New Starplayers

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heroic_Tackle
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Starplayers

Post by Heroic_Tackle »

Elf twins only show up together`Boo! I want to see that MB/Tackle Dude wreck opposing players on his own. ;)

Reason: ''
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

All I'm saying is the new art work is a bit better than 1st ed Glart from the scramblers hehe

I really really hope we get a nice miniature for Glart from Forge World. If done properly he could be one of my favourite ever minis.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Heroic_Tackle wrote:Elf twins only show up together`Boo! I want to see that MB/Tackle Dude wreck opposing players on his own. ;)
They are a good option for an Elf team that got totally wrecked in their last game and needs more players to be competitive in their next game.

Milo

Heroic_Tackle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Heroic_Tackle »

Sure, but no option to get them seperatly is no fun. I don´t care it the guy with Block/MB/Tacklle is very good, if he is costed the right way. Will we see them that often? I doubt it.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Heroic_Tackle wrote:Sure, but no option to get them seperatly is no fun. I don´t care it the guy with Block/MB/Tacklle is very good, if he is costed the right way. Will we see them that often? I doubt it.
Maybe with the long time hiring rules :-)

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

stashman wrote:
Heroic_Tackle wrote:Sure, but no option to get them seperatly is no fun. I don´t care it the guy with Block/MB/Tacklle is very good, if he is costed the right way. Will we see them that often? I doubt it.
Sorry, no, not as written (though a commissioner could always decide to tweak that for their league.)

Milo

stashman

Post by stashman »

Milo wrote:
stashman wrote:
Sorry, no, not as written (though a commissioner could always decide to tweak that for their league.)

Use the rules for permanently adding Star Players to your roster. Want to give teams more character?

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

That elf AG5, accurate, safe throw, NOS, pass... is so insane. That mean 3+ long bombs in a tackle zones with pass reroll.

In a Pro Elf (Union Elf) team with catchers with NOS is, in my opinion, a break games.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
stashman

Post by stashman »

dreamscreator wrote:That elf AG5, accurate, safe throw, NOS, pass... is so insane. That mean 3+ long bombs in a tackle zones with pass reroll.

In a Pro Elf (Union Elf) team with catchers with NOS is, in my opinion, a break games.

390k is expensive so they need to be good, as the fluff also tells.

I love it!

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Just for clarity, because the twins come as a pair, they can't be permanently rostered as per the rules elsewhere in DZ2.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

stashman wrote:
dreamscreator wrote:That elf AG5, accurate, safe throw, NOS, pass... is so insane. That mean 3+ long bombs in a tackle zones with pass reroll.

390k is expensive so they need to be good, as the fluff also tells.

I love it!
390k if for both of them! So you have an excellent blitzer MB, Block, Tackle and a extraordinary thrower for 195k each. Cheap in my opinion.

That's true you should hire together, and elf teams are expensive. But you can built an insane team with that two.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

The Twins are crazy cheap (for each) and Valen is broken for when you have that 390k. He even has sure hands and safe throw.

But could be fun for a tourney where you have to bring death zone starplayers.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
stashman

Post by stashman »

When does a Elf team have 390k inducements?

With expensive mistakes you wont save that much cash.

You can have around 200k cash and 200k petty cash.

But how often?

stashman

Post by stashman »

JT-Y wrote:Just for clarity, because the twins come as a pair, they can't be permanently rostered as per the rules elsewhere in DZ2.
Ok. How many games and what price to hire stars

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

stashman wrote:
JT-Y wrote:Just for clarity, because the twins come as a pair, they can't be permanently rostered as per the rules elsewhere in DZ2.
Ok. How many games and what price to hire stars
You must spend 100£ on 40k and you can hire all the stars you want. :P

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."