Underworld change?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Underworld change?

Post by Darkson »

A picture shared on Facebook by the GW BB page (that I can't post here as on phone ATM) seems to show a change to the Underworld team, it seems to have 1 Vermin, 1 Thrower, 3 linos and a Gutter.

Is this common knowledge (don't have much BB2016 stuff so may have missed it)? Or just a badly sourced pic?

If it is correct that is a big buff for the UW team, as they'd now have access to decent pass/catch play without the concern of Animosity.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Underworld change?

Post by Loki »

Its a picture with GW's announcement of Spike! Magazine Issue 9. What GW said about mini's was:
"This box mixes and matches the contents of both the Goblin and Skaven teams in one kit. You’ll also get extra balls, team tokens, and trackers since both teams’ accessories are included on their respective frames. It’s a really cool way to enjoy more of the incredible Blood Bowl model range while coaching just one team! Plus, each team member has a unique pose since no sprues are repeated! You’ll also find a combined Underworld Creepers transfer sheet so you can give them a unified look. Now, if only you could make them get along better…"

You'll have to buy the book if you want to know more Simon :o :lol: :D

For ref:
Creepers.PNG
Source for Pic and text on GW site
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I weep. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I guess it will be the same for the Old World team of Humans / Dwarfs / Halflings. If the pic is anything to go by, you'll have a choice of any Human or Dwarf positional as well as Halflings.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

They could take 2 Blitzers before, so it looks like they are giving 1 up to get the Gutter Runner. Losing some strength to get a good runner. I mentioned in the other thread, that just makes 1 really good target. With the Skaven team, they have 3 more to fall back on if you kill one, and that's what can make that team tough. I'm not great at playing Underworld mind you, but I don't see this buff as too upsetting. I always find myself short on strength with that team, so losing one of the Blitzers would be hard. This is team with Line Goblins, after all!

montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

I think they always post a photo of the content of a box. So the photo for Orcs doesn't have 4 Bobs, for example. So it might not be a trade, you might still get 2 Skaven Blitzers and just gain 1-X Gutter Runners. Same logic for any new Goblin positionals, if they are from those FW packs (ball-and-chain and so forth).

GW should really get their website article strategy in order... they showed us Snotlings and no follow-up on rules, roster, inducements, etc... now they show us these two team photos, and again nothing else (for now)...

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Possibly the underworld box is just made up of a single sprue from the skaven box, a sprue of goblins and a troll.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

The pic shows one skaven frame and two goblin ones (2+4 players, they are smaller frames). Exactly half of the contents of the normal boxes. Troll is not shown, so must be separate. Want 2 skaven blitzers or linemen because it is like CRP? Buy again.

Old World Alliance is similar for dwarves and humans, one frame each, plus frame with pot-helmets from halfling box.

We will see how they work rules wise, if frames dictate positionals or not.

montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

nighson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nighson »

Confirmed change from two of each linerat, thrower, and blitzer, to one thrower, blitzer, gutter runner, and three linerats.

Gutter runners do not get mutations on a normal roll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

This is one of the first race updates i've really taken umbrage with, possibly because it's one of my favourite races. From a tournament standpoint I don't think the change affects much - Skitter is a staple in my tournament builds so I lose Skitter and take Glart instead which is largely a wash. From a league standpoint the change is a flat nerf. League UW rely heavily on the blitzers to keep parity with the removals that your team are inevitably taking and 0-1 loses you pitch coverage in game while also meaning loss of a blitzer in game or in development is devastating.

Not impressed.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Snipping skills not good enough, but the in-dugout fight rule gives them a potential boost.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

mawph wrote:Snipping skills not good enough, but the in-dugout fight rule gives them a potential boost.
Dugout rule appears to be for Underworld Creepers only not Underworld Denizens.

garion

Post by garion »

Oh dear oh dear...

This is up there with Horatio in terms of bad design...

First of all 0-3 Linemen... assuming this is just because that's how the sprue come. Not cool GW not cool. Should be 0-4 or 0-2.

Losing a Thrower and Blitzer for a Gutter Runner is probably a small boost in its self, but when combined with losing a blitzer and thrower, they are 1 st3 player down. After gaining a linerat. Might even out overall though because GRs are amazing.

Then comes the real kick in the teeth (possibly). "Fist Fight in the Dug Outs...." What a pile of crap this special rule is... Again - like Horatio (all Infamous coaches tbh) and Cards should have a BIG RED warning next to it saying Optional Rule only.

The only small ray of hope is the Race is called Underworld Denizens, whereas the First Fight in the Dug Out rule specifically says Underworld Creepers, so it might be the case that this extra rule is for playing with the Famous Team that will be listed in the same magazine rather than Underworld Denizens. So fingers crossed. I guess even if it is not a special rule we can all just rule lawyer it anyway because of the race typo in their rules, and ignore it.

Guess this means the Old World Alliance roster will be -

1 Dwarf Slayer
1 Dwarf Blitzer
1 Dwarf Runner
3 Dwarf Linebeards
1 Human Catcher
1 Human Blitzer
1 Human Thrower
3 Human Linemen
0-16 Flings
1 Ogre

If they get a "special rule" my money is on the players getting drunk and fat because of the dwarven Bugmans beer and Halfling grub.

I'm assuming the Chaos Renegade roster will remain the same.

edit: crisis everted to a certain extent. The fight in the dug out was in the previous print of the team as well, and was specifically there for Legendary team only. Chaos Renegades had one for Morg too where players within 3 squares of morg gained pro and lost animosity. In short, looks like this extra rule stuff can be ignored :smoking:

Yeah after a few reads the team is fine. Not a fan of the 0-3 but I'm 99.9% sure the figh rule can be ignored. Phew :) Now hurry up and release those Snotlings :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

When rosters start getting led by sprue layout rather than game design, that's a bad sign for a game. :(