good to see there is a balance of trying to go for the fluff while not making too many changes.
They could add a non-longbeard dwarf to the team. This is obviously contrary to every other player on the team which are regular linemen. I like the diversity so adding a non-breaking dwarf to the roster would be a welcome addition. The black dwarf roster on fumbbl have a lineman without tackle. If you also remove block you could have

4 3 2 9 animosity, thick skull GSM for 50,000. Probably not overpowered.

As for the gor/beastman, just add horns on a level 1 maurader and you are good to go. I am very happy that they added the orc.
actually, the orc lineman is already a very nice improvement to the team.
it will be used a "blocker", to be put on the LOS.
the dwarf would be even nicer :)

this way, i would have the availability, to choose between the ogre/troll/dwarf/orc/mauraders, what to put on the LOS depending of the opponent.

same way, when i play pact, i do love to hire zzharg, to have one more blocker on the team

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

I don't think the Orc makes much difference to the team, but it does give people a use for one of the copious amount of linemen you get in the Orc teams.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

AV9 50k lino...............that improves any team..........bar orcs of course. Add to that thick skull for the same price.............that's pretty great. Animosity causes about the same effect as a gnat pissing in a pint of beer.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

harvestmouse wrote:AV9 50k lino...............that improves any team..........bar orcs of course. Add to that thick skull for the same price.............that's pretty great. Animosity causes about the same effect as a gnat pissing in a pint of beer.
Animosity does very little since he will hardly ever see the ball but lack of Strength Access means you are not building all your line-fodder with Guard. Like the Skaven the Orc is a useful option for a starting team but I am not sure he will be kept once the team has developed.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Lyracian wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:AV9 50k lino...............that improves any team..........bar orcs of course. Add to that thick skull for the same price.............that's pretty great. Animosity causes about the same effect as a gnat pissing in a pint of beer.
Animosity does very little since he will hardly ever see the ball but lack of Strength Access means you are not building all your line-fodder with Guard. Like the Skaven the Orc is a useful option for a starting team but I am not sure he will be kept once the team has developed.
The line orc is just AV9 LOS fodder. As such, it is useful at any TV except against claw

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Milo wrote:
faust_33 wrote: What's the difference between the App rules and the ePUB rules? I don't see DZ2 in the app yet, but that's probably the way I would go.
Personally, I like to use iBooks to read my rulebooks, because I can create a shelf in iBooks specifically for Blood Bowl, and have other PDFs I've downloaded (Teams of Legend, Special Card Variant rules, etc.) in one spot.
Hey Milo, just wanted to follow up on this. I purchased the rulebook through the My Dugout app, but it looks like the only way to open it is in the app itself. Unless I'm missing something? Did you buy the ePub version and that's how you use it with iBooks?

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

MacHurto wrote:
Lyracian wrote:
The line orc is just AV9 LOS fodder. As such, it is useful at any TV except against claw
More useful than the skaven i can build a roster with the orc, but no with the skaven.

http://Image
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

faust_33 wrote:
Milo wrote:
faust_33 wrote: What's the difference between the App rules and the ePUB rules? I don't see DZ2 in the app yet, but that's probably the way I would go.
Personally, I like to use iBooks to read my rulebooks, because I can create a shelf in iBooks specifically for Blood Bowl, and have other PDFs I've downloaded (Teams of Legend, Special Card Variant rules, etc.) in one spot.
Hey Milo, just wanted to follow up on this. I purchased the rulebook through the My Dugout app, but it looks like the only way to open it is in the app itself. Unless I'm missing something? Did you buy the ePub version and that's how you use it with iBooks?
I bought BOTH the in-app versions AND the iBooks ePUBs, so that's how I can view it in both. I agree that it would be better for GW to offer a method of doing both versions with one purchase, but it is what it is. I used to buy 40k codexes in hardback AND in iBooks, so I'm used to it.

Milo

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Thanks Milo. It wasn't so much a question of "Why would do I have to buy both?!". More in the lines of "I would like to open them in pdf via iBooks, how do I do that?". But you basically answered that "the iBooks ePUBs".

That might be my preference going forward, but I won't really know until I buy the ePUBs version. I do have to say that the app is pretty responsive and you can quickly scroll through pages. I wish chapter marks had been included in the first rulebook and DZ1 though, as I found them very useful for DZ2.

Anyways, question answered, back to Chaos Renegades DZ2 talk!

Not specifically a DZ2 question, but do most Chaos Renegade coaches take all three big guys? I've been thinking about trying out a Chaos Renegades team or Underworld Denizens, as we've never played with either of them.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

faust_33 wrote:That might be my preference going forward, but I won't really know until I buy the ePUBs version. I do have to say that the app is pretty responsive and you can quickly scroll through pages. I wish chapter marks had been included in the first rulebook and DZ1 though, as I found them very useful for DZ2.
One thing to note, there is the possibility to buy both DZ books together at a discount. If you do this, though, you get one single EPUB with both books in it back to back (so paging forward from the last page of DZ1 takes you to the cover of DZ2.) I've gotten used to it, and it's even handy in some ways, but wanted to make sure you knew before you bought them.
faust_33 wrote:Anyways, question answered, back to Chaos Renegades DZ2 talk!

