New Starplayers

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New Starplayers

Post by faust_33 »

JT-Y wrote:
stashman wrote:When does a Elf team have 390k inducements?
When all your positionals are dead and injured and you're stuck fielding a team of journeymen and rookies. Been there!
Ouch.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay ... saw the new pages.

Now I want to run Skaven to play both the father and the son on a team together since the old stars are still NAF legal.

Probably would lose every game ... but I would enjoy being able to do the father/son combo on the pitch.

Glart
Glart Jr.
Thrower
Gutter Runner
9 Linemen
1000k total

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

GalakStarscraper wrote:...since the old stars are still NAF legal.
I'm not correcting or contradicting you, this just provides the chance to say here something I want to get out there and have to keep saying on Facebook.

All the old Stars are still fully legal, NAF, GW tournaments, whatever.

The game is essentially unchanged, so they still work. GW has printed full Star Players lists from the CRP for all of their BB events. The old ones are totally usable.
Thing is, GW won't print everything all in one go because that means they can't make changes later on should they wish. Stuff printed is probably best thought of as stuff they're working on models for and have reviewed the rules for.
It absolutely doesn't mean that old ones are gone. The Verminator doesn't replace Fezglitch (I don't know why that keeps getting asked on FB), but we must accept that some might never get reprinted or a new model.

Right, carry on guys. I just wanted to get that out there. It's common sense really. We're all grown ups here and probably knew that already.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Now I want to run Skaven to play both the father and the son on a team together since the old stars are still NAF legal.
And me for my Underworld team!

With both list of Stars available, Underworld are probably the team that get some of the best med price stars right now (Skitter, Glart, Glart Jr and Madcap).

Kick off return was my idea :)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6355&p=174621#p174621
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

JT-Y states:
The Verminator doesn't replace Fezglitch (I don't know why that keeps getting asked on FB), but we must accept that some might never get reprinted or a new model.
The reason is Jonathon, that if he doesn't - there's two, very similar, star players out there. They can then play together on the same team. Does two of them make that suddenly broken (when combined with bribes?)

I was thinking something similar about fielding BOTH Karla and Zara on the same team, and Tom has already discussed the Smashrip Family team.
So the question is important. Which stars stay from the CRP and which are replaced? It's an important question, and one that needs answering - perhaps by GW, perhaps by the NAF, perhaps by individual tournament organisers.

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Okay ... saw the new pages.

Now I want to run Skaven to play both the father and the son on a team together since the old stars are still NAF legal.

Probably would lose every game ... but I would enjoy being able to do the father/son combo on the pitch.

Glart
Glart Jr.
Thrower
Gutter Runner
9 Linemen
1000k total
A skaven team with a CAT Stevens as a coach?!?
I like it.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

JT-Y wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:...since the old stars are still NAF legal.
I'm not correcting or contradicting you, this just provides the chance to say here something I want to get out there and have to keep saying on Facebook.

All the old Stars are still fully legal, NAF, GW tournaments, whatever.

The game is essentially unchanged, so they still work. GW has printed full Star Players lists from the CRP for all of their BB events. The old ones are totally usable.
Thing is, GW won't print everything all in one go because that means they can't make changes later on should they wish. Stuff printed is probably best thought of as stuff they're working on models for and have reviewed the rules for.
It absolutely doesn't mean that old ones are gone. The Verminator doesn't replace Fezglitch (I don't know why that keeps getting asked on FB), but we must accept that some might never get reprinted or a new model.

Right, carry on guys. I just wanted to get that out there. It's common sense really. We're all grown ups here and probably knew that already.
DZ2 says that Ugroth Bolgrot is now illegal (not in a rule though). He has also been removed from the Chaos Pact roster. Any thoughts?

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote: DZ2 says that Ugroth Bolgrot is now illegal (not in a rule though). He has also been removed from the Chaos Pact roster. Any thoughts?
How was he removed from the Chaos Pact Roster? I don't see anything under "Chaos Renegades" team list that indicates what Stars would play for them. Only in the Star profile does it state what teams they play for. Since Ugroth Bolgrot hasn't appeared in any of the Death Zone books yet, his profile hasn't been updated since CRP times and should still be valid.

Milo

Regash

Post by Regash »

The illegal part is about the name issue with Ripper Bolgroth.
They share a name and while the Troll really is called Ripper, Ugroth only got the nickname because of his chainsaw.
So the Troll tries to legally force the Orc to not play as 'Ripper' but as 'Ugroth', so they won't be confused.
The Orc, proud of his nickname, refuses to do so, that's all.

