Grak and Crumbleberry

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Grak and Crumbleberry

Post by Khar-peth »

Milo wrote: I can tell you that the team has heard this feedback and that there will be less of this in the future.
if the team could hear that Stars dont HAVE to carry a ball to look like BB players that would be great.

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Khar-peth wrote:
Milo wrote: I can tell you that the team has heard this feedback and that there will be less of this in the future.
if the team could hear that Stars dont HAVE to carry a ball to look like BB players that would be great.
I'll see what I can do but no promises.

Milo

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

Oh, yes. I am having so much fun with this design criteria I am about to burst.

And they told us CRP adherence would be the norm and that there was a group of experienced players testing this.

I wonder how anyone may still want to trust them.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Manuel wrote:And they told us CRP adherence would be the norm and that there was a group of experienced players testing this.

I wonder how anyone may still want to trust them.
*sigh* I can't really argue with this. I know DZ2 was reviewed by their playtest group, but I don't know if this was prepared prior to the playtest group being formed, or they just decided to sidestep it somehow. I understand that they've asked for patience and continue to make some mistakes, and that has a negative effect on their reputation.

The only thing I can really say is that I know some future releases will be better, the mistakes they've made can be easily fixed, and that they've seemed willing to take constructive feedback and improve the processes. Still clearly a work in progress, though.

Milo

garyt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garyt »

A cool player combo but absurdly cheap considering star pricing. And they can play for any team?? Wow.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Rolex wrote:It is usually 170k (140+30), + AG on the ogre (210k), Sure Hands on the halfling (240k) and Kick Team Mate (which is extremely random but surely better than TTM especially if you have both on the team... let's say 40K?) total value... about 280 k value for 210k price... and NO LONER! :o
A lot better than any existing star players and I think better then most lineup players as well.
Was so happy to see the someone get the math right.

I'd probably tweak it to say that KTM is a 30k skill instead of a 40k skill. TTM is normally costed at 20k as an extra skill but TTM uses up the Pass Action ... this does not so it is definitely a way better skill even with the scatter effect (many a TTM is foiled by the inability to handoff the ball to the player to be thrown ... now if you are one square short you can quick pass to do it). So I'd put the pair at a start of 270k ... BUT if the lack of Loner on BOTH players is really meant ... that is I'd say is AT LEAST a 30k skill ... times 2 ... so 330k in value for 210k ... deal of the century. No way these should be legal for any tournament. The undercosting is just so bad.

I'm very confused as well ... official new minis for Brick and Grotty would have been wonderfully received by the community without creating this unbalanced pair.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Someone at the Open Day (J_Bone?) tweeted that Andy said the missing Loner was a typo.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:Someone at the Open Day (J_Bone?) tweeted that Andy said the missing Loner was a typo.
Which very much helps and then just means they are underpriced by a measly 60k. :roll:

Sarcasm aside ... thanks for that information Darkson ... makes me feel a tiny bit better but not much.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

Darkson wrote:Someone at the Open Day (J_Bone?) tweeted that Andy said the missing Loner was a typo.
I am getting concerned about the amount of these really. It seems that all the typos have actual real in game effects rather than the odd "i" instead of an "o"

i appreciate them releasing errata etc but the entirety of the community is not as connected to the streams where they release this feels like closing the stable after the horse has bolted in some occasions.

I get that it seems that the remit for the new game has been "more randomness and fun" available. And of course they have tried to put a lot of it as "optional" but im sure there will be more than a few issues when newcomers turn up to tournaments expecting to play with special play cards or some other optional. I feel for the independent tourney/league organisers!

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Which very much helps and then just means they are underpriced by a measly 60k. :roll:

Sarcasm aside ... thanks for that information Darkson ... makes me feel a tiny bit better but not much.
When I saw the first pics in bad quality I had read 310 k. And I thought it was a good deal (if loner).

They look like they were written by someone really drunk or stoned and sent straight into production....

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

For those into numbers, i calculated the odds to score with the KTM at 24.3% (without the potential dodges) so you can just sit in your half as long as you want, and attempt this in the last turn.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Elyoukey wrote:For those into numbers, i calculated the odds to score with the KTM at 24.3% (without the potential dodges) so you can just sit in your half as long as you want, and attempt this in the last turn.
Considering also the possibility of passing the ball or doing also the TTM?
Or it is just the KTM action?

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Rolex wrote:
Elyoukey wrote:For those into numbers, i calculated the odds to score with the KTM at 24.3% (without the potential dodges) so you can just sit in your half as long as you want, and attempt this in the last turn.
juste the KTM action kicking a mv5 player already holding the ball.
but since you can do it from anywhere the issue of giving your player the ball is not a big deal in opposition with the TTM which need to be close to the los

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Elyoukey wrote:
Rolex wrote:
juste the KTM action kicking a mv5 player already holding the ball.
but since you can do it from anywhere the issue of giving your player the ball is not a big deal in opposition with the TTM which need to be close to the los
Yes. And more:
-if you place crumbleberry in the center of your half, the ball cannot scatter too far to hand it off to him;
-you can kick him with no ball and then he lands in good position, you can pass it to him;
-if he scatters good but doesn't land he may be able to reach the end zone anyway (and than you pass him the ball);
-if he scatters back and land you can hand off him the ball and then TTM him;
-if he fails you can try another OTTD (maybe TTM on another player).

The biggest limitation on the TTM is that it uses up the pass action for the turn.... KTM doesn't.

I think that with many teams, combining all these possibilities, the OTTD gets very likely.... maybe in the 40% range....

And to many teams they are incredibly valuable even without considering the OTTD!!! :o

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Grak & Crumbleberry were done months ago, long before any external proofreading was established.
They are just cool models FW wants to be able to sell at events like Open Days, the rules are an afterthought really. They do have quite a bank of such models and every year some go away and new ones come along, for all the systems FW makes models for.

They aren't getting a general release, they aren't intended or even expected to appear in tournaments. The expectation is that they'll get the most use as an Ogre on a team and perhaps an alternative Puggy (which was what the sculptor made that model as, several years ago for his own collection) rather than as super new Stars.

They play for all teams only because if you buy a thing like this and want to use the rules that come with it it's nice to be able to do that. They likely should be Loners (typos do happen). Kick is just a bit of something for anyone who wants to give these two a whirl in casual games.

I eagerly await your angry responses, it is quite literally why I come here.

Thanks.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik