Re-Drafting at season end

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jorgen_CAB
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Re-Drafting at season end

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

I think that leagues should strive to have teams start each season at 1400-1500 team rating and adjust the base amount of gold teams receive in each season so you end up in that ballpark. The base gold can always be adjusted by the league commissioner every season or at least by the number of games played in each season.

According to the Death Zone book each division should contain between 4-7 teams and play each other twice each season, that leave the total games played at between 10-18 games per season. If you only play 10 games you might raise the base money to 1.150.000 gold or some such and even lower it at the high end. Perhaps you put a roof at 1550TV for the best team and adjust the base line every season for everyone around that.

If you play longer leagues then the drop in TV will be sharper, that is the nature of the new league rules.

I like if there were rules for freebooting old players in one off games or rehiring older player in later seasons.

Or even hiring players from other teams if they choose not to rehire them or even outbid a team on some players so they leave to play for you next season. But in most table top leagues I played on players always tend to play different teams so this would be a rare occurrence anyway.

I also like the fact you could hire players with at least one skill who start at one season played or two skills and start as having played two seasons. This way you could give new teams say 1.250.000 gold at start and the ability to buy a few skilled players. Makes it easier to get into a running league or for veteran coaches to change teams.

We might see examples of freebooter rules in future supplements though.

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

I may sound repetetive but this is an awesome idea... for the house rules section.
Here we discussed the offcial rules as they are and not as they should have been.

Jorgen_CAB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

Regash wrote:I may sound repetetive but this is an awesome idea... for the house rules section.
Here we discussed the offcial rules as they are and not as they should have been.
The rulebook clearly states...
There are many ways to run a league, with one presented here being just one example. It is up to the Commissioner to decide how to run their league, and they are free to change or modify any of the Blood Bowl rules as they see fit.
Essentially we are discussing official rules... ;)

The official example league are of course to be taken as a good recommendation for a balanced league, I presume the rules were written with the length of leagues as stated by the example they use in the book.

So, a division will contain about 4-7 teams, although up to 8 is possible. That means 10-18(20) games per season and any friendly games in addition to that.

As far as I know these rules are balanced to get teams that eventually will stay around 1500-2000TV from season to season.

Anubis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anubis »

Hi there. I’ve got a question regarding re-drafting. I play in a league with divions of 4, everyone plays 2x against every other opponent. Afterwards there will be (maximum) 2 more matches in play offs for the division winner.
Anyway, my High Elf team had 5 out of 6 matches done (guess I’m not going to win the division, so no play offs for me). Right now I’ve got a TV of 1230k GP (FF not included, because this transfers for free). I’ve got 10k GP in the treasury and made 9TDs and 5CAS in 5 games. This sums up to 5x10k + 14x 5k +10k = 130k. So right now I could only buy a TV 1130k GP team.

So here’s the important question. Am I somehow “forced” to set up 11 players? Or can I buy my favourite guys, fill the rest of the team with complete rookies and add then journey men at no cost to fill up the team to 11 players?

I know there are opportunities like making friendly matches. But let’s just think what happens, if the league would stop right now.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

It uses the same rules for setting up a new team, so you will need 11 rostered players.