Goblin Roster DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Goblin Roster DZ2

Post by Wobert »

I like the new additions to the Goblins teams.

That said, my biggest issue is the 'Ooligan. If they are going to field fans on the pitch, well shouldn't everyone have one? Goblins aren't exclusive in having rowdy fans in Bloodbowl so this feels like the kind of positional that if its going to exist then all teams should have something similar.

Reason: ''
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

He's not a fan who has taken to the pitch, he's a goblin player behaving in a very goblin-y way. Making a lot of noise and being disruptive to the game, playing up to the crowd.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

Milo wrote:
How? Everyone wants to say "GW should have done better". So put your money where your mouth is: how would YOU have done it differently?
Good question Milo.

The only good answer I can come up with is "complete teams" with 16 players, hell even 18 would be better than 12 IMHO.

However, I think that the main issue with the LRB veterans like me is that I was pretty happy with my BB before GW relaunched it. The rule set was pretty good (apart from the Treeman for the Wood elves, but that is my personal beef) as close as it could get to perfect (except my personal beef) and now GW wakes up and try to change my BB.

I was ready to give them the benefit of the doubt but what were the changes? A PO nerf that was not necessary, a boost for the GR (WTF?!) and Crap and Crumblecrappy (non loner! 100K to 150K underpriced).

So first reaction was to pick up my chainsaw and to scream: HOW DARE YOU DO THAT GW!!

However with the Gobo and the Chaos renegades...that looks OK. But because of the previous changes, I'm paranoid. I stopped trusting GW since the LRB debacle. I only trust Galak, beloved by all.

I also am worried about the starplayers. But the second wave seems OK. Hell, as an Underworld player I'm getting another very good one against bashy team and I'm having wet dreams fielding a Squig/Glart Jr combo.

As for the other rules, stadium, sponsors...why not. I'm assuming that they are broken or imperfect, but they are optional. BG were broken when they started being introduced so I hope that GW will listen to the feedback to work out the problems in these new rules (an errata of the infamous ogre and halfling would be a start).

I do not envy your job Milo, having to convince old, grumpy, conservative and paranoid guys like that think that the LRB is perfect that anything GW does is an improvement.

But DZ2 seems to be OKish...I may even buy it...

Then a last comment to people complaining about Gobo and balance....stop it. We are talking about a tier 3 team. When I play Gobo I play for maximum chaos and mayhem. I play to chainsaw Wardancers and horned GR. I play to put the fear of Nuffle in the heart of my opponent. I taht context, the Olligan and the Doom Diver are perfect. More toys to play with, more opportunities for mayhem.

Kick off return was my idea :)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6355&p=174621#p174621
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

cyagen wrote: fielding a Squig/Glart Jr combo
Why not go all in and go for a Glart and Glart Jr combo?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Turns out that Glart Jr has been an imposter all along :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Pedda wrote:
cyagen wrote: fielding a Squig/Glart Jr combo
Why not go all in and go for a Glart and Glart Jr combo?
The Squig Hopper can cage break on non-dodge ball carriers.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

I think you are going to see Goblin teams with some very dangerous options, now.

The 'Ooligan does 2 separate things - Both of which are mutually (almost) exclusive.

The 'Ooligan adds +1 FAME due to his 'Fan Favourite' 'skill. This means that as long as he is alive, you are getting a ton of bonuses to kickoff results.(But not money. It never applies to money).

The other thing he does is give out Disturbing Presence, which combined with throwing Trolls can cause turnovers from unexpected handoffs and the like, but also could cause serious damage to him from the throw or them using their blitz on him.

Swoop gives +1 to land when throwing and, when you scatter, you use the throw-in template. That means that you will never, ever, ever not be able to get a one turn touchdown from a bad scatter. It also means you have a 3+ with a reroll to land, which is spectacular. Coupled with Ripper, that means a 2+ to throw, a 3+ rerollable to land and walking in for a one-turn touchdown.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Scrappa wrote:I think you are going to see Goblin teams with some very dangerous options, now.

The 'Ooligan does 2 separate things - Both of which are mutually (almost) exclusive.

The 'Ooligan adds +1 FAME due to his 'Fan Favourite' 'skill. This means that as long as he is alive, you are getting a ton of bonuses to kickoff results.(But not money. It never applies to money).

The other thing he does is give out Disturbing Presence, which combined with throwing Trolls can cause turnovers from unexpected handoffs and the like, but also could cause serious damage to him from the throw or them using their blitz on him.

Swoop gives +1 to land when throwing and, when you scatter, you use the throw-in template. That means that you will never, ever, ever not be able to get a one turn touchdown from a bad scatter. It also means you have a 3+ with a reroll to land, which is spectacular. Coupled with Ripper, that means a 2+ to throw, a 3+ rerollable to land and walking in for a one-turn touchdown.
No dodge though. Also will have a BIG target on his head.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Heff wrote:No dodge though. Also will have a BIG target on his head.
Yep. Doom Diver is going to attract his share of malicious Blocks.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Heff wrote: No dodge though. Also will have a BIG target on his head.
Not only that, but Swoop removes the Stunty bonus for dodging. You'll want to hope the opposition doesn't have a full team on the pitch.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

JT-Y wrote:

Absolutely this. If a Doom Diver is on the pitch across from any of my teams, he will be marked for death. I hate thrown Goblins! :lol:

Winning... it beats losing.
Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

TheAzman wrote:
JT-Y wrote:

Absolutely this. If a Doom Diver is on the pitch across from any of my teams, he will be marked for death. I hate thrown Goblins! :lol:

Absolutely. Only set the Doom Diver up on offense, never on defense. And for those 1/9 chances of him failing to land, foul the poop out of him.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Scrappa wrote:
TheAzman wrote:
JT-Y wrote: Yep. Doom Diver is going to attract his share of malicious Blocks.
Absolutely. Only set the Doom Diver up on offense, never on defense. And for those 1/9 chances of him failing to land, foul the poop out of him.
How is this different than any thrown goblin? Are you in the habit of letting opposing teams get one of their players deep into your backfield with no repercussions whatsoever?

What I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned is the possibility of a Goblin team fielding TWO Fan Favourite players simultaneously ('Ooligan and a rostered Star, either Ripper or maybe Nobbla/Fungus). With a good gate roll, you could potentially get +4 FAME -- imagine a Pitch Invasion where you stun opposing players on anything but a 1?

Milo

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Scrappa wrote:
TheAzman wrote:
JT-Y wrote:

I'm disagree. As Doom Driver can use stunty to dodge and hasn't dodge. I see him more like a goblinbomb, throw him into a cage to kill the ball carrier or one of the corners and blitz with the squig or chainsaw.

Probably is the best addition to the goblin team because give some different options of play. Ooligan in the other side... I don't like him, sorry.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Heff wrote: No dodge though. Also will have a BIG target on his head.
Not to mention one time in thirty-six, the Doom Diver will be an extra tasty snack for a Troll.

It's a hard life for the Doom Diver. Perhaps we should have called him the Doomed Diver?

Milo