Both stars are still valid and available for play.
At least what I read from DZ2.
The Troll just wants you to call the Orc 'Ugroth' and, to be honest, I think I'd heed a Trolls wishes with that fatality record... :wink: :orc:

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Regash wrote:The illegal part is about the name issue with Ripper Bolgroth.
They share a name and while the Troll really is called Ripper, Ugroth only got the nickname because of his chainsaw.
So the Troll tries to legally force the Orc to not play as 'Ripper' but as 'Ugroth', so they won't be confused.
The Orc, proud of his nickname, refuses to do so, that's all.
Oh yeah, I know that -- I was responding to the point that they had been removed from the Chaos Pact roster. If anything, the inclusion of an Orc Lineman makes it MORE feasible that Ugroth plays for the Chaos Renegades.

As for whether the Orc should take the Troll's advice... no one ever accused Orcs of being smart.

Milo

Regash

Post by Regash »

Milo wrote:Oh yeah, I know that -- I was responding to the point that they had been removed from the Chaos Pact roster.
I think there was a misunderstanding on RoterSternHochdahls side. The explanation was more for him, not you.
He's a German like me and maybe misread he article about Ripper.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

None of the old Stars have been replaced. None of them. They are all still legal. They will all still work for the teams listed on their profiles in the CRP.

Fezglitch is a Clan Pestilens censer bearer, The Verminator is a massive rat ogre that's been adapted by Clan Skryre engineers.
There's more to a miniature release than stats and special rules, it's to be hoped that Stars like these give hobbyists some inspiration to convert their own teams based on none standard ideas from the background.

Ugroth Bolgrot cannot call himself "Ripper", and guess what that effects? His relationship with Ripper in the background and ongoing story. Doesn't mean he can't be used, but sets up a bit of rivalry.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

None of the old Stars have been replaced. None of them. They are all still legal. They will all still work for the teams listed on their profiles in the CRP.
If this is true, has the 'New & improved' rules committee of which JT-Y and Milo are a part of considered the impact of the new stars when stacked with existing stars?

I raise this, as there is a very real 'balance' reason why Morg and Ramtut won't play on the same team together, the fluff was written later.

Have similar combinations, like Fezglitch and the Verminator, been considered?

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Babs wrote:
If this is true, has the 'New & improved' rules committee of which JT-Y and Milo are a part of considered the impact of the new stars when stacked with existing stars?

I raise this, as there is a very real 'balance' reason why Morg and Ramtut won't play on the same team together, the fluff was written later.

Have similar combinations, like Fezglitch and the Verminator, been considered?
Why is Ramtut&Morg much better than Morg&Ripper? I mean Ramtut looks great as a cage breaker, but is it really a balance issue when the team needs 800k+ to induce both?

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

JT-Y wrote:None of the old Stars have been replaced. None of them. They are all still legal. They will all still work for the teams listed on their profiles in the CRP.

Fezglitch is a Clan Pestilens censer bearer, The Verminator is a massive rat ogre that's been adapted by Clan Skryre engineers.
There's more to a miniature release than stats and special rules, it's to be hoped that Stars like these give hobbyists some inspiration to convert their own teams based on none standard ideas from the background.
When you say all the old stars are still legal, does that include some that seem to be discontinued from the past? Like:
Bilerot Vomit Flesh
Dieter Hammerslash (would he get Monstrous Mouth?)
Dorjak Sureclaw
Duke Luthor von Hawkfire
Frank N Stein
Galmen Goreblade
Geaser Geargrinder
Griegor Miessen
Hoshi Komi
Rasta Tail Spike
Slarga Foulstrike (love that name)
Thrud the Barbarian
Withergrasp Doubledrool
Wormhowl Grayscar

Also, having dived into assembling the new GW/FF minis...I have tried to keep an open mind about the possibility of modding minis to either differentiate positionals or Star Player conversions. With multi-part minis though, it seems the opportunities for modding/conversions are very limited. I don't expect GW to change ship and go back to metal, one part minis....but assuming that hobbyists are simply going to convert existing models into others, seems rather daft of GW. If they really want to encourage players to come up with new stuff, I think they need to either 1) include more alternate bits on the team sprues or 2) make more alternate bits available (ala Bright Crusaders, Orcland Raiders) through GW's site. The resin pieces from Forge World are just too expensive.

One other thing, you had mentioned in a thread that 'GW is cracking down on Bits dealers'. I think on Ebay or something. This would also seem to be a counterpoint to 'GW encouraging players to get creative and mod their own SPs!'. I'm not familiar with what the issue would be with bits dealers, so maybe that's the point I'm missing. I've found it nice to be able to occasionally purchase a Warhammer piece (like shoulder pads, horns, etc.) to mod my existing minis and change them up a bit. Also, if I only need two more positionals (e.g. Gutter Runners), it's nice to be able to buy two models off of someone on Ebay rather than a whole team. Sorry I don't have an exact quote of your statement, and if I missed your point.