Grak and Crumbleberry

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Grak and Crumbleberry

Post by Vanguard »

Itchen Masack wrote:Sorry cant be reading all through this thread to find out:

New Kick team Mate skill, the airborne player can hit an opposing player on landing AND still end up on his feet himself, unlike TTM where they would both go down?
Nope, the kicked player uses the rules under Right Stuff for landing which is where it is specified that landing on another player is a failed landing, placed prone and requires an armour roll.

Reason: ''
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Thanks :) I managed to stop reading the rules just before that part!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

keith wrote:The original AG3 on Grak is 40k + attr tax 10k, and the old KTM shoud be 10-20k more, making the total 260~280k.
Reducing stats and raising price at the same time, very GWish nerf blow. lulz
Notice you don't factor the addition of Loner into your calculation, which is big for Grak alone.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

JT-Y wrote:Update was written by James. Playtesters only helped with wording.

Funny story. They were always going to be updated but the more people get angry, call people names, use foul language, send abusive emails, and basically behave like they should be living in a field, the less likely they are to get what they want.

Imagine that eh.
If they were always going to be updated, why did they state that the rules are as intended and there are no plans for an update/errata?

There is no excuse for people being abusive and think it's disgusting that happened. However, wouldn't some of the anger have been reduced if James or Andy had come out and said that, based on the feedback received, they were going to update Grak and Crumbleberry's stats?

I'm very happy that the stats have been changed and think the revised version is much more balanced. However, I'm just curious as to why they seemed to stonewall those people who (politely) asked if the stats would be fixed.

I feel like a simple "we'll work on it when we get the chance" might have placated many of the masses and also shown that they were open to taking external feedback on board (which they certainly did in this case, and on a number of other occasions). Obviously I wasn't the one dealing with abuse about it though. I can imagine that would make one want to tell them all where to go.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

On a related note, where is James off to and is he being replaced?

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Olaf the Stout wrote:On a related note, where is James off to and is he being replaced?
Who is James?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Olaf the Stout wrote:On a related note, where is James off to and is he being replaced?
Setting up his own company, the name of which I forget.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

He was one of the GW game designers who worked on the BB2016 release, recently left GW to set up his own company Needy Cat Games. Since the release, James has been pretty good at responding to queries on Twitter and the BB Facebook pages.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Vanguard wrote:
He was one of the GW game designers who worked on the BB2016 release, recently left GW to set up his own company Needy Cat Games. Since the release, James has been pretty good at responding to queries on Twitter and the BB Facebook pages.
As mentioned, James Hewitt is off to start his own company (a long term dream of his) and spend more time with his daughter. His role will be filled -- he posted a link to the job description on his FB page shortly before he left -- but I'm not privy to any of the details of the hiring process. He may continue to do some freelance work for GW at times, I believe.

Milo

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Cheers all for the info.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Vanguard wrote:
Thanks!