Bought BB2, got what seem like a graphics problem

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Bought BB2, got what seem like a graphics problem

Post by theghr »

I have an about 8-10 year old laptop and when i bought BB2 in Steam and start the game i get this popup: "Bloodbowl 2 requires that your graphics hardware be compatible with DirectX 11 or OpenGL 3.3." Does anyone know what to make out of this. Thanks.

Reason: ''
Goldbaek is my hero
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Bought BB2, got what seem like a graphics problem

Post by Darkson »

Sounds like your graphics card isn't compatible with DirectX 11 and/or OpenGL 3.3 - it's to old and/or not powerful enough (I couldn't play it on my laptop, even if I wanted to, for the same reason).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

Yes it's your graphics card. Needs to be DirectX 10 compatible. I had to upgrade my desktop's graphics card to play.

If yours is an old laptop you'll be way off beam.

Run Dxdiag.exe from a command line and it should tell you what you've got atm.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I bought BB2 on Steam when it was in a sale and couldn't get it to run on my laptop - it's got quite a high requirement for capability. Ended up getting a refund from Steam :(

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

howlinggriffon wrote:I bought BB2 on Steam when it was in a sale and couldn't get it to run on my laptop - it's got quite a high requirement for capability. Ended up getting a refund from Steam :(
Me too exactly, i thought the game being a turn based one would lower its demand enough. Thanks everybody!

Goldbaek is my hero
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

You might be able to get BB1 (legendary or Chaos Edition) to run if you want (rubbish AI) single player and multiplayer, or there's FUMBBL if you don't mind the pixel art style for multiplayer.