Galak's Review of the rules in his boxed set

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Galak's Review of the rules in his boxed set

Post by Milo »

dode74 wrote:
Lyracian wrote:nothing for Cas as you cannot add them to team totals in step two as they did not award SPP's.
Where does it say SPP need to be awarded for the cas? It simply says cas.
DZ1, pg 24, under "Update Team Stats", bullet point 2: "Add any Touchdowns you scored to the Touchdown section, and add any casualties you inflicted to the Casualties section -- casualties only count if they qualified towards earning one of your players Star Player points, as per page 21."

Reason: ''
Milo

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Dorn1981 wrote:
Wifflebat wrote:Agree. Not sure why anyone would play a game under those stipulations.
For the fun of the game?!
I like the rules for that. You can play, but it wont help you in the league.
Right, but if injuries count, and SPPs don't, the risk is too great. If injuries don't count, then are friendlies going to be used just to make MNG injuries meaningless?

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Dorn1981
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dorn1981 »

Wifflebat wrote:
Dorn1981 wrote:
Wifflebat wrote:Agree. Not sure why anyone would play a game under those stipulations.
For the fun of the game?!
I like the rules for that. You can play, but it wont help you in the league.
Right, but if injuries count, and SPPs don't, the risk is too great. If injuries don't count, then are friendlies going to be used just to make MNG injuries meaningless?
I think the risk is just right. You can heal MNG, you get some money, your ff can rise and you get some extra money at seasons end, for the risk of injurys. Fair enough imho.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Definitely not worth the chance of more serious injuries to me unless I'm missing someone important for a playoff game. But then, I don't think you should be able to "heal" MNGs in a friendly between playoff games anyway.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Milo wrote:
dode74 wrote:
Lyracian wrote:nothing for Cas as you cannot add them to team totals in step two as they did not award SPP's.
Where does it say SPP need to be awarded for the cas? It simply says cas.
DZ1, pg 24, under "Update Team Stats", bullet point 2: "Add any Touchdowns you scored to the Touchdown section, and add any casualties you inflicted to the Casualties section -- casualties only count if they qualified towards earning one of your players Star Player points, as per page 21."
Interesting. But fouls etc do cause cas. And it doesn't say "recorded cas" or "the number of cas written on the team sheet" when calculating updated money for redrafting, it just says "for each casualty the team caused".

It's unclear, for sure. Amending to "for each casualty recorded on the team sheet" would fix it, assuming that is the intent.