Not specifically a DZ2 question, but do most Chaos Renegade coaches take all three big guys? I've been thinking about trying out a Chaos Renegades team or Underworld Denizens, as we've never played with either of them.
Personally, I would -- three big guys is the main selling point to me for a Renegade team. But I've heard some coaches don't hire the Minotaur because Wild Animal can be so frustrating. I think the Ogre and Troll are pretty universal, though.

Milo

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Milo wrote:

Personally, I would -- three big guys is the main selling point to me for a Renegade team. But I've heard some coaches don't hire the Minotaur because Wild Animal can be so frustrating. I think the Ogre and Troll are pretty universal, though.
Honestly, it really depends is the answer. The best roster, as in the one with the greatest chance of winning is -

1 Troll
1 Dark Elf
1 Orc
8 Marauders
1 Goblin
4 Re-rolls
1 Apothecary
Total 1000k

This way you never need to buy another apo, or any more rrs. Your team is already complete. your money is just for inducements and replacements.

The Skaven is pointless, someone here always tries to claim otherwise, but honestly the team is better off without. Av7 sucks on a bash team like this. His skill access makes him a waste of time. G only adds nothing to your team, marauders are much better. If he had A access he would be worthwhile but he doesn't.

The goblin, you can take or leave, he doesn't add much, other than a One turn touch down attempt.

The new Orc only has one job - to stand on the LoS and get hit.

Troll over ogre because he is cheaper and has regen. Only 1 big guy because they are unreliable and cause you more problems than your opponent.

Get the dark elf skilled up asap. Blodge Sure hands, ss, tackle

Get a marauder Leader at some point and then drop a rr. Saving 50k. Block as 2nd skill, kick as 3rd if he gets there.

Then you want Block, Mb, Claw, Tackle on 4 marauders.

Then block and guard on the rest.

Once the team is skilled up you can drop another rr if you can handle 2 and leader. Even drop the troll and goblin if you really want and abuse inducements. Your team will be more TV cost effective than any in the game because of the skill access given to the marauders. Though building your team can take a little while.

Final note- with the new inducements if you are using them, take the new wizard in every single game. If you are the tv underdog spend that 80k on the wiz. if you are the TV leader spend 80k , 2 slightly inaccurate fireballs are huge especially when you have a dark elf on hand to grab the ball and run away.

Now if you only play a short season, say 10 games, then reset teams and start again. The above guide wont work. In which case you are probably better off using 2 Big Guys and try and get them to do the bashing.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

garion wrote:Honestly, it really depends is the answer. The best roster, as in the one with the greatest chance of winning is -
For maximum efficience that is probably the best roster but if you all you are doing is building them as Killer Khaos with an Elf is it really worth it? The sad truth is the team plays better without the Big Guys.
garion wrote:The Skaven is pointless, someone here always tries to claim otherwise, but honestly the team is better off without.
The goblin, you can take or leave, he doesn't add much,
Troll over ogre because he is cheaper and has regen
I find the extra movement useful for being a Safty and if he rolls +MV he can be a better one-turn player than the Goblin. That said the Skaven and Orc both fall in the category of worst than a Marauder long term as neither can get Guard as a normal skill. The Goblin can take Two-heads/Big Hand and a be a ball retrieval threat. While the Troll is more cost efficient to just stand on the line I prefer the Ogre becuase he can operate without a minder and will not eat the Goblin.
garion wrote:Now if you only play a short season, say 10 games, then reset teams and start again. The above guide wont work. In which case you are probably better off using 2 Big Guys and try and get them to do the bashing.
This is where the team should be aiming for using the Big Guys supported by Marauders with Guard.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

garion wrote:
The Skaven is pointless, someone here always tries to claim otherwise, but honestly the team is better off without. Av7 sucks on a bash team like this. His skill access makes him a waste of time. G only adds nothing to your team, marauders are much better. If he had A access he would be worthwhile but he doesn't.

Well if you are talking resurrection, MissSweden is by far the best Chaos Pact coach in the world.
He always takes the Skaven and gives it Wrestle.

The Orc linemen will just help to be a great boxing ball for other teams killers/big guy

https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?mod ... e=rankings

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

garion wrote:
Milo wrote:

Honestly, it really depends is the answer. The best roster, as in the one with the greatest chance of winning is -

1 Troll
1 Dark Elf
1 Orc
8 Marauders
1 Goblin
4 Re-rolls
1 Apothecary
Total 1000k

This way you never need to buy another apo, or any more rrs. Your team is already complete. your money is just for inducements and replacements.

The goblin, you can take or leave, he doesn't add much, other than a One turn touch down attempt.

The new Orc only has one job - to stand on the LoS and get hit.

Troll over ogre because he is cheaper and has regen. Only 1 big guy because they are unreliable and cause you more problems than your opponent.

Get a marauder Leader at some point and then drop a rr. Saving 50k. Block as 2nd skill, kick as 3rd if he gets there.

Then block and guard on the rest.

Once the team is skilled up you can drop another rr if you can handle 2 and leader. Even drop the troll and goblin if you really want and abuse inducements. Your team will be more TV cost effective than any in the game because of the skill access given to the marauders. Though building your team can take a little while.

Final note- with the new inducements if you are using them, take the new wizard in every single game. If you are the tv underdog spend that 80k on the wiz. if you are the TV leader spend 80k , 2 slightly inaccurate fireballs are huge especially when you have a dark elf on hand to grab the ball and run away.

Now if you only play a short season, say 10 games, then reset teams and start again. The above guide wont work. In which case you are probably better off using 2 Big Guys and try and get them to do the bashing.
+1