Nurgle has 7 Stars??? WTF!!! >:(

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

If you HAD to remove one of these Stars from the Nurgle roster, which would it be?

Max Spleenripper
No votes
Lewdgrip Whiparm
5%
Brick Far'th & Grotty
71%
Lord Borak
3%
Grashnak Blackhoof
12%
Morg'n'Throg
9%

Total votes: 76

Darkson
Da Spammer

Nurgle has 7 Stars??? WTF!!! >:(

Post by Darkson »

[Purely hypothetical discussion]

Since LRB5 the idea was that all teams had access to 6 stars, some which were race-specific, some who would play for multiple teams. GW have added a Nurgle only star In Guffle Pusmaw, given them access (at NAF events anyway) to 7.

Given that Guffle has to stay, which of the other 6 (Max Spleenripper, Lewdgrip Whiparm, Brick Far'th & Grotty, Lord Borak, Grashnak Blackhoof and Morg) would you remove, and why?
(Bilerot, from the recent GW tournament, is not classed by GW as official [even though the NAF allows it] so doesn't count.)

(Note: in no way am I suggesting the additional of an extra Star breaks Nurgle. The thread title is a joke.)

[Edit]

Some people are missing the point of this thread, I'm not asking to remove Stars, I am asking a specific question that has zero intention of becoming official or even a point of official discussion.

However, for those that are having issues with the question, you can replace it with the following:
You are the new Blood Bowl game designer, and you've been TOLD (non-negotiable) by higher-ups you can only have 6 Star options per roster, and Guffle has to be one of the Nurgle options, due to an upcoming figure.
Which of the current 6 options do you remove, and why?

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Nurgle has 7 Stars??? WTF!!! >:(

Post by Pedda »

I'd remove Brick Far'th & Grotty because Guffle Pusmaw has AG4 which Grotty also has.
Nurgle, IMHO, shouldn't have access to too much AG.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'm personally on the fence between Brick & Grotty and Lewdgrip.

Brick & Grotty because they don't seem Chaotic to be at all, let alone Nurgly (though to be fair, I only find Morg Chaotic due to his long association with the Chaos All-Stars).

Lewdgrip I'd drop because I'm old-school, and don't like the thought of the Chaos Powers mixing, and he's certainly Slannesh, not Nurgle. But, Nurgle and Slannesh weren't bitter enemies so...

Put me down as Brick & Grotty, but wouldn't be upset if it was Lewdgrip.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Personally I welcome our new overlords...

I like the idea of new Stars

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I chose Brick & Grotty - they just never seemed like they should play in a Nurgle team anyway.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

While I like the thought of new stars, the idea of "not 6" stars bothers my nerd-OCD.
I'm all for booting Brick & Grotty off the team :orc:

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

frogboy wrote:Personally I welcome our new overlords...

I like the idea of new Stars
I like the idea of more stars. But there are weaker teams that could use the advantage of better selection of stars than Nurgle. I think ignoring that and giving Nurgle a boost makes little sense.

You can be fluffy and still work towards balance instead of working towards polarization of strength.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Eight. They also have Bilerot Vomitflesh.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

The Three I use are Max Spleenripper, Lewdgrip Whiparm and Lord Borak so they stay.
Morg stays for fluff.
Of the other two I might use Grashnak which means Brick Far'th & Grotty get kicked out

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Twelfman wrote:Eight. They also have Bilerot Vomitflesh.
He's not "official".

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Slightly off topic but I was listening to the radio this morning and a horse trainer said that all those horses have stable names and course names. I wonder if its the same for bloodbowl stars.

Is Lewdgrip Whiparm known to his mum as Norman?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Heff wrote:Slightly off topic but I was listening to the radio this morning and a horse trainer said that all those horses have stable names and course names. I wonder if its the same for bloodbowl stars.

Is Lewdgrip Whiparm known to his mum as Norman?
Donald. And those aren't tentacles: if you look really closely there are teeny tiny hands ;)

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

So assuming no options are broke, we surely all want variety in our game. I've seen Nurgle coaches use everyone but Morg because he's so expensive. Even Brick and Grotty. So basically the Nurgle player wouldn't miss Morg as he's rarely selected for anyone, let alone Nurgle.

Given the choice I'd rather just see every other race given a new star than one taken away though!

NAF Name: Cornish
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Isn`t that a biased poll? Where is "Would not remove any"? I know that everyone has personal preferences, but not all of them include cutting content.

sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

agreed.
also, i feel its more about removing usefull stars then totally unused stars. that should not be, right?