game with a member

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

game with a member

Post by bound for glory »

Hello boys! Anyone miss me?

I've been pretty busy what with the new house and all the other nonsence my wife has gotten me into, and about a month ago I had another operation(my last,

I hope) on my back. I had a L4-L5 fusion, and a plate was put in. I'm in so much pain. The Doctor gives me perc 20mg pain killers and I eat them like candy. I'm to take 3 a day, and thats a joke, because I take about 10 a day.

Mean to say, How can you convince a doctor who feels fine, that you are in pain?

Anyway, I had a somewhat funny thing happen, Blood Bowl related, so I thought I tell you about it.

I met a guy at the hobby shop I sometimes go to, and we set up a game date at my house, for last Friday night. At 6pm.

Well, 6pm comes and goes, and this guy is'nt there.

8pm and no show.

just about 10pm, and I'm ready to take a handfull of pain killers and go to bed.

And the door bell rings. Its my gaming buddy. WTF is he doing here at 10pm? He said he could'nt find my house and here he is. I told him I was just about to go to bed. He tells me he is almost out of gas and could he have $20 so he could get home.

I give him $10, and tell him I'm going to bed.

I go to my sons room before I go to bed and say good night, but my boy is in some kind of CALL OF DUTY game with a bunch of his "online friends", and he is too into it to say much.

I'M just about in dream land when the door bell rings. Well, I'm in bed, so my wife can get it, but who the f is at our door at 10:34pm?

My wife comes into our bedroom and tells me gaming buddy wants to take to me. I get up, put on my new camo pants, and a Bad Religion shirt, and go down staires to see whats up, as I'm trying to go to bed.

He tells me his vehicle is not starting. Can I give him a ride home? At this point, my pain killers are kicking in, and I don't drrive much any more, due to my back. On top of this, he lives about 40minutes away.

I tell him I can't drive, so I ask my wife. Too late, shes asleep. So this guy has to call someone to come for him. This takes about 20minutes.

This guy sits in my liveing room and does'nt say much. I try to talk to him about blood bowl, and my massive collection, but he just sits there.

About 11:40pm his ride gets there. I go to bed.

And I forgot to ask for my 10$ back...

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
Fist of Gales
Experienced
Experienced

Re: game with a member

Post by Fist of Gales »

My wife collects knives and swords, I'm pretty sure she'd skin my alive if this happened to us :D

TL

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Dang, double bad luck. Being irritated by an unreliable moocher, and missing out on a game of Blood Bowl!

Hope your back feels better soon. Is that what the surgery was supposed to fix?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

Sounds like the start of a horror movie....... "my car wont start, can you drive me back to my house.... out in the woods......"

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I thought you meant a member of TFF.org at first... then the more I read the clearer it became.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

The guy said he was a member of TFF, but he never told me his online name, and it did'nt cross my mind to ask him his tag.

Yes, the latest operation was to fix my back, but who knows...

BTW, "operation" is a GREAT song by the Circle Jerks.

Rick Sanchez lives!
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Wasn't me!!

Also relevant:

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Very funny, mate! :lol:

Rick Sanchez lives!
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

If I set up a time to meet and play someone, if they are more than 15 minutes late, I call them to make sure they are still coming and aren't lost.

This may be something you will want to adopt. :P

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

You know, Stoudt, I was just in a "F-it. If he does'nt show, who cares?" frame of mind. I offered to give the guy directions, but he claimed to know my town(said he lived here, once) and also said he would "map quest" on his phone, if needed.

And like I posted, just having some disc's fused kinda puts you in a "F*** It" mood. To be clear, I certainly wanted to play Blood Bowl with the guy, but I also would'nt bother the guy if he decided not to come up.

If anything, I expected a phone call from HIM.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Haha. Definitely understand the "f***- it" attitude quite well. Hope this last surgery helps you out.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Thanks, brother.

Rick Sanchez lives!